Mini protank coil rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
Looks good, shinb0! I am sure it vapes pretty nice too. Keep that test firing without a wick to a minimum though, it will risk burning the rubber insulator. If you need more of those, Kidney Puncher has them for pretty cheap. I do my wraps on a 16ga needle, then remove the coil from it and compress it with a pair of tweezers while I torch it. Then put it back on the needle to install it in the head. If your resistance is reading correctly, there is no need to fire it in the head before you vape it. I love using cotton myself, and I wouldn't worry myself too much about it despite the protestations of others. Everything has a risk involved with it, and that being said, anything you do while vaping is probably exponentially safer than lighting up a cigarette. My opinion only.

The trick now is to get that coil consistent if it is working well for you. Mine come out at 1.9-2.0 ohm every time, and consistency is good. I said cotton for wicking because feeding a silica or ecowool wick through a microcoil is almost impossible to do with good results. They key to a good consistent coil is a known inner diameter created using something that doesn't compress, like you did. Even with a pin inside ecowool or silica, it is impossible to get the tight wraps and compression of the coil like you did, thus putting you back at square one.

It might not be the absolute best you can get from your MPT2 at the moment; as you get better at it and figure out what works with wicking things will improve, but you are pretty darn close I would say. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread