Plantar fasciitis

Status
Not open for further replies.

bijo

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York, NY
Has anyone noticed this happen to them since vaping? You get out of bed and the heel of your foot really hurts, is really stiff .. but after you walk on your feet a bit the pain goes away.
It also happens when you don't move your feet for more than a half hour. Also the knees and calfs might hurt when waking up.

Plantar fasciitis

Overview
Plantar fasciitis is irritation and swelling of the thick tissue on the bottom of the foot.

Symptoms
The most common complaint is pain in the bottom of the heel. It is usually worst in the morning and may improve throughout the day. By the end of the day the pain may be replaced by a dull aching that improves with rest.
Most people complain of increased heel pain after walking for a long period of time.

Dee74

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
Tampa Bay,Fl
Every day at least 5 times stretch the achilles tendon and calve muscles even before you get out of bed if you can. Stand in front of a counter or wall, step back and lean in with one foot forward and push the counter while leaving the foot flat on the floor, hold for 5 seconds repeat each foot several times a day. it will take time but it will go away. Naproxin (Alleve) will help also. Good luck I have had this several times and had orthodics for a long time as I could not get it to go away, but vaping has nothing to do with it.

angry-amy

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
miami
i am an athlete and suffer from this in both my legs. if you are someone who dehydrates easily, this can lead to achilles problems, as can lower magnesium. from what i hear, vaping can cause dehydration too... so increase the fluids, stretch plenty and make sure you are getting enough magnesium.
most likely nothing to do with vaping, but i wouldnt be so quick to pass it off like the others have. your body is your body and everything is connected.

tababomb

Nov 8, 2010
KC
By medical definition, plantar fasciitis has absolutely nothing to do with dehydration. This isn't a muscle cramp which could be caused by a metabolic imbalance. It is simply the over stretching of the connective tissue fascia covering the muscles in the bottom of the foot. The most common cause of this is improper footwear. Wear a shoe that gives some ankle support and has a decent sole on them. If you have a high arch, use the inserts that come with new shoes. The best way to resolve the issue would be to stay off of your feet, but that is an unrealistic solution in today's world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread