Pictures of serious battery failure - IMR 18650

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogredog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
fontana,Cali
BlueDogs some people make them some buy the. Some get creative and turn ordinary stuff into little vaping machines. Example, flashlight or altoids tins etc. It can become hobbylike, because its fun to try new things and flavors. The standard super slim "ecigs" arent really enough for a lot of people. If your happy with that cool! They are just limited. Watch some reviews on you tube for box mods to get a better idea. Also you can usually make or buy them cheap...well unless you get the high end ones but that goes for anything

CHUCKLEHEAD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Redneck Rivera
Yeppers
This thread should be called: "Why You Shouldn't Use A Cheap ... Plastic Box Mod."

Just sayin...
:vapor::rules:
gg045.jpg

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I'm sure the switch button was depressed causing the battery to heat up. I know I've had my Indulgence heat up in my front pocket before and only knew it because my leg got mighty warm. It has happened with other pv's too that don't have a cutoff when the button is pushed in. The lesson I learned is pull it out of your pocket real quick when your leg begins to get hot.

ogredog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
fontana,Cali
QUOTE=txtumbleweed;3370679]I'm sure the switch button was depressed causing the battery to heat up. I know I've had my Indulgence heat up in my front pocket before and only knew it because my leg got mighty warm. It has happened with other pv's too that don't have a cutoff when the button is pushed in. The lesson I learned is pull it out of your pocket real quick when your leg begins to get hot.[/QUOTE]

When your leg gets hot? good gravy how about a cutoff switch or a case lol dont wait for the battery to explode! It ruins the pv!...and maybe your leg too

Ninurta

Apr 5, 2011
Euless tx
I didn't read through the whole thread so forgive me, but I wonder under which conditions this happened.
I top off my batteries every day, and I always use the button lock on my Megalodon, thus ensuring a longer battery life. Ultimately, however, once your battery is too old I suppose it then becomes a question of when to replace it, and how you can tell when you need to.

pacioli

Moved On
Jun 10, 2011
ShenZhen China
  • Deleted by oldsoldier
  • Reason: unregistered supplier posting in violation of forum rules

starangela

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
Shezhen, China
www.szmorecig.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered Supplier

Stargel

Apr 11, 2011
Syracuse,NY
  • Deleted by oldsoldier
  • Reason: don't be insulting. it was a battery failure

Stargel

Apr 11, 2011
Syracuse,NY
This is from a battery dealer
Rechargeable Lithium Battery Information - Protected vs. Unprotected Li-Ion Batteries - Lithium Ion Battery

The primary difference between the Protected and Unprotected batteries is that the protected batteries have a small circuit board, typically on the bottom of the battery, that stops the charging or discharge of the battery in certain circumstances. Some of the circumstances in which the circuit include: Over-Charge, Over-Discharge, Short-Circuit, and in some cases, overheating.

Not all protected batteries cover over heating. So I say those pictures are user errors not battery failures. you have a device that heats up. You need to protect, cover or lock the switch or this will happen.

Stargel

Apr 11, 2011
Syracuse,NY
Look at the Saber touch electrical switch perfectly safe under normal use cant be set off by accident Wrong!!! Put it in a tee shirt pocket work up a good sweat and the wet fabric if it contacts the switch and cap will set off the saber touch it happen to me. The user has to be smart enough to understand caution is needed with all these devices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread