please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helfrd0771

Sep 10, 2014
minneapolis mn
To start I'm vaping on a paps clone, with a rugzer clone on top. I also use prebuild coils made from 33 awg wire and 4 siliwicks trough the coil.

Now for my issue. When I build, the ohms always look good. But when I place the chimney on it I my resistance drop a lot. From 1.8 ish to around 0.6ish. If I keep screwing the chimney down I usually get a short.

What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix this problem? Also if screw the chimney down I always get dry hits. Is that normal?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mccannch

Nov 10, 2014
NY
I'm guessing your coil or a lead is touching the inside of the chimney. Cut the leads short

This would be my guess. Make sure you cut the end of the lead as close to the screw as possible. Also I suggest wrapping the screw so that the lead is facing back into the coil. Sometimes when you try to leave it on the back side of the screw when you cut the lead it will leave a bit sticking out and that will make contact with the chimney. Make sure your pre-made coils are not to big for the deck as well. Spaced coils can be hard to fit in a kayfun design but that small of a gauge wire should be fine. Dry hits could be a function of your shorting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread