Pico Squeeze Autofire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
So I've had a pico squeeze for some time now, it's been shelved until further notice. Well that notice was today.

I had bought it a couple of months ago and it only lasted maybe 2 weeks before it wanted to autofire no matter what I did. The button wasnt stuck, my attys weren't shorting, batteries in new condition. I decided to rip into it today. It's hard to tell from the pictures at least on my phone it is. You may be able to see more on your computer screens.

There is a nice film of juice coating the entire inside of the mod. Would some contact cleaner fix her right up? I am going go use some silicon when I put it back together in order to try and seal it better. I love the size and look of the mod. If I can fix it for the price of some contact cleaner then that's cool. If not then maybe I'll polish it up for a nice paperweight.

On a side note/thought. I considered removing the board in place of a mosfet and some extra wiring...

20181021_131142.jpg
20181021_131322.jpg

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
Well if it’s not the button it’s the board. The squeeze never had the great rep the original pico or the pico25 did iirc

I'm sure it's the board or the button on the board. As I said the whole thing is covered in juice. I was hoping someone had more knowledge than I as ti whether contact cleaner would get rid of the juice and potentially the short if theres no permanent damage. If not then I'll turn it into a mech squonk project.

I had a istick 50w and a coworker had a 25 and both died very shortly. My younger brother also had a 50 same issue. Nice size, nice price, not so nice performance.

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm sure it's the board or the button on the board. As I said the whole thing is covered in juice. I was hoping someone had more knowledge than I as ti whether contact cleaner would get rid of the juice and potentially the short if theres no permanent damage. If not then I'll turn it into a mech squonk project.

I had a istick 50w and a coworker had a 25 and both died very shortly. My younger brother also had a 50 same issue. Nice size, nice price, not so nice performance.
That’s unfortunate to hear. I thought they were better than that. As to cleaning the only thing I know is the stuff is water soluble

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
I havent had a very good experience with the isticks or picos. I have seen some isticks several years old and still kicking though. It's a shame because the squeeze with the wasp nano on top with a .25 fused n80 clapton made for an angry little setup. I may end up buying another. I'm very close to ordering a doggy rta from fastech and diving into the mtl world for poops and giggles. I could accidentally drop a few things into my cart.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

R1 looks fried.
I would hit it with the cleaner and then some compressed air.
If it works; Yeah!
If not, well...broke is broke.

The Hotcig RSQ has a waterproof board. If you like to squonk it's a great bit of kit to add to your cart.

Cheers
I

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Isn't eliquid non-conductive though?
As long as it hasn't soaked up enough water from its surrounding, maybe (which it will btw, so it's basically a question of time until things go south. IIRC correctly, 1000mls of water can dissolve up to 1000g of glycerin! Turn that equation around, and you can easily see why your eliquid must eventually become conductive (if it wasn't mixed with water to begin with)).

Last edited:

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
One of the micro switches or whatever is on the board could have just shorted. The mod is stated to be limited at 50w. I read somewhere that, that may have been a translation issue or something and that they dont reccomend to build over 50w. I saw a reddit review/test the other day and the guy got the mod to fire 75w with a samsung 30q and with an external rig for testing he wired 2 30q in parallel and got what he claims is a hair over 90w. My point being I was running a .2ohm for a few days on a 25r batt and that's around 68watts IIRC. I could have fried it with my build.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Maybe after you clean it up try spraying it with a hydrophobic spray to protect it in the future. :2c:

Maybe something like this: https://www.amazon.com/NANOPROTECH-...ocphy=9021572&hvtargid=pla-373111687837&psc=1
Never used it so if you do decide to use some please let us know how it goes. I don’t know if this has been discussed before so I’m gonna do a search. Seems like it should be used on our mods, if there isn’t a thread discussing hydrophobic sprays for our mods there should be.

Last edited:

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
This was a known issue with Pico Squeeze.
The 510 would leak onto the board causing the auto-fire.
Many have had good luck with cleaning the board with rubbing alcohol and then giving the board several coats of clear nail polish lacquer.
Many e liquids can be strangely corrosive. Check circuit board traces closely.

If you decide to convert it, bear in mind that you will need a high current switch or install a mosfet. Both very easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread