Please allow me to introduce myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    The Kroma A is a fine kit.... I have not personally used it but have seen quite a few reviews..... All vape devices have certain flaws and negatives about them. About the only negative that I can see about the Kroma is that the viewing screen is not all that bright and may be hard to see in direct sunlight.... But 75 watts is plenty of power if you are looking to produce loads of vapor..... The mod has an awesome form fit and it is also temperature controlled and supports the use of Nickle, Titanium, and stainless steel coils..... For the price you can't beat the features..... If I owned the kit, I would buy an additional (smaller) drip tip for it as the one that comes with the tank is fairly large. Looks like an awesome product to me. If you haven't yet viewed any videos about the product you can do so by typing it in to a search engine and watching you tube video reviews.

EDIT: vaping is very personal and subjective ..... Some folks love loads of vapor while other folks don't. Some folks like intense burning throat hits while others do not.... The G6 is just a small e-cig pen and it is easy to see why you have outgrown it..... The Kroma is a full blown vape mod with LOTS more power than the G6... Plus, the Kroma comes with a tank that will hold 4ML of ejuice, which is a lot compared to a small pen device... You will however, have to purchase replacement coils for the tank and you will have to purchases bottles of ejuice (or make your own) .... I wouldn't mind owning the Kroma-A myself ;)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Foggy Road

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Well, after spending all day on this, I'm exhausted. I'm also hating this G6, so I think I'm going to go ahead and buy the Kroma A kit, even though it's not exactly what I want. It'll serve for a while--or longer--and if I hate it I can always get a different mod (one with replaceable batteries). To tell the truth, money is a factor here. A tank, a mod, batteries, and a charger are going to cost me more than twice the price of this kit.

Thanks to all of you!
    One issue with the kroma a kits is there are several versions and not all of them come with the zenith tank and that is 90% of the reason to buy one. Make sure the kit you get has a zenith tank

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Luckily, @AXIOM_1, I already have a supply of juice, and I can't tell how much I look forward to not having to refill as often. I also look forward to being able to vape higher VG juice. I already know I prefer it (PG dries out my mouth and throat something awful), but the minitanks I can use with the G6 won't accommodate anything thicker than a 50-50 blend (which I've been mixing myself). Well, they will, but they get very grumpy about it very quickly, I've found.

I am curious to see which coil I prefer and how long they last. In the meantime, I will continue my quest for a cheap supplier of them, preferably with free shipping.

Thanks, @bombastinator. I noticed that some of the Kroma-A kits came with a different tank and was careful to choose one that came with the Zenith. Unfortunately, I was forced to buy it at a slightly higher price because the site with a better one wouldn't believe that I'm old enough to enjoy nicotine. Irksome.

Reactions: AXIOM_1

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Sounds good! Yep, you will enjoy the higher VG juices as they are smoother, thicker smoke (vapor lol) than the high PG juices and I am just itching to see how you like that new mod..... Because it is a fully adjustable mod, it will take you awhile to get the settings fine-tuned to where you like them. But once you get that mod dialed in then it is not hard for me to see that you will more than likely be quite satisfied with it. Because of the fact that those coils have LARGE fluid intake holes in them then you will be able to burn any type of ejuice in them no matter how thick the juice is or how high the VG. I have seen a LOT of positive reviews on that mod.... Like I said b4, there is no perfect mod as all of them have a couple of minor things to grumble about. But as far as mods are concerned, I think it's an awesome mod (especially for the price). You will have to let me know how you like it after you have played with it for a bit.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Foggy Road

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I know what you mean about wanting to "simplify" the vaping experience..... Many people are not mechanically, electrically, or technically educated. As such, they do not want to mess with making coils, fiddling with batteries or any of the other activities that can come with vaping. They just want to put juice in a device and vape..... Even some folks who do know how to do all of those things often get tired of it and start using simple hassle free devices.
    I learned to build my own coils a few years ago. For a period of time that's all that I vaped on.

However, I became a lazy vaper. I hated that I had to change my cotton/Rayon every 3 - 4 days (might as well dry burn the coil to clean it while I'm at it.). I found a great clearomizer tank which takes drop in coils which last me a month. No maintanance required except filling the tank once or twice a day. No drop off in flavor or vapor performance from the homemade coils. I'm good.

Kroma user here and glad I bought 2. Second one is boxed for the day they're gone and number 1 gives out.
    You do realize that batteries begin to degrade from the time they are created, whether they are used or not? Your original Kroma battery may stop holding a full charge in a couple of years use, and when you go to your backup it will still be the same age as the original and not hold a full charge. That's why batteries that have been sitting on a shelf in a warehouse for a year or two do not perform well.

Might as well use both simultaneously and rotate them on a daily basis like you would external batteries.

Last edited:

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    I had a Pico for 3 years. Gave it to my MIL and she is still using it. I would go for the 25 because 22mm tanks, which is what fits the original pico, are getting harder to come by. Great little mods for a great price I had a Pioneer4You ipvd2 which was a great little mod. I don't know about their newer stuff though.
    As far as internal battery devices, I think Innokin is your best bet. I stil lhave an itazte vv from when I first started vaping. I think I got it in 2013.

• Agree
    Reactions: Skwij

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I can't wait to get started.
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Since vaping is totally scalable, the choice you have can be overwhelming. The main thing to remember is, part of vaping is all about you the vaper, being in control and the freedom to fix/tailor any aspect of vaping you feel you need to improve upon.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I have another question: I've read here and there that I would be wise to drop the nicotine level of my juice when I start using my new device. It makes sense to me--a more efficient coil and a more powerful device would presumably get more out of the juice--and I know I can just wait for my Kroma and find out for myself if 12mg/ml is too much, but I'd like to hear what you guys think about this.

Reactions: AXIOM_1

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    It is indeed overwhelming, BrotherBob, and I'm hampered by living in the boondocks and so having to rely on the internet. I would love to be able to go to a vape shop, but that's not in the cards. It's one of the reasons I am sticking with Halo juice for now: I've found some flavors I like and I know my orders will reach me in a couple of days.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Welcome to ECF. Re cutting nic, you can take some from your 12mg and cut it a little to see how you do with it. I recommend reducing by small amounts until you find what works best for you.

I have ton of mods and just bought a Kroma A. I love the Zenith tanks. Be sure to check out the thread about the Zeniths for some good info especially about the Plexus coils which can be a bit difficult at first.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I have another question: I've read here and there that I would be wise to drop the nicotine level of my juice when I start using my new device. It makes sense to me--a more efficient coil and a more powerful device would presumably get more out of the juice--and I know I can just wait for my Kroma and find out for myself if 12mg/ml is too much, but I'd like to hear what you guys think about this.
    I'd stick with the 12mg for the time being. If you find it is too strong, you can always drop the nic later.

Many beginners believe they need to progressively drop their nic level. That's cool idea, but don't do it too quickly. Get off and stay off of the smokes FIRST, they gradually drop your nic over time.

It took me 6 years to go from 18mg to 6 mg. However, I wasn't focused to drop my nic quickly. It just happened naturally over time.

Last edited:

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I'm in a kind of anomalous position, in that I had been smoking so sporadically for so many years that I was more of a dabbler than a committed smoker. The result is that when I began vaping I wasn't really coming off cigarettes but creating an entirely new habit. I started it less to keep me off cigarettes than to reintroduce nicotine into my life, since I had read a number of articles saying it might be helpful in warding off some of the damage caused by multiple sclerosis. I had also given up coffee and missed having a stimulant in my life.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    It is indeed overwhelming, BrotherBob, and I'm hampered by living in the boondocks and so having to rely on the internet. I would love to be able to go to a vape shop, but that's not in the cards. It's one of the reasons I am sticking with Halo juice for now: I've found some flavors I like and I know my orders will reach me in a couple of days.
    If you had a vape shop nearby, you'd most likely be honking on a triple battery SMOK right now. You're fortunate to have come here first. And we're all so happy you did!

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Probably not, Foggy Road. I'm a compulsive researcher (e.g., by the time I registered here, I'd already watched a ton of videos and read a ton of articles), so by the time I worked up the gumption to step through the shop doors, I'd be armed with a lot of bits and pieces of information that would help me resist their wily salesmanship.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread