PIF-Canada FAQ & Chit-Chat - Got questions or suggestions, post them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Hey Dusty, if my post is better in the "Treasure Chest" feel free to move it. As I said, it makes no difference to me.

I like the lounge too, so we can feel the love. :D

You are just fine where you are. Don't worry about it. ;)

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Question: Did dusty get the orientation against making bribes and cooking smelly ethnic foods when he arrived in Canada? :evil: Oh and Hi Canada PIF :party: - best of luck with the new endeavor, it is definitely time that Canada had their own PIF section :)

hmm? whats that? i was busy eating some Poutine Dusty made while i was getting ready to send him the recipe to 99 alarm curry to share with the other mod's :p

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Oh the horror!! The bright lights, the dripping water faucet, the smelly feet, the crying and shouting .. Canada customs and immigration was a nightmare when I first got here. :D

All my cooking is tailored to what my 4 year old can eat these days. I've tamed down a LOT of my recipes, so that she can enjoy ethnic foods too, and she's doing great with them so far. So, I'll take the 99 alarm curry recipe Wolfe, but can't promise I'll try it out any time soon. ;)

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
Question: Did dusty get the orientation against making bribes and cooking smelly ethnic foods when he arrived in Canada?
I like the smelly food, it keeps a lot of idiots away :glare:

I've tamed down a LOT of my recipes, so that she can enjoy ethnic foods too,
Do we have a recipe sharing section, I'd love some of yours Dusty :p

- best of luck with the new endeavor, it is definitely time that Canada had their own PIF section
Totally agree.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I'd love some of yours Dusty :p

I'm a tweaker, so you would be taking a risk. I like to take conventional recipes, and tweak them to my liking, or rather how I think they should be to begin with. ;)

Trivia moment: Did you know that I started writing my first recipe book when I was 11?! It was fun reading it when I was in India last. :)

P.S - No time to do that anymore but every now and again, I hit on something that I think is worth making notes of. The last two were my variations on a Kansas style BBQ Rub and a Turkey Supreme Stuffing. ;)

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Trivia moment: Did you know that I started writing my first recipe book when I was 11?! It was fun reading it when I was in India last. :)

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: call me Mr. Obvious :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: uh i did not mean anything about my 99 alarm crack, i was just trying to be my usual smart-witt self...and that was the only food that came to mind....i had no clue India was your heritage

ahh my mind.....what a wonder waste of brain cells no?

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
I'm a tweaker, so you would be taking a risk. I like to take conventional recipes, and tweak them to my liking, or rather how I think they should be to begin with. ;)

P.S - No time to do that anymore but every now and again, I hit on something that I think is worth making notes of. The last two were my variations on a Kansas style BBQ Rub and a Turkey Supreme Stuffing. ;)

I'm a tweaker too, only way to cook as far as I'm concerned.:drool: The only time I follow a recipe is if it's for baked goods, and I don't bake anymore.

BTY....I'd try one of your recipes as long as it didn't use goat. I'm a Capricorn & that'd be like cannibalize :cry:

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
LOL.. yeah, I like our advertising department so far. I did a small edit on your post btw.. ;)

:facepalm: if i am part of the adverting committee....uh there is a huge issue here :p

You've never been physically in my face either :laugh:

no, cause you would hurts me......i do not like pain you know.....it hurts to bad...

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
:facepalm: if i am part of the adverting committee....uh there is a huge issue here :p

I've heard Wolves like to cover extensive terrain in their wanderings, so you would be perfect to get the word around. Tag, you're it!!

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
I've heard Wolves like to cover extensive terrain in their wanderings, so you would be perfect to get the word around. Tag, you're it!!

we also like to give things we like our own personal "rinse cycle" but if i must do the part....oh say where is your Provari......:p

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
we also like to give things we like our own personal "rinse cycle" but if i must do the part....oh say where is your Provari......:p

My Provari's are safe, and no! they are not going out to play with you!! :p

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
Sorry it took me so long to finally make my way over here and check this out. Great idea.

I think bidslayer has some good points. I can't see the point of getting verified if you just want to give something away. Also postage is expensive, especially when giving, & asking for nothing in return.

This is really my only concern with the idea. It's my opinion that if someone wants something bad enough, and is getting it for free, they can certainly up the shipping costs. There's items I'll gladly pay forward, but if I'm already giving the item, I'm not going to ship it too. I see it this way. If the person who wants it, has to put up the shipping, they're a lot less likely to ask for something they don't need or really want. If they pay for shipping, they're probably going to use the item. Human nature what it is, this would eliminate respondants who might not use it but want it 'cos it's FREE. Sorry to see the dark side, but so it is.... But at the end of the day, I think the decision as to who pays shipping should be solely up to the giver. If the wanter offers to pay it and is serious, the giver can always say "they're obviously serious about wanting this item and will put it to good use, so I'm gonna be really benevolent and ship it gratis." Or, in the case of someone without much extra in their budget, they can do a good deed by giving their item and letting the wanter pick up the costs of getting it there.

Also, I think the giver should be allowed to place some *reasonable* stipulations.... as in, "item must go to newbie starting out" or "this mod must go to vaper without any mods who wants to try them" or "this juice only for someone who hasn't yet tried it, not for folks who already know they love it".... Of course, it relies on the honor system, and I hope people would rise to that.

Just my two cents. I'll be waiting to see what's decided though before I list anything.

Do you guys think we should include pictures with posts?!

Oh yessssss..... not as a requirement perhaps, but definitely a strong suggestion. Always pictures. Always Always pictures lol

LOL.. yeah, I like our advertising department so far. I did a small edit on your post btw.. ;)

When I've had time to get up to speed and have some questions answered, I'd be happy to make mention of this on the show I co-host at CVCN.ca. On my way to check out the actual pif threads now.....

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
When I've had time to get up to speed and have some questions answered, I'd be happy to make mention of this on the show I co-host at CVCN.ca. On my way to check out the actual pif threads now.....

Thank you, Tyger! The PIF is a great idea and has a TON of potential specially within a smaller community such as ours. Any/all publicity that will help get this off the ground would be much appreciated. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread