Status
Not open for further replies.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
Here's another cool thing to do with your old pens that you're gonna chuck .. many disposable giveaway pens have nice padded finger-holds. They slip right off the old pen and come in a variety of ID's and lengths and colors.

This is an example of a "dressed up" 801 carto .. looks pretty cool I think :confused:

GeekyGirl36

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
USA
I like that one a lot; I have been looking for a softer drip tip. Something that I has a softer feel on my lips like the little black ones I bought for my CE2's, but a bit longer like my clear plastic ones that gives better vapor (in my opinion) and that looks like a perfect combination that I can even color coordinate my various atty ohms! :D Ohh . . . it is PERFECT!!! :hubba:

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
I like that one a lot; I have been looking for a softer drip tip. Something that I has a softer feel on my lips like the little black ones I bought for my CE2's, but a bit longer like my clear plastic ones that gives better vapor (in my opinion) and that looks like a perfect combination that I can even color coordinate my various atty ohms! :D Ohh . . . it is PERFECT!!! :hubba:

Yah, neat, grab all the free pens you can lamb onto, never know what you can use :)

The tip is really squishy, you'll love it

ALSO.............

Here's my "on the go" 5v mod with my padded carrying pouch. Pouch has a belt hook on the back to clip to your belt or purse strap, carry it just like a cell phone. Dollar Tree item, guess how much it cost ... take your mods into the $$ store and see what sizes they have .. just another little tip

My 5v with carrying pouch

See the tip of the carto just barely showing?

Last edited:

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Not only are they cooler to the touch, they insulate inside the atty. It seems to me like some of the vapor condenses in the atty on the cool wall and then drains back down into the atty. Eventually ending up with a wet tastless atty that needs blown out to come back to life. Have you noticed this before and does the insulation seem to help it?

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Dear Unloaded ..

I used the term "atty" generically, in truth I am dressing up my 801 cartos, which have the heater element surrounded by stuffing materials. The result, in my case, is a carto that has a soft feel and stays cool to the touch. I imagine that using the same type of a cover on an atty would concentrate the heat by insulating the tube. The result may be a better-working atty or it may overheat the atty by not allowing the heat to dissipate .. not really sure what would happen.

Try it and see, but I am not responsible if it doesn't do the job with an exposed atty. Just don't know ???

Last edited:

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Not only are they cooler to the touch, they insulate inside the atty. It seems to me like some of the vapor condenses in the atty on the cool wall and then drains back down into the atty. Eventually ending up with a wet tastless atty that needs blown out to come back to life. Have you noticed this before and does the insulation seem to help it?

I must have been vaping too much when I posted that pic which I said was a 510 atty .. it is in fact a recessed 801 carto with the whistle-tip removed and replaced with the rubber tip.I use it with my VV boxmod (in the pic above). I drip about 10-12 drops into the wide-mouth opening from time to time, which re-saturates my stuffing material. This keeps it moist and vaping properly.

I, personally, have yet to catch the "drip bug" .. though I think this concept would work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread