Please help, need to answer my mother's question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pissy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Somewhere
Hi, posted this in another place but didn't get much response. I was hoping for something she would understand other than "it's just not a good idea to leave plugged in", she uses a wall adaptor.

I converted my 75 year old mother to pv and she has cut her smoking down by 2/3, hooray for her. I now have her direct dripping with drip tips on an Ego PT. She asked me today if the batteries can overcharge, leaving it plugged in too long. I told her that I believe there to be circuitry installed in them to cut off voltage when they reach a full charge. Am I correct?

TIA,
Pam

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
You are correct, Pam! The battery technology today includes a cut-off that doesn't allow batteries to overcharge. My fiance and I often let our batteries charge overnight while we're sleeping. We did an experiment where we let one of our eGo batteries sit on the charger for an entire day, then I measured the voltage with a multimeter to see if it overcharged and it didn't. The voltage was 3.5, which is normal for that type of battery. I also did this with one of my 3.7V batteries and also got a normal result after charging overnight.

You don't need to babysit the batteries when they're charging or take them off immediately after the light shows they're charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread