The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Phoenix tank problem - Odd Flavor

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by Mrephunk, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mrephunk

Mrephunk Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2012
    Montauk - NY
    I am having trouble with my Phoenix tank I just purchased. I filled it up correctly(Upside down with a syringe) No leaking(as of yet) but when I vape it gives an extremely weird taste. Kinda burnt and gross similar to the silicone taste on the fluxos but not exactly. Its not my juice, because it tastes completely different from the juice I use and have had this juice on my Provari so I know what its burnt flavor is. This is something else entirely. I am using this on my KGO and it is really bad, taste so bad it makes me nauseous. Please help me

2. YoMa!

YoMa! Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2012
    Richmond, VA USA
    Mine tasted really bad too. I think maybe it was Bad that said it might be primer from the manufacturer. I had to remove the plug and flush it like crazy with water. It still tasted bad for a bit but was much less than the one I tried to wait out. I did mess up one of them and it leaks now but the others are fine. I read on here that some people put a plug from a working one on the leaking one and it fixed it so I will try that later.

3. Mrephunk

Mar 8, 2012
    Montauk - NY
    So is there a video on the disassembly of the phoenix, and would it be ok to put the syringe back in and pull out the juice. I am almost out and wont have more till monday so I don't wanna waste it

4. YoMa!

Apr 13, 2012
    Richmond, VA USA
    There is a vid a ways down on the Phoenix page on the GotVapes site. It has taking apart and cleaning about 2/3rds through. I used a syringe to pull the juice out of mine and it was okay.

5. Mrephunk

Mar 8, 2012
    Montauk - NY
    Ok, I really hope I don't break it, there are no leaks so far and I would hate for it to start to leak,cause if it does I will just toss it, and there goes $11+shipping.

6. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

it wont leak, follow the video, its very easy to do, wash it, dry burn it with short bursts and out it back together,

they used a small amount of nasty chinese ejuice to prime some, this wont happen in our newest batches as they willa ll come dry.

7. cthompson116

cthompson116 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    Roswell
    It's a shame that nothing is built in the USA anymore :( I know things would be twice the price or more, but would probably work the first time.

C

8. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

the phoenix line does work and out of 300 3ml sold we had 15 people say they had primer in them and it almost all of those washed out just fine, we saw this and made sure no pg juice is used in all our future runs, even in america there would be a few mishaps, do i need to mention how cars are built here and i spent 30k only to have it crap out weeks later and not just one car but many in my life
    and i can go on and on about american made products that also have had issues
    thats normal when your dealing with mass produced products there is bound to be off ones

9. YoMa!

Apr 13, 2012
    Richmond, VA USA
    My mess up was definitely user error, not a hardware problem. :oops:

10. melloyello

melloyello Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2011
    usa
    i vaped through the nasty taste, took a whole tank to go through it...it was not pleasant.

any word on the replaceable silicone caps to the 3ml phoenix?

11. Vayne

Vayne Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona Bay
    I had a burtn taste prob as well...took the tank apart, cleaned it really well and dry burned it...put it back together and no more burnt tatse! the only issue i'm having now it with leakage on the battery side...tatse and vapor is great until it leaks through to the batt...which is now happeneing after every few draws....need to get a new silicon cap and see if thats my prob...just waiting for em to come in, hopefully soon :) I love the phoenix, just need to get it working properly once again!

12. BonnyC

BonnyC Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    Georgia
    I've gotten many cartos in my time (not necessarily just from GV) that had primer in them, so I was expecting it. It has sort of a nutty taste and isn't pleasant at all. But, I just put a stout juice in and vape through it. I'm always anxious about cleaning them right off the bat because I'd hate to break it before I can even use it when I know a tank of juice will fix the problem.

13. YoMa!

Apr 13, 2012
    Richmond, VA USA
    Good advice, maybe I should fill the one I haven't used with the anise I made.

14. Fury83

Fury83 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2012
    Nowhere
    My tastes like burnt rubber...which is a fantastic way to waste 3ml of E-juice. So now I dump it, disassemble it, clean it and then try again? Sounds like a fantastic product that I paid 11 bucks for.

15. tica02

tica02 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2012
    Minne-soda!
    My phoenix tank first fill is NASTY! I can't decide if I wanna suffer through it or suck it out and wash it. I REALLY hate stuff I have to fiddle with. I love gotvapes stuff, but I wish there were more things that I didn't have to take apart and do all this stuff to to get it to work right.

16. TarFreeMe

TarFreeMe Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2012
    Bellevue, NE
    Wow!! I just opened and tried my first Phoenix ever and see what everyone means by that taste. Glad this forum is here or I would have tossed it and written it off and never tried another one. The horrible part is I'm leaving on a camping trip and won't get a chance to clean it until at least Tuesday. This is gonna be a hard 3 ml to get through. :(

On the up side, I also just tried my first Stardust and first Vivi Nova. Thanks to everyone who recommended these little gems. The Stardust is excellent right out of the box. The Vivi is getting better by the draw. I assume this is a break in thing. After 1 ml it's already tasting almost as good as a carto. :vapor:

17. melloyello

melloyello Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2011
    usa
    the nasty taste lasts about 3 ml's worth of liquid...so its a bit of a bummer to suffer through it. (i did)

you could suck the liquid back out with a syringe, open the carto and clean it.

believe it or not but i guess the nasty taste you are getting is chinese tobacco according to GV. (not primer)

18. Fury83

Fury83 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2012
    Nowhere
    It's a pretty clear burnt rubber taste so I am not buying it's Chinese tobacco

19. cthompson116

cthompson116 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    Roswell
    Same here on the Phoenix XL's. took apart and let soak in vodka for an hour or so, then hot water rinse. Seems to have gotten alot better.

20. TarFreeMe

TarFreeMe Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2012
    Bellevue, NE
    Now soaking in vodka I'll be able to do while I'm camping! :toast: Oh wait, you meant soak the Phoenix in vodka....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.