PLEASE HELP SALVAGE MY VAPING EXPERIENCE!!! (thank you!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote.au

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2013
Victoria Australia
Well then getting down to it .
I have at least one of everything.
And what is happening today as for the last week or so

Daily use on the desk while I work is a Vamo with a Protank atop/ turkish with a bit of menthol, next to that is a itaste with a kanger on top/ with a nice coffee i made,
and around my neck is a lanyard pouch with 650 ma bat with a multi rope replaceable innards 2ml with another pipe tobacco
flavoring a bit of this and that in case i run out the door.

I find it handy and the roped atomizers give a less airy stronger vape for the little battery and is just down right handy where ever I go and need to top up my nic dose because I am an addict, but it doesn't mean that I have to give away my money and health to manage it to some multi national company that is trying to murder me slowly with their product.

For driving around I use the Itaste with the flavor of the day as I can always keep it charged in the car.

The greatest bug bear in all of this is power probably need to get some solar powered apparel 5 v ain't hard to generate.

All the above at 18 Mg

For me variety is all part of the experience unlike smoking one brand of logs which I did.
because I now have a choice my nicotine dosage/cravings are well catered for so I don't even notice it anymore.
I just enjoy the whole thing and arn't stuffed up ,I breath better and all round feel better than I have for a long time.

So add up what you spent for a month on logs take that money have fun trying gadgets.

Vamo Tried and True he Itaste great all round companion and the smallest gadget you can make can just hang it around your neck or in a pocket/purse and your set.

Due to the fact that atomizers do wear out either the wick or the heating coil best to buy ones with replaceable parts.
and give all your non rebuild you got when you started on a kit to some one else or bin them when their done,

I wash mine out with a bit of bourbon or vodka whatever and refill with juice straight away not letting the wicks dry out.
Paper towels or a juice rag is handy to have around. and smells neat after a while..
Hey I can smell stuff now YAY

The most expensive part of all this is the money spent on shipping stuff that could be spent on your search for your own grail be it mods or atts or flavors, I feel a Tupperware party coming on,
Vapeware Party's for interested folk I think I will be so doing that.

DYI (The more the merrier :)

Last edited:

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
if you want a smell carrying setup I would go for the 650meh ego twiste, a little longer 900mah ego twiste. evods dont hold alot of juice but work fantastic, great vapor production and taste. Protank is pricer , heavier and holds more, I like that as well.

or itaste vv3, has alot of great features for its size.

Is there a link to your blog?

MissPoke

IF I were a new vaper, would establish a relationship with an ECF registered supplier. Seriously. YOu're going to wait longer to save what, $4 or $5 on a battery at fasttech, and they are overseas, and there is nobody to really *help* you.

I am not knocking fasttech, it's just that I wouldn't use them until I was up and running and really knew what i wanted already.

Look just get yourself an 2 Ego Twist or Spinner, a Kanger Evod and maybe 1 other kind of clearo, some juice and get on with it.

I say this because without any experience YOU are not going to know what clearomizer works best for YOU.....every single person here has their preferences. :)

You will know these things, about yourself, later on.

Please read my blog which is to help newbies about some pay it forward places and deals here on ECF where you can swap stuff and win stuff, etc. which will also aid you in your vaping journey. :)

You gotta get your feet wet, and I would go with somebody nearby you.

I will be glad to help you in any way I can but really, stick with a US based vendor for now, at least starting out!

mclarkson

Jun 14, 2013
Kansas
The OP's experience reminds me of mine. I was so excited to get my first e-Pipe. Vapor was mediocre but I liked it okay. Then I dropped it on the pavement and (thought) I broke it. I bought a second e-Pipe. Same model. I really wanted to start vaping.

But the pipe was a disappointment. I'm still not sure what's wrong, but I only got about a week's so-so vaping before vapor production dwindled to nothing. I've got two heads and three cartomizers/tanks and I get jack-squat out of any of them. I've had a new tank or something recommended but it's perpetually out of stock.

I'd like something that will last me at least a couple of months while I sort out my pipe problems, but I am overwhelmed by options and jargon.

I'd be happy to buy something - anything - that's actually going to work for me for a few months before crapping out.

I smoke all day long and would be vaping constantly. Would this Vision Spinner/Twist Ego VV Tank Combo thingy work for me? Can I use the parts on later builds / mods? Do the parts wear out in a few days? Will I need replacements? (Evidently some things clog and other things burn out...)

Somebody just tell my what to spend my money on, please!! Before the car breaks down and I'm broke again.

In the meantime, I'll be smoking tobacco...

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
ok I feel like I have to give my 2 cents on the vivi novas. Some people love them and some people hate them.

I find them fiddly. Fiddly to a point that I am spending more time troubleshooting why the vape isn't what I want than I do vaping them.

Being top coil clearomizers you have to tilt them and swirl them around to gt the juice up the long wicks. For me with the thicker juices I use that is ALOT of tilting and swirling. If I forget -----dry hit throat burn nastyness.

I also have a great deal of trouble with them dripping onto my battery post. Sometimes just a drop or two and sometimes a whole lot. It seems to be dependent on how good a head I managed to get on it. Some are better than others. I ended up rebuilding a bunch of them just to solve this issue. WARNING: Rebuilding clearo heads is NOT something anyone has to do and certainly not something most beginners do.

All in all now that there are many glass clearomizers and affordable glass carto tanks coming out My 3 metal vivi novas are being sent to my vapocalypse box. You know sort of the "Do not open unless a real vaping emergency is in progress" box.

Your mileage may vary but if I had a limited budget I would go with the protank or evod and call it done. Will a heavy lean towards the protank since it being glass there is no worry about which juice you put in it. Some juices crack plastics.

Missspoke

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Ashland, OR, USA
Check this out: Kanger Mini Protank – KangerTech

It's a new kit from Kanger (who make the EVOD, protank, and most other recommended clearomizers). I think $50 is a good deal for what you get. While I don't have any experience with the E-Smart batteries, I would assume that since they're sold with a protank, they have good performance. I also think this kit looks great. Real sharp. Everything fits together all nice and Kentucky.
a
OMG!!! What a sweet li'l cig!!! Can't wait until it comes out, because by then I should be able to afford another kit with all the money I'm gonna finally be saving without analogs. :D

Missspoke

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Ashland, OR, USA
I don't know if you have any of your old vaping stuff, but if you have only clearomizers or cartomizers, they will still work with an eGo battery.

Katana Kit

This kit is absolutely barebones, but with some juice should set you back much. I think compared with what you were using, any eGo will be a welcome step up. Personally I got started on a mini ego kit which I thought was amazing when I first vaped with it.

I'm really surprised you were burned so bad from Halo. Personally, I feel like their hardware is just over-priced/rebranded gear that you can get at half-price from other vendors. However, their e-juice is pretty well-respected in the vaping community. What kinds of juices did you order?
Totally agree with your thoughts on Halo after that experience. As far as their juices go, they were horrible for about a week until they really got some good steeping going...also seemed to help even more to shake them violently as someone suggested somewhere in my researching travels! I ordered quite a bit of prefilled cartos with Tribeca, which was my least favorite at first; but became one of my top picks later...actually, I think the Tribeca was the only one I used all of before the battery died. The rest of my liquids came with the gourmet sample pack in 7ml bottles: Belgian Cocoa (Any of their "chocolate inclusive" flavors really made the air around me smell like hot, sickly-sweet, poopy diaper while I was vaping, lol! Sorry for the colorful description, but there were several people around me who took a whif and agreed with this analogy!), Shamrock, Twisted Java (another of my favorites), Cafe Mocha, Kringle's Curse (AWESOME vape after it steeped!), and Malibu (Had the most "...." flavor, but I think it was gonna be really good...was about to try it again when that batt. went. :/ ).

Missspoke

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Ashland, OR, USA
The OP's experience reminds me of mine. I was so excited to get my first e-Pipe. Vapor was mediocre but I liked it okay. Then I dropped it on the pavement and (thought) I broke it. I bought a second e-Pipe. Same model. I really wanted to start vaping.

But the pipe was a disappointment. I'm still not sure what's wrong, but I only got about a week's so-so vaping before vapor production dwindled to nothing. I've got two heads and three cartomizers/tanks and I get jack-squat out of any of them. I've had a new tank or something recommended but it's perpetually out of stock.

I'd like something that will last me at least a couple of months while I sort out my pipe problems, but I am overwhelmed by options and jargon.

I'd be happy to buy something - anything - that's actually going to work for me for a few months before crapping out.

I smoke all day long and would be vaping constantly. Would this Vision Spinner/Twist Ego VV Tank Combo thingy work for me? Can I use the parts on later builds / mods? Do the parts wear out in a few days? Will I need replacements? (Evidently some things clog and other things burn out...)

Somebody just tell my what to spend my money on, please!! Before the car breaks down and I'm broke again.

In the meantime, I'll be smoking tobacco...
I feel your pain, man!!! The people here are SO helpful, though. That kit looks awesome to me...I just wouldn't have had any money left over to pick up a small order of e-liquid (which, of course I'll need if I wanna be vaping with my new kit!). I just needed something that would last for at least a few months while I kick analogs and can start saving all that money for something bigger/better. If you can afford it, I would go with that HIGHLY recommended combo kit. It's what I would have chosen if it had fit in my budget right away! (If you're curious to see what I ended up ordering, see another post I'm about to make below. ;) )

Missspoke

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Ashland, OR, USA
ok i feel like i have to give my 2 cents on the vivi novas. Some people love them and some people hate them.

I find them fiddly. Fiddly to a point that i am spending more time troubleshooting why the vape isn't what i want than i do vaping them.

Being top coil clearomizers you have to tilt them and swirl them around to gt the juice up the long wicks. For me with the thicker juices i use that is alot of tilting and swirling. If i forget -----dry hit throat burn nastyness.

I also have a great deal of trouble with them dripping onto my battery post. Sometimes just a drop or two and sometimes a whole lot. It seems to be dependent on how good a head i managed to get on it. Some are better than others. I ended up rebuilding a bunch of them just to solve this issue. Warning: Rebuilding clearo heads is not something anyone has to do and certainly not something most beginners do.

All in all now that there are many glass clearomizers and affordable glass carto tanks coming out my 3 metal vivi novas are being sent to my vapocalypse box. You know sort of the "do not open unless a real vaping emergency is in progress" box.

Your mileage may vary but if i had a limited budget i would go with the protank or evod and call it done. Will a heavy lean towards the protank since it being glass there is no worry about which juice you put in it. Some juices crack plastics.
vapocalypse!!! :p

Missspoke

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Ashland, OR, USA
Good morning, everyone!!! Here's an update, now that I've placed my orders:
I want to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge and experience. I wish I could start off with everything that was suggested, but know that I'll be coming back to this thread and referencing it for my future purchases! I also ended up getting a smidge more than I thought on my paycheck this week, since I got paid overtime for working the 4th of July...yippee!!! Pooling all of the advice, I feel I finally came up with a great, affordable, reliable, solution that will work for me! Here's what I ordered...
Kit: DV eGo-T Starter Kit - 900mah

Extra clearomizer, so I can try something different, just in case I find I like a top-coil setup: Vision eGo CE4+ Clearomizer - Blue

Glass clearomizer (similar to a Protank, so I can see how I like that before I spend more!): Vision Victory Kit

E-Liquid: Four 15ml bottles from the highly recommended Mt. Baker Vapor in different flavors, nic strengths, PG/VG ratio, and number of flavor shots, so I can start honing in on what I like and don't like!

Again, thanks to all for your help...and a special shout out to KellyCat, who was SO kind to hook me up with a kit to vape with while I'm waiting for my new equipment to arrive!!! :wub: You're above and beyond, girl!!! I'll be giving another update once I have a good feel of what I purchased...I can't wait to help my fellow vapers out, too!!!

Vape Happy, Folks!!!

Vander615

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Red Boiling Springs,TN
ok I feel like I have to give my 2 cents on the vivi novas. Some people love them and some people hate them.

I find them fiddly. Fiddly to a point that I am spending more time troubleshooting why the vape isn't what I want than I do vaping them.

Being top coil clearomizers you have to tilt them and swirl them around to gt the juice up the long wicks. For me with the thicker juices I use that is ALOT of tilting and swirling. If I forget -----dry hit throat burn nastyness.

I also have a great deal of trouble with them dripping onto my battery post. Sometimes just a drop or two and sometimes a whole lot. It seems to be dependent on how good a head I managed to get on it. Some are better than others. I ended up rebuilding a bunch of them just to solve this issue. WARNING: Rebuilding clearo heads is NOT something anyone has to do and certainly not something most beginners do.

All in all now that there are many glass clearomizers and affordable glass carto tanks coming out My 3 metal vivi novas are being sent to my vapocalypse box. You know sort of the "Do not open unless a real vaping emergency is in progress" box.

Your mileage may vary but if I had a limited budget I would go with the protank or evod and call it done. Will a heavy lean towards the protank since it being glass there is no worry about which juice you put in it. Some juices crack plastics.
What would you know?You're a Feral Druid. :p LOL...Anyway,I like my Vivi Nova now that I learned the little tips and tricks with them.First thing to do is shorten the wicks a little bit...say maybe 1/8th of an inch....then unravel the wicks so they are fluffy.....then puff away.1.8ohm resistance for the Mechanical Mods.

Vander615

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Red Boiling Springs,TN
Good morning, everyone!!! Here's an update, now that I've placed my orders:
I want to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge and experience. I wish I could start off with everything that was suggested, but know that I'll be coming back to this thread and referencing it for my future purchases! I also ended up getting a smidge more than I thought on my paycheck this week, since I got paid overtime for working the 4th of July...yippee!!! Pooling all of the advice, I feel I finally came up with a great, affordable, reliable, solution that will work for me! Here's what I ordered...
Kit: DV eGo-T Starter Kit - 900mah

Extra clearomizer, so I can try something different, just in case I find I like a top-coil setup: Vision eGo CE4+ Clearomizer - Blue

Glass clearomizer (similar to a Protank, so I can see how I like that before I spend more!): Vision Victory Kit

E-Liquid: Four 15ml bottles from the highly recommended Mt. Baker Vapor in different flavors, nic strengths, PG/VG ratio, and number of flavor shots, so I can start honing in on what I like and don't like!

Again, thanks to all for your help...and a special shout out to KellyCat, who was SO kind to hook me up with a kit to vape with while I'm waiting for my new equipment to arrive!!! :wub: You're above and beyond, girl!!! I'll be giving another update once I have a good feel of what I purchased...I can't wait to help my fellow vapers out, too!!!

Vape Happy, Folks!!!
You should be happy with what you ordered.I'm glad you stuck it out!

Vander615

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Red Boiling Springs,TN
You are gonna love your MBV juices...I just got my order a couple days ago...Cinnamon Roll,Bananas Foster,Double Apple and Prickly Pear(freebie).Have tasted them all...Cinnamon Roll and Bananas Foster are great right out of the bottle(still steeping them though)...Double Apple and Prickly Pear are good too but kinda perfumey,I'm sure they will smooth out with a little time.

BUG NUTT'S

Apr 19, 2013
United States
Fast-tech warranty is good, they just don't cover shipping. I had a item's go bad and I sent them to Miami and was given account credit. I have a brand new Vamo for sale $40 and other stuff on ( Woodrow Sparrow's booth at Bonanza - Consumer Electronics, Oth... ) Just take a look. Don't give up even a name brand can sometimes be a knock off, with a label.:laugh:

Missspoke

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Ashland, OR, USA
You are gonna love your MBV juices...I just got my order a couple days ago...Cinnamon Roll,Bananas Foster,Double Apple and Prickly Pear(freebie).Have tasted them all...Cinnamon Roll and Bananas Foster are great right out of the bottle(still steeping them though)...Double Apple and Prickly Pear are good too but kinda perfumey,I'm sure they will smooth out with a little time.
Awesome!!! I almost ordered the Cinnamon Roll, since it's so incredibly popular; but I'm a little wary, since they say cinnamon is one of the flavors that can crack a tank. Maybe I'll throw it into my next order and make sure to only smoke it out of the glass clearomizer...think that would work? :)

Vander615

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Red Boiling Springs,TN
Awesome!!! I almost ordered the Cinnamon Roll, since it's so incredibly popular; but I'm a little wary, since they say cinnamon is one of the flavors that can crack a tank. Maybe I'll throw it into my next order and make sure to only smoke it out of the glass clearomizer...think that would work? :)
That should work fine.The cinnamon in Cinnamon Roll is VERY subtle.I'm using it in my Mini Vivi Nova and have noticed no discoloration or hazing of the tank so far.If I start to have issues with it in my tank I'll post back here about it.I'm vaping the Cinnamon Roll as I type this.

Missspoke

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Ashland, OR, USA
That should work fine.The cinnamon in Cinnamon Roll is VERY subtle.I'm using it in my Mini Vivi Nova and have noticed no discoloration or hazing of the tank so far.If I start to have issues with it in my tank I'll post back here about it.I'm vaping the Cinnamon Roll as I type this.

Yum...can't wait to try it!!! I ordered Bananas Gone Nutz, Graham Cracker, Vanilla Cupcake, and Orange Dream Bar...and I'm excited to see what my freebie might be...looks like that prickly pear is what they're sending out for those currently. :)

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
Yum...can't wait to try it!!! I ordered Bananas Gone Nutz, Graham Cracker, Vanilla Cupcake, and Orange Dream Bar...and I'm excited to see what my freebie might be...looks like that prickly pear is what they're sending out for those currently. :)

Mm, sounds like a tasty line-up. I actually picked up the Butterscotch and Vanilla Butternut myself, somehow missed that they had that orange flavor though, so I sense another order in the near future! Is there a minimum order for the freebie do you know?

Also, if you find yourself looking for a glass clearo for the cigalikes, I just got my Kanger T4s today and they seem to be a nice alternative to cartos on 808 batteries. Not having any leaking issues yet with a 70/30 PG/VG mix and they're kicking out tons of vapor, not to mention the taste is crystal clear compared to the cartos I was using, no more burnt taste when I'm chain-vaping.

razor4432

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Kelly from my orders with MBV, 3 bottles will get you a freebie. My first one I ordered 3 30ml bottles and got a 30ml sample of Hawk Sauce. My others have been 15ml bottles, this what during the time they were out of 15ml bottles so I guess I got lucky :D

The Cinnamon Roll from MBV seems to be safe for the plastic tanks, I've got a Smoktech DCT loaded with it for a while now and no signs of melting or cracking. And it's absolutely delicious, if you can order 2 bottles at once so you can have one steep. I'm just finishing up the last bit from a bottle that I had ordered a month ago and it is incredible, everything has blended so nicely. It is good straight from the mail, takes 3 days to get to me and with the heat now I think the steeping will be sped up a little in-transit. Some will still require a good steep though, I did a "build-your-own" flavor that doesn't seem to have blended yet, kinda taste one flavor on one hit and another on the next and so on. Will wait and see how it turns out, so far it seems pretty good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread