Phone Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

EldarKinSlayer

Jun 4, 2009
It Is not protected!
You must be very careful
Cellphone batteries to the best of my knowledge are UNPROTECTED the cellphone has a circuit that keeps them from over charging or over discharging, use with great caution. Learn the difference between protected and unprotected batteries before use. Your Family and Neighbors will thank You!

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran

EldarKinSlayer

Jun 4, 2009
I checked mine and it IS protected. Amazon.com: Cell Phone Battery for Samsung D820 Li-Ion, Lithium Ion Technology, 100% fits, properly matching Batteries: Cell Phones & Service

Surely it is likely that most are as they are consumer items that do get carried around outside the phone.

To be sure though, check whether yours is protected before use.

kin that is an aftermarket, my OEM batteries are unprotected it is cheaper for the manufacturer to put the circuit in the device than spec protected batteries.

Last edited:

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
kin that is an aftermarket, my OEM batteries are unprotected it is cheaper for the manufacturer to puth the circuit in th edevice than spec protected batteries.

As spares might get shorted when carried aound, it makes sense to put the protection in the battery itself. Surprised that any consumer changed batteries would not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread