• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

pif

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Cut down on your smoking to essential cigarettes only to save some money. You want to quit anyways, right? The majority of cigarettes that smokers smoke are not necessary for the physical addiction to nicotine, they're either habit or boredom. Cutting back non-essential cigarettes is actually one of the best ways to quit, especially in the beginning. It's how I quit (only lasted 3 months though). Once you get a kit the expenses are very little, even a kit is only about $30-40. If you smoke a pack a day and smoked half a pack a day instead in just over a week you would have enough for a $40 kit.

Or just cut back on something else: shopping or take out or something you spend money that is non-essential. Save up :)

rummyforlife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Nova Scotia
My boyfriend and I are both doing this, and I did order a cheap kit online that my brother told me to get but it was only going to be for my boyfriend at the time..then I decided that I was going to do it as well so I figured 2 ecigs would start us but then I later found out that since each one only charges about 45 minutes it is going to be impossible for us to share one. Then not having any idea what I was doing because I know nothing about vaping I ordered juice but didn't know you had to ask for nicotine so the one coming is nicotine free so I am just a but frustrated.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
So you already have a kit and juice? That's enough to start. Cut down on your smoking, use one battery each and charge as needed, and vape the nicotine free juice. When you've got enough saved up then you can buy another kit. I don't see why that's a bad situation, you can both vape to cut down on smoking. Cut down the habitual or boredom smokes and vape instead, your body doesn't need nicotine at those times anyways.

So there ya go! :)

1kshooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have to agree with the info you have been given...I smoked for 23 years and I did quit for 10.5 months ...and every day I wanted a smoke and or to scream!.....well I saved a bit of coin and bought a small kit E-goT and the wife and I tried that for a while..then we found out about stardust kits and wow!...gave it a more serious go and found that within a week i was vapeing lots smoking little..went from a pack to a packand a half a day down to 4...then 3...then two cigs...and then it was Friday I had 10 cigs left in mypack and I said....tomorrow is Saturday and I don't have the stress of work I am going to go to my vender and grab another bottle of juice as a reward for smoking so little this week....and 7 days latter I am smoke free and I rewarded myself with a lava tube for at home and onthe to and from work...and got one for my wife as she has matched my quiting ......guess what I am loving my new hobby as is my wife and we are saving money and not missing the cigs at all!....stick to a plan that will cut your current habbit down a bit and save the money and put it towards a good vape system and juice...it's been a fun ride and I will never touch a cig again in my life!....I get a kick out of waving good buy to my 10 cigs in my pack by the door in the morning on my way out!

I love the fact that cigs don't ownme anymore!
Jonathan

Rttch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Edmonton
rummy~

Get the list of juice and mod suppliers (top 2nd and 3rd stickies in the Canada forum here). I saw that you're a pack a day smoker so you really shouldn't have a problem getting a good starter kit (that is not the standard 510 entry level) for yourself and some liquid with nic in it for under $100. The ego + stardust combo is what a lot of people recommend for good battery life and ease of use.

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
I'm hearing here, and asking, "that's the excuse, now what's the reason"? Sounds a bit like you're putting up barriers and not making a commitment. OK I understand, quitting with vaping was easy for me and I just took the plunge without balking too much. That was my experience. However, if you really want to vape instead of smoke, you'll make it happen, regardless of your budget. That's the way I see it, and feel it. Sorry to be so blunt. I'm seeing excuses. I really do hope that you make a decision and stick to it, and I welcome you here with wide open arms, we'll help you no questions asked :). I smoked for a very long time, I'm still smoking as far as I'm concerned, only in a different way. It's much better. Well at least I think so... cheering you on, just make the choice.

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
what kind of a kit did you get?
My boyfriend and I are both doing this, and I did order a cheap kit online that my brother told me to get but it was only going to be for my boyfriend at the time..then I decided that I was going to do it as well so I figured 2 ecigs would start us but then I later found out that since each one only charges about 45 minutes it is going to be impossible for us to share one. Then not having any idea what I was doing because I know nothing about vaping I ordered juice but didn't know you had to ask for nicotine so the one coming is nicotine free so I am just a but frustrated.

rummyforlife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Nova Scotia
There are no excuses here I have made the decision to do this or I wouldn't be here. I was merely saying it is easier right now for me to smoke because I have a charge account which I pay to the store at the end of each month. yes I will start and I will get there just saying it is expensive to start right at this time but regardless we will use the kit I bought until I get another one. again, no excuses here... I created this thread just to find out if there was a pif in Canada because someone told me there was one in the states where people have extras and sometimes give stuff to people to help them start. However I have found out we do not have one so I will continue to play contests and hopefully win and until then I will use what I got until I can get some nicotine juice and a better e cig. thanks everyone for your answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread