Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I just realized.... My tesla has a resistance reading function. Why does it read 0.0 ohms? Shouldn't it tell me at least if it is below 1.3? or am i wrong?

It will. If you have the display set to, say, display volts or watts when you fire and you put a 0.5 ohm coil on it, if you try to fire it the display will show the resistance of the device instead. (And refuse to fire, of course.) If you just use the resistance check function it will display the resistance of anything it finds attached, whether or not it's built in protection would refuse to fire it.

If you are getting 0.0 ohms on a Tesla that's a shorted device to a Tesla. 9.9 ohms is an open device or no device at all.

Moocow0419

Jan 14, 2014
Jersey
You have to stop !!! You can't be wrapping coils and putting them on batteries that don't have a protection feature ffs :facepalm: You might get hurt. Even before wrapping coils you should do your homework on safety even if you have protected device because that Chinese safety feature can fail.

Get an ohms reader or a multimeter do some homework about ohms law and read about battery safety before you hurt yourself.

Ohm's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ohm's Law Calculator

Taste Your Juice | BATTERY INFORMATION

Thanks, both devices did have a protection feature I know now a lot more where I stand and I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread