Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
I am looking for a good price on one of these kits. I also need to know what to order with this. Are there specific cartomizers that need to be ordered with this. can you fill the cartomizers yourself, or do you need to buy them prefilled. This is going to be a gift for a friend, and I use an ego, so I dont have a clue, I just know the KR8 will be the right fit for a friend.

Thanks

venkman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
you can buy them blank and fill them yourself. i'd recommend this, as the cartos are good for more than one fill, and with the exception of vapor4life, i haven't heard of many tasty pre-filled cartos. order any blank 808 cartos, and some juice with you're kit. make sure you're getting 2 batteries and a PCC, as the battery life of the 808 is waaay less than the ego you are used to.

i think they kr808 is a great way to start. it got me off of cigarettes. i don't use it anymore (passed it on to a friend), but last i recall, vaporcountry.com had good prices on 808 stuff.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
I agree,but I would go for a box of each filled and blanks.V4L has alot of 5ml juices so you can get a few different flavors.They also have sampler packs of prefilled that are a very cool thing for new vapers.They dont get stuck with a box of something they dont like.Batteries I would go with 2 reg size and a pcc or 2 xlong manuals.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Vapor4Life.com if you want cool colors and good prefilled cartos - their Vapor King is KR8 - I got mine there. I recommend the standard battery - if you want longer life get the xl but it's pretty long. Their shorty batteries have the shortest charge life - may 2-3 hours or less if you vape constantly. I recommend their Coolcarts over their WOW carts (the names they call the blanks). However, I am pretty sure some of their WOW filled cartos are Coolcarts and some the hotter other cartos. I got their WOW tobacco sampler and the WOW 555 to me seemed to be a Coolcart and one other seemed to be the hotter carto. And buy some juice to start because you will want to refill cartos. I recommend you buy manual batteries. You will get used to the button so fast - it lets you control your drag better and I also use manuals becaus emany auto batteries can turn on accidentally from wind or vibration (anything that moves its drag sensor).

Litecigusa.net has a good price if you just don't care much about color and for the empty cartos get their Premium KR808D-1 Cartomizers

And some extra stuff you can do with KR8...

For flexibility, at Litecigusa.net I bought myself a standard (not LR) 901 atomizer, 901 cartridges, and a 901 aluminum drip tip (don't use a drip tip on auto KR8 batteries because they have a hole in the end) so I can use my KR8 battery also with this atty (no adapter needed) with carts or a drip tip. The 901 atty gives an airy flavorful hit - soft and vapory. I like to set one battery up that way in the evening and vape fruity or desserty juices, and I have tobacco juice in my other PV.

Last edited:

venkman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
You might also want to consider an 808 usb pasthrough. They are fairly inexpensive, and they let you save your battery power from when you are not near a computer or other usb power source. You can even get a car adapter, so you can use the PT while driving.

Besides decreasing the amount of charging you'll have to do, the 808 PTs run at 5v. It provides a really nice, warm, thicker vape. Just remember the PT will dry the cartos more quickly, since its a higher voltage. And be careful...i think getting spoiled by my 5v PT had a lot to do with me needing to step it up beyond the 3.7v 808 to something i could use LR attys with. Once you start getting accustomed to higher voltage vaping or low-res vaping, its hard to go back.

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
V4L does have prefilled cartos, and I have gotten several of them in different flavors. Also they are easy to refill and so you buy some juice and get some bang for your buck. To refill V4L, just put some drops in the mouth end cap and lower the carto into it until it soaks it up. Make sure to wipe off both ends of the carto. Good luck!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
A PT should not be run off a computer's USB nor a battery charger's ac adapter. PT's generally need 1 amp of power. Some poeple have blown out computer USB ports running a PT off them.

I use these with my battery to USB cables and my PT - it can charge 4 normal ecig batteries at once or run a PT while charging 2 (because it has 2amp max power so each battery need 1/2 amp and a PT needs 1 amp).
Newegg.com - Rosewill 2 Amp 4 Port USB Wall Charger RUC-6180 for iPhone/iPod/iPad/MP3

At Vapor4Life, I think the WOW Tobacco Sampler has a mix of Coolcarts and the hotter ones. For blank cartos they sell Coolcarts or WOW carts (WOW is the hotter kind).

venkman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
For every person that has blown a USB port with their PT, there are dozens that haven't. Same can be said of a wall adapter. Many USB ports and wall adapters do indeed provide 1 amp of power, and generally those that don't will only underpower the passthrough, as opposed to blowing it.
Sure, if you're computer only has one USB port, maybe you shouldn't risk it. But the majority of PT users seem to use them on their computers with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread