Please critique this setup before i purchase it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
My history.... 3 weeks ago bought white cloud... Gross... Bought south beach smoke... Grosser.... Bought halo g6 awesome but something missing... Bought triton... Hells yeah... But still feel someithing missing...

please keep in mind thats a lot of money in a short time for me.

Now im looking at the vision spinner, 1300 mah

cant really afford the protank2 yet maybe next month or two...

Looking to get 3 evod clearomizer
and 2 vision clearomizers...

i have 4 juices that im using is why 4. And being i dont really know the difference between the clearomizers im chosing figured split it up.
Also getting an ego lanyard as i hear dropping a viaion spinner leavds devastating results.

so before i spend this $73 im hoping to get some feed back
as i also need to stock up on my halo menthols now that ive worked thru my sample pack as well.
Also open to juice suggestions that are comparable in quality as the menthol ice, mystic, and cool mist halo flavors.

Thanks in advance for your humble opinions ;)

ps does altamoke have any discount codes out there that you know of?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I use Spinners. They are great.

I no longer use evods and find the mini protank an improvement on all counts.

With regard to Vision clearomisers, the V3 is now very old and (certainly in the UK) not universally liked. Mini Novas are quite good.
I had 4 or 5 Kanger T3s and every one of them leaked. The T3S is much better.

If you like Halo liquids (many do) stick with them.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
My history.... 3 weeks ago bought white cloud... Gross... Bought south beach smoke... Grosser.... Bought halo g6 awesome but something missing... Bought triton... Hells yeah... But still feel someithing missing...

please keep in mind thats a lot of money in a short time for me.

Now im looking at the vision spinner, 1300 mah

cant really afford the protank2 yet maybe next month or two...

Looking to get 3 evod clearomizer
and 2 vision clearomizers...

i have 4 juices that im using is why 4. And being i dont really know the difference between the clearomizers im chosing figured split it up.
Also getting an ego lanyard as i hear dropping a viaion spinner leavds devastating results.

so before i spend this $73 im hoping to get some feed back
as i also need to stock up on my halo menthols now that ive worked thru my sample pack as well.
Also open to juice suggestions that are comparable in quality as the menthol ice, mystic, and cool mist halo flavors.

Thanks in advance for your humble opinions ;)

ps does altamoke have any discount codes out there that you know of?

#1 Get verified, so you can buy and sell in the classifieds here, get some $$ back
#2 REad my blog for all the swaps and PIFs you can trade stuff in

#3: You have to have TWO batteries. Get 2 vision spinners and 2 evods w/a pack of extra replacement coils in 1.8ohm
These clearos you can replace the coils by just screwing in the replacement coils, so you don't have to buy a whole 'nother Evod Clearo.

The vision rebuildables are the same, so you might want to get 2 of those and a few replacement coils too.

I think Altsmoke is ECF5

Great company.

But they appear to be out of evod replacement coils right now. They do have the vision ones:Vision Clearomizer - Replacement Head - AltSmoke
and the visions body
Vision Clearomizer - AltSmoke - AltSmoke

The visions are top coil and the evods are bottom coil, so it WOULD be nice to try at least one of each to see which you like better. :)

Mountain OaKS VAPOR has really nice menthols IMHO

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Yes, that's a bit of hardware to collect in 3 weeks. I began similarly, so no judgements here ;-)
With $70-ish to spend, I'd spend it on the Halo menthol flavors you like, and maybe some clearos, rather than more new setups. I'd add some colored Halo tanks (personally, I think the mini G6s ROCK, and they with with Triton and cost less) if needed.

As far as upgrading, figure out what's lacking with your current stuff. You want longer battery life? Is VV the goal? Or what? There will always be a nifty new setup to chase, and if you haven't decided why you need something new, you'll never stop buying long enough to vape!

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
#1 Get verified, so you can buy and sell in the classifieds here, get some $$ back
#2 REad my blog for all the swaps and PIFs you can trade stuff in

#3: You have to have TWO batteries. Get 2 vision spinners and 2 evods w/a pack of extra replacement coils in 1.8ohm
These clearos you can replace the coils by just screwing in the replacement coils, so you don't have to buy a whole 'nother Evod Clearo.

The vision rebuildables are the same, so you might want to get 2 of those and a few replacement coils too.

I think Altsmoke is ECF5

Great company.

But they appear to be out of evod replacement coils right now. They do have the vision ones:Vision Clearomizer - Replacement Head - AltSmoke
and the visions body
Vision Clearomizer - AltSmoke - AltSmoke

The visions are top coil and the evods are bottom coil, so it WOULD be nice to try at least one of each to see which you like better. :)

Mountain OaKS VAPOR has really nice menthols IMHO

Yes, that's a bit of hardware to collect in 3 weeks. I began similarly, so no judgements here ;-)
With $70-ish to spend, I'd spend it on the Halo menthol flavors you like, and maybe some clearos, rather than more new setups. I'd add some colored Halo tanks (personally, I think the mini G6s ROCK, and they with with Triton and cost less) if needed.

As far as upgrading, figure out what's lacking with your current stuff. You want longer battery life? Is VV the goal? Or what? There will always be a nifty new setup to chase, and if you haven't decided why you need something new, you'll never stop buying long enough to vape!

Im really wanting one battery to last all day and i feel i dislike most of halos flavors so maybe the vv will help me with flavor. Throat hit and warmth. I really really want a 1300 if im going to spend any more money on a battery, use my triton set up as backup. The goal is to use two tritons for backups, one vv now, another vv in a month or two. Today is my first 24 hours ananlog free in over 1o years and that was do to a snow storm in virginia beach go figure lol. So i guess im excited to get me a setup that is satisfying enough. In the past week i have had my triton in left hand and newport cig in right hand alternating hahahaha.

I am not expecting my next set up to be a life long commitment so to speak. But i am so dumb to this still. You know like many, in the beginning i wanted it to taste like my cigarettes, feel like my cigarettes... And now i want a decent vaping experience unrelated to tobacco, but flavor and throat hit.

I think hahaha

Being that you admittedly aren't sure of what you're purchasing - why not just get one of each?
Given that so much of vaping is to taste, and there are seemingly millions of options and combinations and variables, I think the best way is to try lots of things and see what works for you. It would be a lot easier to live with disliking a cartomizer if you only bought one and are 6 or 7 bucks into it than if you have 3 and are likewise $20-$30 in the hole.
If you're like me there are no brick and mortar's nearby, and so the excitement bulks up online orders quickly.. (plus, you know, that free shipping is only another $30 away..
Aside from that I agree with what Racehorse said regarding getting more coils than tanks, a little bit of foresight can lead to a pretty versatile set up.
PM me about halo menthols if you don't mind, I'd like to hear your opinion as the perfect menthol has alluded me, but I know it's out there!

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Im really wanting one battery to last all day and i feel i dislike most of halos flavors so maybe the vv will help me with flavor. Throat hit and warmth. I really really want a 1300 if im going to spend any more money on a battery, use my triton set up as backup. The goal is to use two tritons for backups, one vv now, another vv in a month or two. Today is my first 24 hours ananlog free in over 1o years and that was do to a snow storm in virginia beach go figure lol. So i guess im excited to get me a setup that is satisfying enough. In the past week i have had my triton in left hand and newport cig in right hand alternating hahahaha.

I am not expecting my next set up to be a life long commitment so to speak. But i am so dumb to this still. You know like many, in the beginning i wanted it to taste like my cigarettes, feel like my cigarettes... And now i want a decent vaping experience unrelated to tobacco, but flavor and throat hit.

I think hahaha

For throat hit and warmth, nothing I have used matches a Triton VV with a Triton tank- when it comes to clearos. I have 8 ProTank 2s, 2 Tatroe tanks and a couple of ProVaris. When I want a cool, mellow and slightly more flavorful vape, I use the PT2s' or Tatroe tanks; when I want the raw, warm throat hit, I use the Tritons. Bottom coil clearos just don't have the warmth and throat hit of top coils- at least for me. The Vision clearo will probably get you a similar vape to a Triton tank.

kylemd

Mar 17, 2013
Sydney, Australia
To chime in with my $0.02, best thing you could get is a pack of EVODs and a Joyetech Spinner.

However, a lot of people find that the EVODs have a very tight draw, so might be worth looking at Mini Vapeonly BCCs.

Another alternative you could grab a Boge F17 tank and a few slotted/punched cartomizers. They require a bit more love an attention but they give you an awesome vape.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I would stick with the triton for a while. But if you're looking to purchase a spinner, get the mini protank II for it. It's a bit cheaper than the protank.

Not into menthol liquids so not going to make any recommendations. It's all trial and error of what you like. Try ordering from different places but in small quantities.

Good idea going with the protank vs protank2, but id rather wait a month or two and be able to get a couple atleast one for each juice im using. As i like to alternate throughout the day and really right now i cant afford it.

But thank you i will keep this in mind when i am able to move up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread