pin stuck on mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

sat11

Jul 2, 2020
hi everyone i just bought a used pico 75 w i really want to quit smoking ...

but when i want to unscrew the atomizer to change the coil , the small pin stuck on the box
is there any solution ? can i remove it ? its like i must buy a new atomizer cause the positive pin broked ...
pico.jpg

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Upon a close up look at that I'd say it's not fixable at this point. What ever you did to try to fix it has chewed up the metal and the pin and threads. Even if you get that tiny metal ring out, and I'm still not sure what that is, everything else is damaged. If I was going to guess at what happened, with the design of that mod, the tank you had on it was bigger in diameter than the area for it would allow, considering the battery cap located where it is. It would appear that the tank was hard against the battery cap putting undue pressure on the pin. Where is a pic of the battery cover? If that's what happened, it would be scratched up some too. Either way, a new mod is needed.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
hi everyone i just bought a used pico 75 w i really want to quit smoking ...

but when i want to unscrew the atomizer to change the coil , the small pin stuck on the box
is there any solution ? can i remove it ? its like i must buy a new atomizer cause the positive pin broked ... View attachment 894187
Hi and welcome,
Did you buy the pico with a tank attached or was it your tank on the device?
What atomizer/tank was on top?
Did you drop the unit or did it "break" when you tried to unscrew the (previously) damaged tank?
Did you have to use a tool to remove the tank?

Once the threaded portion is removed, the center pin contact should come with or just fall out.

How long have you smoked?
How many per day?
What is the nicotine level of the juice you use?
Where are you located?

Cheers
I

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Never seen that happen before.

It's a bit hard to tell what those parts are. The broken pieces from the tank are either in there loose or they are screwed in. Try to pull it out with tweezers. If that doesn't work try to screw it out if you can get a grip on it with something. The pin will come out with it. The threads on the mod may be damaged but there's no way to tell until you get the broken tank parts removed.

Since you bought it used you have nothing to lose. Probably too small to get any sort of pliers in there. I would probably get a straight screwdriver and jam it in tight between the pin and the outer ring, and try to turn it.

sat11

Jul 2, 2020
Hi and welcome,
Did you buy the pico with a tank attached or was it your tank on the device?
What atomizer/tank was on top?
Did you drop the unit or did it "break" when you tried to unscrew the (previously) damaged tank?
Did you have to use a tool to remove the tank?

Once the threaded portion is removed, the center pin contact should come with or just fall out.

How long have you smoked?
How many per day?
What is the nicotine level of the juice you use?
Where are you located?

Cheers
I
Thanks !
i i bought it like that when i unscrew the atomizer i discover that ther's something wrong ...

i live in tunisia ...

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks !
i i bought it like that when i unscrew the atomizer i discover that ther's something wrong ...

i live in tunisia ...

Did you buy a kit with an atomizer attached to the mod? From a reputable vendor? Online? It obviously shouldn't look this when brand new. I'd try to return it or have it replaced.

Reactions: stols001

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Either the mod has been severely abused or it's counterfeit. The airslots built-in to the 510 should be orientated differently to how they are on this device. The rebates for the screws in the top look as though someone has opened or attempted to open the mod. I can't concieve of how anyone could legitimately put gouges like that in the top plate.
All in all this has been abused to the point of failure or it's not genuine. Either way, i'd start looking for a new mod...

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Looks like someone has sold you faulty junk. Can you return it? I wouldn't recommend buying used stuff if you're not very experienced with mods, there's so much cheap stuff available out there and all brand new- it's not worth going for used stuff, you have no idea what someone's been doing with the mod you buy, whether it was flooded, dropped, water damage... Just not worth the hassle imo unless you see it first and try it or you are experienced and you know exactly what you're looking fr and how to service it if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread