Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome @nora barrett

I don't know what sort of flavor your company offers in their cartomizers (the refills) but I can say from years of experience that these products are very poor, extortionately expensive and disproportionately high in running costs compared to a system where you fill from a bottle.

Just how much are we talking? Well, in the UK, prefilled cartomizers can be twenty times as expensive (counting the cost of the liquid) and not even half as good.

These products are now so old and has-been, it's a wonder they are keeping them on sale - but of course, it's all about the money (your money) and what people don't realize it that most of the 'top brands' are not top brands at all. The vape industry is full of fake reviews, fake reviewers, scam review websites and brands who like to create an image about what they sell so they can charge you 300% more than if you bought exactly the same products sold without the 'badge'.

Does it exist in other product markets? I wonder - if a fast food chain or coffee shop sold products that were extremely bad and pretended they were worth paying 300% more - how long would that brand last? ... the answer is they wouldn't even have been able to get started without going bankrupt.

and yet, this is possible in the e-cig world. It's very sad, and people forgive them because quitting smoking and taking up vaping is an emotive subject... people care passionately about it. Unfortunately, these brands care passionately about their bonuses, pensions and yachts in the Bahamas. Don't give them the satisfaction of earning your money.

TLDR. Drop the junk brands. Get a refillable e-cig and not from a brand store.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Nora & welcome
I agree wholeheartedly with what djsvapour has said. There are so much better products on the market and the fact that you've only had two responses so far is indicative of the fact that almost no one here is still using those devices.

I had to go to the V2 website to look them up and noticed they are very careful not to mention what the volume of juice is per cartridge and I can see why. I'd guess at "150 to 200 puffs" on a device like that those cartridges hold 1 to 2 ml of juice max which makes the cost approximately $1 to $2 per ml. I mix my own juices, DIY, so am at the other end of the spectrum with a max cost of about $0.40 per ml. Take your choice.

I also had a look at their reviews and in the first page I would guess that every one of them is as fake as fake can be. I didn't go any farther.

Reactions: djsvapour

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi Nora, welcome.

I will agree with everyone here that you are so much better off switching to different vape equipment and having something durable, inexpensive (comparitavely) and easier to handle, once you get over the initial hump.

Even IF big tobacco wasn't making junk, I'd be unlikely to support their efforts, given that they're designed to fail. (IMO only.) I think BT makes overly expensive, unreliable products so that people will give up on vaping and switch back to smoking, I'm glad you found this site.

If you enjoy a tight draw and MTL smoking (which is usually what you'll get with cigalikes (I'd suggest the Nautilus 2 with medium airflow, and 1.8 coils, though I did put in the 0.7 coil yesterday in disgust when a subpar coil I had started leaking badly. I only increased my watts to 15, and was pleasantly surprised at how well it vapes, with 100% VG juice, (allergic to PG), it vapes MUCH more smoothly.

But, that's the nice thing about your own equipment. Once you find something you like, you won't worry about a dud coil, leaking (as you can buy your own e-juice or even make it) and it will be less expensive to play around with things...

I'd say read up on some of the pinned threads, that have a lot of information, and get recommendations for starter batteries. Given what you were using, you may want to start with a single battery that you charge via USB, though I'm quite happy with my IPV-5, though it's larger and ugly as sin (LOL, some of my vape equipment was a gift).

Good luck and happy vaping! It's just a guess, but I'm thinking Brother Bob will see this and post some links for you, he is kind enough to do that for most questions, but you can get started yourself, and if you have access to a vape shop it can be nice to look at/handle if there's a demo model, and actually *see* your options, and find something you like (even if you don't purchase from them but buy online if it's less expensive).

Good luck and Happy Vaping!

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
i have just bought my usual batch of v2 red cartridges and they taste awful not at all the way they used to. i don't notice any tobacco flavour, just a plastic taste. what am i to do? or could someone suggest a similar alternative , in a different brand maybe.
Welcome and glad you joined.
I vaped cartridges way back when I first started. For convenience, cartridges are a good choice.
Sounds like V2 has changed it's manufacturing of cartridges or has altered your favorite e-liquid. I would call/email and explain your concerns and ask them if they have made any changes.
There are other suppliers such as:
Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette
STARTER KITS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread