The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

PLEASE HELP with TFA flavoring Bad Mix

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by STILLSMOK9, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. STILLSMOK9

STILLSMOK9 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Okay, I was down to my last batch and I decided to do my usual TFA Original Caramel with EM and AP... Then I got this brilliant (NOT) :( idea to throw in a small percentage of TFA Honey ( which never tried).

End Result = GOD AWFUL!!! :(

Apparently no one warned ever me that TFA Honey is really gross...

I'm asking experienced DIY mixers if they have any ideas on how to doctor this horrible taste out of my last batch of Nic? I used 15% TFA Orig. Caramel, 1% AP, and 1% TFA Honey

Any advice would be Greatly Appreciated!

TIA

Still

2. Road_House

Road_House Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2013
    SE PA
    You could let it sit and steep for a few weeks to see if it improves any and/or make a new batch without the honey and experiment by making a test sample by mixing 1 ml of the bad stuff with 2 ml of the good stuff. Perhaps a wee bit more AP would increase the nuttiness enough to cover the offending taste as well if it's still detectable after diluting it.

3. dannyv45

dannyv45 ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    I assume by your last batch that your now out of nic base. You can try diluting by half and add more flavoring (- the honey) and put up with the reduced nicotine until you get more. That will at least kill the honey taste by half.

4. STILLSMOK9

Thanks Road you caught me in the nick of time.... Was about to do something desperate, like adding straight PG to top off. I can't remake because this the last of my nicotine until I can get more, which is why I'm so upset. Think I'm going to take your advice and try to make a small sample and doctor it up with something like AP you suggested. ;)

5. STILLSMOK9

Great idea, Danny! It probably won't cut my Nic down significantly. ;)

Word to the wise - Stay far away from TFA Honey... It is HORRIBLE! :(

6. Wingsfan0310

Wingsfan0310 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2013
    Flat Rock, MI, USA
    If you have TFA Smooth, you could take a small amount of your mix and try adding a drop or 2 and see if that smooths out the honey taste. Just a thought, I have never used TFA Honey before.

Cheers,
    Steve

7. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    *Multi Flavoring mix. Needs time to meld.

Place about 5ml in a bottle and do hot bath............Keep it hot and shake often for several hours.
    Set aside open and test next day.
    a Small batch will steep faster and hot Bath will help accelerate things. You might get surprised.

I only make note as the amount you used was rather low to completely corrupt the Flavor.
    I have made an RY4 mix that I hated - actually tasted Soggy - and 4 days later wasn't bad. Another week went by and I emptied the Bottle in one evening. Totally different from its starting taste.

8. michaelsil1

michaelsil1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    Los Angeles

Some people like TFA Honey!

The Inawera Honey is very good! ;)

9. STILLSMOK9

Steve, all I have is mts vape wizard... Think that would help?

10. Wingsfan0310

Wingsfan0310 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2013
    Flat Rock, MI, USA
  11. Crunktanium

Crunktanium Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    Florida (east coast)
    I use TFA Honey and it's good for some things but for others I use strictly LA Honey.

Sometimes I even get brave and mix two different brands of the same flavor to create something even more unique.

12. rasmith1959

rasmith1959 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    Guthrie, OK
    Vape Wizard and smooth are basically the same thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

13. LoveVanilla

LoveVanilla Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    Da true if fresh mixed, but it's actually a good honey after ~3 week steep (IMHO). Though not much help for you at the moment...

Maybe it's time to buy a bottle off the shelf? Good luck.

14. Renolizzie

Renolizzie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sorry, other than diluting I have no help for your situation.

I do use TFA honey in my 555 but only a tiny amount. I think it gives my 555 some depth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.