PLEASE HELP with TFA flavoring Bad Mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
Okay, I was down to my last batch and I decided to do my usual TFA Original Caramel with EM and AP... Then I got this brilliant (NOT) :( idea to throw in a small percentage of TFA Honey ( which never tried).

End Result = GOD AWFUL!!! :(

Apparently no one warned ever me that TFA Honey is really gross...

I'm asking experienced DIY mixers if they have any ideas on how to doctor this horrible taste out of my last batch of Nic? I used 15% TFA Orig. Caramel, 1% AP, and 1% TFA Honey

Any advice would be Greatly Appreciated!

TIA

Still

Road_House

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2013
SE PA
You could let it sit and steep for a few weeks to see if it improves any and/or make a new batch without the honey and experiment by making a test sample by mixing 1 ml of the bad stuff with 2 ml of the good stuff. Perhaps a wee bit more AP would increase the nuttiness enough to cover the offending taste as well if it's still detectable after diluting it.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Okay, I was down to my last batch and I decided to do my usual TFA Original Caramel with EM and AP... Then I got this brilliant (NOT) :( idea to throw in a small percentage of TFA Honey ( which never tried).

End Result = GOD AWFUL!!! :(

Apparently no one warned ever me that TFA Honey is really gross...

I'm asking experienced DIY mixers if they have any ideas on how to doctor this horrible taste out of my last batch of Nic? I used 15% TFA Orig. Caramel, 1% AP, and 1% TFA Honey

Any advice would be Greatly Appreciated!

TIA

Still

I assume by your last batch that your now out of nic base. You can try diluting by half and add more flavoring (- the honey) and put up with the reduced nicotine until you get more. That will at least kill the honey taste by half.

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
You could let it sit and steep for a few weeks to see if it improves any and/or make a new batch without the honey and experiment by making a test sample by mixing 1 ml of the bad stuff with 2 ml of the good stuff. Perhaps a wee bit more AP would increase the nuttiness enough to cover the offending taste as well if it's still detectable after diluting it.

Thanks Road you caught me in the nick of time.... Was about to do something desperate, like adding straight PG to top off. I can't remake because this the last of my nicotine until I can get more, which is why I'm so upset. Think I'm going to take your advice and try to make a small sample and doctor it up with something like AP you suggested. ;)

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
I assume by your last batch that your now out of nic base. You can try diluting by half and add more flavoring (- the honey) and put up with the reduced nicotine until you get more. That will at least kill the honey taste by half.

Great idea, Danny! It probably won't cut my Nic down significantly. ;)

Word to the wise - Stay far away from TFA Honey... It is HORRIBLE! :(

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
*Multi Flavoring mix. Needs time to meld.

Place about 5ml in a bottle and do hot bath............Keep it hot and shake often for several hours.
Set aside open and test next day.
a Small batch will steep faster and hot Bath will help accelerate things. You might get surprised.

I only make note as the amount you used was rather low to completely corrupt the Flavor.
I have made an RY4 mix that I hated - actually tasted Soggy - and 4 days later wasn't bad. Another week went by and I emptied the Bottle in one evening. Totally different from its starting taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread