• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

PIF-Canada is Live!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Pay It Forward - PIF - Canada

PIF Canada is made up of three main sections:

1) Official PIF-Canada thread
2) Canadian e-cig related Swaps thread
3) Canadian Treasure Chest thread: Give or get freebies

Join in, show your support, post up some stuff. Have at it, folks!!

Thank you for the support from OldSoldier, Classwife and the rest of the Administrative team in getting this organized. :)

Last edited:

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
what is PIF?

As per another forum of what someone else wrote (which i did not)

What is a PIF?

The first, and most common, use of the term PIF is as follows:

1) PIF means “Pay It Forward”. The expression is used to describe the concept of asking that a good turn be repaid by having it done to others instead. So rather than pay something back, you pay it forward to someone else. That person, in turn, pays it forward, and so on. It is a way to keep the act of giving ongoing. In a sentence, PIF can be used as a noun or a verb.

there is a great deal of generosity within the membership. That is one of the many things that make this community great. We feel honored to be among like minded people, and to have a place where we can share ideas and talk about our gentlemanly pursuits. We’ve learned so much from the forum and the community that at times, we feel a need to give back to the community. Also, many of the more experienced members also take great pride and pleasure in helping out new members who are just starting their vaping journey with the wonderful men and women of ECF. We do that through PIFs.

no i was not paid by Dusty to say this

Last edited:

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Thanks for posting that WolfReign. It summarizes the concept well, although, we could replace "wet shaving journey" with "vaping journey" for ECF! ;)

I was so tempted to edit that out and say "wet shaving monkey journey 'cause Dusty said so!" but i have made the change. See? this is why you are op :D you need to catch my faux paus

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Offer it up in the treasure chest .. say you would prefer to deal local, but if somebody really wanted something and was willing to pick up the shipping tab.. make the option available.

I'm open to suggestions on making this work, and shipping is a big factor here, we all know that.

Last edited:

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
Offer it up in the treasure chest .. say you would prefer to deal local, but if somebody really wanted something and was willing to pick up the shipping tab.. make the option available.

Ok I will look into it, I don't really understand what it is all about to be honest so I will have to stare at the words harder :)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Ok I will look into it, I don't really understand what it is all about to be honest so I will have to stare at the words harder :)

3 simple options.

1) PIF.. pay it forward. Example: I have a put together ego passthrough kit ready to go. 2 batteries, driptips, charger cable, button protector etc. Somebody grabs it, and lists up a 5 pack of stardust and some juice. Someone else grabs that, and offers something else, and on and on it goes.

2) Swaps.. I list a Silver Bullet and would like a box mod. Somebody offers me a MVP in exchange. Deal!

3) Treasure Chest.. I've got a bunch of stuff lying around that I will never go back to. Put it in the Treasure Chest. Someone may want it. If they are from out of town, and willing to pay shipping (if you don't want to). Let them take it. ;)

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
3 simple options.

1) PIF.. pay it forward. Example: I have a put together ego passthrough kit ready to go. 2 batteries, driptips, charger cable, button protector etc. Somebody grabs it, and lists up a 5 pack of stardust and some juice. Someone else grabs that, and offers something else, and on and on it goes.

2) Swaps.. I list a Silver Bullet and would like a box mod. Somebody offers me a MVP in exchange. Deal!

3) Treasure Chest.. I've got a bunch of stuff lying around that I will never go back to. Put it in the Treasure Chest. Someone may want it. If they are from out of town, and willing to pay shipping (if you don't want to). Let them take it. ;)

You said you have a Silver Bullet in the Treasure chest? :laugh: how awesomely nice of you.......:evil: ~MINE~

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
3 simple options.

Ok thanks that clears it up! I may be putting a mess of liquid on there I have from reviews, I would never sell it so this would be a great option :)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Ok thanks that clears it up! I may be putting a mess of liquid on there I have from reviews, I would never sell it so this would be a great option :)

There ya go.. between you and our other notable reviewers, we should be able to keep this running forever!! ;)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
We can watch for folks doing that on a semi-regular basis, and stop them from joining the PIF program. We can also play with allowing more than one PIF at a time. That way, there may hopefully be more choices for folks to pick from, and reciprocate by posting something up.

Feel free to throw something out there if you want. ;)

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Anything? Well i have this 16g playbook with other stuff i want to let....oh wait wrong kind of stuff? :laugh:

All joking aside, i am going to roll up my fur here and be very frank (or George or Ralph or Henry)....

You can put me on record as saying that i am very hesitant and reserved over the whole idea....BUT seeing as Dusty has gone and stuck his goose on the line were in the event this goes sour he is the one getting the :censored: not us, so in that sense i will give it a decent shot (much as if someone else i knew did the same).

This being said, a few suggestions i will also toss out there, as i have no idea at what point this would all go (yes it can be moved if the need is felt).

1) I am sure people do not want to post something and then wait, and wait for a response. So how about, like Dusty (i believe) said, when things are posted why not add a deadline for responses? I mean be it a month or a weak having: Deadline for responses would not hurt.

2) Where possible, pictures should be included. More so in the swap area. I am sure the holds true where, where if it has a picture a person will get a (or more) responses then someone who does not. In this day and age where cell phones, tablets, and computers have the camera built in this should not be a issue.

3) Posts should say exactly what City, or town it is coming from. Reason being is that in the (un)likely event there is a n00b who is unvaried that needs/wants something from the PIF then they should have a verified member who can post the item/request on behalf of the n00b's behalf. The catch being the n00b and verified individual need to be in the same city/town and know each other real time. In the event the n00b and the verified individual wish to run a scam, game or use this to get the offering party in trouble, then then Verified individual has their verified (thus classified) rights on the line (leading to termination of both).

4) There should be a team of mediators (any volunteers aside from myself?). In the event of some dispute, the mediation shall be taken off site (through skype, yahoo, google hang out) where dispute can be handled. In the unlikely event that the mediator cannot reach a satisfactory agreement between person offering, and getting person, then the mediator can approach a op (say Dusty as example) with the full dispute, where the op will have the final and dare i say legal decision. Said final decision will be given to the giving and getting parties only. We have something wonderful here, and we need to seriously prove ourselves people, this suggestion should cut down on the drama and chasing someone off the forum just because you thought you were going to get the dancing monkey doing the banana splits with what you thought was a actual provari but instead got a lava tube for free. (gee i am not speaking from experience here) This should be bad mouthing and trying to slander the givers character to others through PM as well.

5) A disclaimer stating that if a interested party gets pm's asking for money, that ECF OR the one who created the whole thread will not be held responsible. Further more all items will be in a as is state and neither the giving individual nor ECF make claim to warranty, and all items gotten are at the sole risk of the getting party. Just as the receiving party takes the risk of the item being sent through the snail mail.

6) On the same token, and with heavy penalties (as determined by the ECF ops) the giver shall not tamper with juice or the battery/device in a attempts to get it to leak, explode or send the person in low earth orbit once it goes (( BOOM )). You don't like the person requesting the item? Easily cured: Pm them and tell them that.

7) I keep hearing how awesome Canada is, how respectful and honor bound the citizens are.....i think we prove this fact. So this whole thing is based on your honor system, exercise it m'kay?

Phew! there i think i am done putting out there what i think.....oh, and in the case where i use n00b it is not meant as a sign of disrespect, i have been around the internet since 1994 and have been on too many BBS, Telenet and what have you so my terms are very old school. A n00b is what you young wiper snappers call a newb now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread