The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Please allow me to introduce myself

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Zazie, Nov 2, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zazie

Zazie Full Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    . . . And with the title of this thread, I date myself appropriately. I'm a sixty-one-year-old woman with a long, fraught relationship with cigarettes. I started smoking when I was very young, spent a couple of decades as a two-pack-a-day smoker, then quit for eleven years, and then--oh so stupidly--started up again. About ten years ago, I mostly quit again, smoking two to four packs a week and sometimes going for months without a cigarette. Earlier this year, I decided to give vaping a try. Turned out that I like it fine and haven't had a cigarette since I began. I've been using a Halo G6 since April and am now ready to switch to a mod. My style is MTL, and I'm leaning toward the Innokin Zenith tank (I considered the Aspire Nautilus 2 but having to empty the tank to change the coil put me off it). Now I just have to decide which mod to get. I have a lot of research ahead of me.

tl;dr Hello. Happy to be here.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. Bradder

Bradder Am I Chip or am I Dale? Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 12, 2011
    North Carolina, USA
    Welcome to ECF. We are happy you are here as well. You will find this a great place to do research, find answers and get questions answered. Read, engage, and, most importantly, have fun.

3. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Howdy and welcome :)
    The good news is with a mtl tank like the zenith you have low enough power requirements that you can use basically any 510 mod you feel like. This leads to some follow up questions:

-How much do you want to spend?
    -Do you want to use replaceable batteries and a charger(recommended)? Or do you want a plug in LiPo mod?
    -Do you want to be able to use TC either now or in the future? (Not sure if the zenith has SS coils or not)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    I'm 45, and I read your thread title in Mick Jagger's voice lol. Welcome to your new internet home. Lots of valuable info to be had here. Vape on!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Foggy Road

Foggy Road Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Wow, had to look up that G6 to see what it was. Coming from the G6 to full blown MOD might be quite a change for you?

Have you heard of the latest craze in vaping 'PodMods'? Might be just right for you.

Take a look at these 2. Both have long lasting, inexpensive and widely available replaceable coils and refillable tanks (Pods). Button activated not draw activated.
    Both can be found at much better price than the manufacturer site my links lead to.

Aspire Nautilus AIO Kit - Aspire® Official Site

Aspire Spryte AIO Kit - Aspire® Official Site

There are a gazillion others out there but these two with adjustable airflow may be a good bet for getting the draw your accustomed to?

Edit: whoops, just now saw your replaceable battery requirement.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zazie

Zazie Full Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Thanks, Bradder!
    1. I'd like to spend as little as possible to get exactly what I want. Ha.

2. I definitely want replaceable batteries and a charger. The idea of tossing a mod because the battery died makes me shiver.

3. I don't know much about TC vaping, though it seems to have some nice advantages. But if the tanks best for MTL vaping use coils that aren't compatible with it, I have a feeling I'll survive without it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Zazie

Zazie Full Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Hi, Dougiestyle. "Sympathy for the Devil" was one of my favorite songs when I was fifteen. The Velvet Underground's "......" beat it by a mile, though, and, come of think of it, "And I guess that I just don't know" would have worked quite well as this thread's title.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Would you prefer a smaller single battery or a dual battery?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. EricMorr

EricMorr Senior Member

Jul 2, 2018
    Pitman, NJ
    Zazie, Welcome to ECF! Now I'm singing the song in my head! LOL Plenty of awesome, helpful people on this forum.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zazie

Zazie Full Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Probably a single battery. I'm housebound, so I can charge at will, and the single-battery mods seem to be cheaper. Plus I don't need masses of power.

And welcoming, too! I am pleased to be here.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Foggy Road

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    I've really come to the conclusion that this is a myth perpetuated around here. You're probably 90% more likely to have a mod die from droppage than battery death. I have a 4-5 year old internal batt mod that still works like new. The real weak spot is USB charging connector. Easily avoided thru use off magnetic USB connectors.

• Like Like x 2
  12. VapourFlavour

VapourFlavour Super Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Ontario, Canada
  13. Zazie

Zazie Full Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    One of the reasons I'm thinking of making the leap to a mod is that I'm really tired of the wimpiness of the G6. I often feel frustrated when trying to get a decent lungful. And I like the idea of having something that will last a good long time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. VapourFlavour

VapourFlavour Super Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Ontario, Canada
    Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my VAPE game

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Zazie

Zazie Full Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Now that's interesting and opens things up quite a bit. I don't go out much, so I'm always near an outlet, so with the right charger I'd be set.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jdy

jdy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

upload_2018-11-2_12-7-49.png
    Ditto ME Too!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Pico 25, 80w, sturdy and reliable, single 18650
    Sinuous P80, easy to navigate single 18650
    SX mini SL, high end, the menu has a novice option, single 18650/20700/21700
    Squid Detonator, Well received mid price single 21700
    Vaporesso Armour pro,well received single 18650/20700/21700

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    PS: Welcome to ECF!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Foggy Road

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    :) The newest pods are far from wimpy. My personal fave is the Renova Zero which was quite the little cloud chucker until I figured out a way to tame it down to my MTL vape style. The modification I had to do to it is the reason I didn't mention it.

20. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    So what do you want then?