Pizza Dave Reviews - A Kit Review - The Super Cape by Vaptio

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
INTRODUCTION

Hello Everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape reviews. Today I am going to go over the Super Cape by Vaptio. Vaptio has been coming out with several superhero themed mods this year, and here they are again with one that is on that same line. It uses the same chip that was in the Superbat and Capt’n mods released prior but houses them in a different body. Let’s dive down and take a look at it, see how it vapes, and as always, I will give my final thoughts down at the bottom.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Vaptio for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• Super Cape 220w Mod
  • Paragon Sub-ohm tank
  • Spare glass
  • 1 Mesh .2-ohm coil
  • 1 Strip .15-ohm coil
  • USB cable for charging on the go or firmware upgrades
  • Instruction manual
  • Spare parts bag

- Available in black (with design on the side), red/yellow, and red/blue.

PACKAGING
NgEz8px.jpg

OUT OF BOX
KLNRUAe.jpg

STOCK SHOT
cWAmk2X.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

MOD OVERVIEW

Like I said above, this mod is essentially the same mod as the Superbat and the Capt’n that have come before it, with the only difference being the body of the device. We still get the same decent chipset that comes in the previous two devices, but this time it adds a removable magazine style battery tray, wider frame, and some flashy LEDs on the back of the device. The operation, menus, and even the Paragon tank from the Capt’n Paragon kit have made their way back again. The following operation segment is directly pulled from my Capt’n review with a few minor changes.

OPERATION

The screen on this mod is nice and large. It allows the user to see everything he/she needs to for setup. I will do a quick run down of the button combinations and then hit the menu.

BUTTON COMBOS

• - 5 clicks of the fire button to turn the device on and off (startup menu seems like an eternity)
  • - Holding both up and down together locks the device. This also locks firing of the device.
  • - 3 clicks of the fire button will enter the menu

- BELOW IS A RUN DOWN OF THE MAIN MENU

MENU SYSTEM

- Mode

• - Smart mode is basically wattage mode with selectable preheat settings from soft, normal, hard, and auto.
  • - VW mode is wattage mode with no preheats
  • - TC mode is temperature control which works with SS, Ni, Ti, Nicr, and 3 Memory slots
  • - CCW mode is wattage curve mode
  • - CCT mode is temperature curve mode
  • - Bypass mode is direct voltage from the batteries to the coil

- SETTING

• - System setting shows the device info and has a spot for factory reset
  • - Mode setting allows the user to set up the curves for wattage and temperature as well as setting up the temp control memory settings. This would also be where you can fine tune the TCR settings.
  • - Vape time is for setting the maximum vape time
  • - Sleep time is for setting screen off timers and device off timers which start once the device is idle
  • - Puff manager shows how much time the device has been vaped and shows a puff counter
  • - Led settings, for of course setting up how you want to LEDs to perform.
  • - Language is for setting the device to English, French, German, or Russian
  • - Display function – When the screen is idle it goes into a screensaver mode. The screen savers are the Heroes logo and “smooth tech logo. The Heroes logo to me is very cool and I wouldn’t mind seeing that on there, but it cycles between them and I don’t dig that.

- THEME

• - Theme 1 is blue
  • - Theme 2 is red

There you have it, that has been the run down on menu navigation and all the settings that the Super Cape has. This functions the same as the Super Bat and Capt’n before it, so if you liked how that device operated but are a bit more into the style of this device then I would say it would be a hit for you. The menu system is easy to navigate, and everything is spelled out very clearly. Now that it is all set up, let’s see how it vapes!

HOW IT VAPES

Since the chipset on the Super Cape is the same as the previous two models, I am seeing the same type of performance. I have always felt that Vaptio has had some decent chip sets for all types of vaping. This handles wattage modes perfectly and has a very fast ramp up time. Temperature control seems to be very on point, even though that isn’t my expertise. I did some tests with stainless steel wire and the vape in TC is very smooth, and you can feel it taper down as the cotton starts to dry out. It didn’t taper down enough to avoid a burnt it, but it wasn’t that badly burned. There are so many ways to set this up that it can cater to all types of vapors out there. The smart mode is simple for beginners, yet it also has all the settings that many advanced vapors look for. I did, however encounter some oddities with Smart Mode this time around. It would randomly kick out of normal or hard and head back to soft mod. It had a noticeable feel, and I had to hop back in and change it back. It was very random, and I couldn’t pin point anything that I was doing that would change it. Another thing I had happen that has nothing to do with the vape, is the LEDs reset and go to always on after a battery change. I had to enter the battery menu and shut them off or go back to where I wanted them for color and mode after every battery swap.

PARAGON TANK REVIEW

This is the 4th different Vaptio tank I have tried, and it is BY FAR the best one they have produced. Both the mesh and strip coils provide much better flavor and long coil life. I was able to get through roughly 35-40 mls of juice before the flavor started to drop off. I reviewed this tank before and for one reason or another, I liked this tank a lot more back when I tested it on the Capt’n mod. It was ahead of some of the other tanks I tested at the time, but it has been kicked way down the totem pole. The flavor isn’t bad by any means, but it just doesn’t live up to some of the new mesh tanks that have come out this fall. One thing that I never had happen before but witnessed now is a ton of leaking. If I let it sit for a day or two and went to vape it, I would leak liquid down the back of the mod every time. It did this with both coils. I never saw this happen before but saw it on both Paragon tanks I tested recently.

TANK PROS

• 8ml capacity
  • Good flavor
  • Good coil life
  • 810 drip tips

TANK CONS

• I experienced a ton of leaking with both coils.
  • Bit on the noisy side

PHOTO ALBUM

80Kt1ei.jpg

QkIY7Gh.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

So….Vaptio has sent out another rehashed superhero mod for all of us to enjoy. I really liked the Superbat and Wallcrawler mods, but this one falls short for me. It is big, heavy, and had some glitchy things that happened along the way. The removable battery sled is kind of cool, but when it is removed the mod pretty much tips over instantly. I had a real hard time enjoying much about this mod. I think it looks decent, but the size and weight don’t make it fun to carry around. Another gripe is the buttons above the screen again……why does Vaptio keep doing this? How can I adjust anything on the screen when my thumb is blocking it? One of the only shining things I can think of on this mod is the chipset works great, other than some buggy things. I never experienced this with this board before, but like I mentioned earlier, the device would pop back into soft when I was in normal or hard. This was totally random and was noticed immediately by the weak hit it provided. Another thing that was buggy about the board is the LED settings and how they go back to always on (green/red) after every battery swap. I had to go back into the LED screen, and just entering the LED screen and exiting again would change it back to where I had it before my battery swap. It was all very annoying and made it a struggle to even want to use the thing for testing. I think the thing looks kinda cool, but beyond that, this is a solid pass for me. Vaptio, please go back to your roots and come out with a better N1 pro.

PROS

• Looks decent in my opinion
  • Despite the bugs I saw on this one, this chipset has proven to be decent in the past.
  • Battery magazine is kind of fun to play with

CONS

• Too big and heavy, and the carbon fiber wrap is kind of slippery
  • LED modes flopped back to always on after battery swaps
  • Smart mode would go to soft randomly
  • Mod tips over when you are changing batteries
  • Tank had leaking issues

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Vaptio for sending me this device to review. I am not seeing this one online in too many places just yet, but it looks to be way overpriced from Vaptio, at $115.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread