PILOT/M401 USB hookup - I LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prr2freya

ECF Veteran
Becareful if you drip though I fried 2 of them in short order from dripping.

Another reason to be a 401 ...... No need to drip.. I just dip my wick and let it suck itself silly:evil:

Don't use carts either. Not one atomizer dead.... yet.. I will have a funeral when it happens.

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
I lost another 2 attys this past week and a half... No amount of maintenance or cleaning will bring them back...I've tried dripping, not dripping... I am working my way thru my stock pile quickly...I'm beyond frustrated with that situation...901 seems worse then my 401 on attys, but neither do well... I'll try the dipping thing next

Sumratio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2009
Pittsburgh
Another reason to be a 401 ...... No need to drip.. I just dip my wick and let it suck itself silly:evil:

Don't use carts either. Not one atomizer dead.... yet.. I will have a funeral when it happens.

I was thinking about trying to use a small sponge or something in the top of the bottle to dip with ... might work. I have a bad habit of flooding my atomizer and just take it off every once in a while to clean battery connection. I killed my atties with power (unprotected manual passthrough mod) not juice, the juice took out my passthroughs though. Once I get my batteries in from China I am hoping my modified MoonMan's UPAC will fix all my vaping problems.

Sumratio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2009
Pittsburgh
to funny Razor ... I did hack one up just to see how it works. It made me feel kind of bad, it was my first and after 6 weeks I almost named it, lol. I did resurrect my passthrough using canned air. I just popped the cord/led cap off and shot air into it till the led lit up regularly, of course without an atty on it. I may have to keep some canned air near by, probably going to be a constant issue. Puresmoker just needs to give us 401 addicts some love. Their new passthrough design looks gorgeous. Much better then anything I can whip up with spare parts, even though I do get enjoyment out of tinkering with mods.

prr2freya

ECF Veteran
I just got these in the mail... the wall unit does NOT work. don't know about the car one yet... but the wall unit does not heat the atty up at all.. So don't buy these. I bought two and neither work. So I guess I will have to pony up for something proven to work instead of trying to pinch pennies...

I also just ordered two of these:
USB Retractable Hotsync Cable - USB Home Travel Charger - USB 12V Cigarette Lighter Charger

The wall unit is 1000mah... so these will power the passthroughs perfectly.. and only $2.97 for both car and wall. The passthroughs work on my puter, but need a little more power~_*

ShMiGgY

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009

lol, i do that too, better than dripping. I get a nice pool on top of the cart and dip the bridge into it, i love watching it gulp up all that juice... That is a champion of a hit too,,, thing is, the rest after that are just as good!

I'd love to have a P/T for my 401,, I just can't be ordering any more stuff, i just have to stop at some point right?? I have one for my 4081, i'll just have to be content with that... :|

prr2freya

ECF Veteran
Well prr, after hearing of your success w/ Trueman I ordered a few passthroughs for my 401 as well...
Trueman actually sent me an e-mail with a pic of the order and the packing slip right before it shipped out :cool:

Nice touch! I didn't get a pic of my order... now i am jealous! How many passthroughs did you get? They do work fine on the puter but the draw is a bit harder (may also be because it was made from a DSE401 and not the m401? the negative pressure thing instead of the mic?) or it just needs a bit more power, which is what I am in search of. Either way... primer puffs are needed to heat it up, but the vapor is nice and thick!

prr2freya

ECF Veteran
I'd love to have a P/T for my 401,, I just can't be ordering any more stuff, i just have to stop at some point right?? I have one for my 4081, i'll just have to be content with that... :|

Right! You have to stop sometime.. until the next paycheck arrives! This is really going to show how dorky I am... but i LOVE making machinima and I use a lot of diff programs... one is the Sims2.. I don't play the game, I make them my slaves by using hacks to be my little actors. And I texture skins and clothes and walls and crap like that. Anyway.. There are a few more things I want to get next month... but I have been on the pre-order list for the new Sims3 for 5 months... it is FINALLY coming out on June 6th and I was looking forward to having some more little acting slaves... but... I cancelled my pre-order today. Trust me.. this shows how bad I have gotten about getting vaping gear. I gave up that $50 game that would have opened up more movie making potential so I would have the cash for vaping stuff.. ah well.. I'll just keep hacking Sims2 for now...

gotta have priorities.... :lol:

Siobhan

ECF Veteran
Nice touch! I didn't get a pic of my order... now i am jealous! How many passthroughs did you get? They do work fine on the puter but the draw is a bit harder (may also be because it was made from a DSE401 and not the m401? the negative pressure thing instead of the mic?) or it just needs a bit more power, which is what I am in search of. Either way... primer puffs are needed to heat it up, but the vapor is nice and thick!

We got 5. One for me, one for hubby, 2 for friends and one for the car adapter.

Thanx for the tips!

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
We got some M41 passthroughs from China the other day. I am finding that they are a bit temperamental as to which atty they will work with, so it might be worth testing with different attys. I think I am going to have a 'dedicated' passthrough atty. (one major plus: I had a retired atty that was a bit wimpy, and it works on the passthrough pretty well,so it's given it a new lease of life!)

Siobhan

ECF Veteran
Well so far (less than a week) we've had 2 of our passthroughs die completely and another looks as if it's on it's way out. I've written Trueman once, with no response at all, and just fired off another complaint today. We'll see what happens.
So far I am less than pleased.

When they work they're awesome :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread