Phoenix tank problem - Odd Flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrephunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Montauk - NY
I am having trouble with my Phoenix tank I just purchased. I filled it up correctly(Upside down with a syringe) No leaking(as of yet) but when I vape it gives an extremely weird taste. Kinda burnt and gross similar to the silicone taste on the fluxos but not exactly. Its not my juice, because it tastes completely different from the juice I use and have had this juice on my Provari so I know what its burnt flavor is. This is something else entirely. I am using this on my KGO and it is really bad, taste so bad it makes me nauseous. Please help me

YoMa!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2012
Richmond, VA USA
Mine tasted really bad too. I think maybe it was Bad that said it might be primer from the manufacturer. I had to remove the plug and flush it like crazy with water. It still tasted bad for a bit but was much less than the one I tried to wait out. I did mess up one of them and it leaks now but the others are fine. I read on here that some people put a plug from a working one on the leaking one and it fixed it so I will try that later.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
the phoenix line does work and out of 300 3ml sold we had 15 people say they had primer in them and it almost all of those washed out just fine, we saw this and made sure no pg juice is used in all our future runs, even in america there would be a few mishaps, do i need to mention how cars are built here and i spent 30k only to have it crap out weeks later and not just one car but many in my life
and i can go on and on about american made products that also have had issues
thats normal when your dealing with mass produced products there is bound to be off ones

Vayne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2009
Arizona Bay
I had a burtn taste prob as well...took the tank apart, cleaned it really well and dry burned it...put it back together and no more burnt tatse! the only issue i'm having now it with leakage on the battery side...tatse and vapor is great until it leaks through to the batt...which is now happeneing after every few draws....need to get a new silicon cap and see if thats my prob...just waiting for em to come in, hopefully soon :) I love the phoenix, just need to get it working properly once again!

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
I've gotten many cartos in my time (not necessarily just from GV) that had primer in them, so I was expecting it. It has sort of a nutty taste and isn't pleasant at all. But, I just put a stout juice in and vape through it. I'm always anxious about cleaning them right off the bat because I'd hate to break it before I can even use it when I know a tank of juice will fix the problem.

TarFreeMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
Bellevue, NE
Wow!! I just opened and tried my first Phoenix ever and see what everyone means by that taste. Glad this forum is here or I would have tossed it and written it off and never tried another one. The horrible part is I'm leaving on a camping trip and won't get a chance to clean it until at least Tuesday. This is gonna be a hard 3 ml to get through. :(

On the up side, I also just tried my first Stardust and first Vivi Nova. Thanks to everyone who recommended these little gems. The Stardust is excellent right out of the box. The Vivi is getting better by the draw. I assume this is a break in thing. After 1 ml it's already tasting almost as good as a carto. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread