Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
What is a 510 Contact? Talk to me like a child... because I am a baby at vaping
Everybody had to learn this stuff the first time, don't worry. The 510 contact is the place where the atomizer screws into the battery/mod. Male threads on the topper, female on the mod. The electrical connections are negative in the outer threads and positive in the inner post.

Locus0fcontrol

Jul 3, 2015
Hi Locus0fcontrol.

Just to give you some of the Lingo we use. The Cube shaped Pieces that have the built in Coil/Cotton wicks, we call those "OCC Heads".

And the Round Piece where you put your own coil in and then your own Cotton Wick, we call that the "RBA Section".

Any time you put in a New OCC Head, you do need to put a Few Drop on e-liquid on the Cotton to "Prime" it. 3 or 4 Drops should be Enough. Just do it until all the Cotton Wick you can see is Saturated.

---

The Ohms jumping around or Not being the Same number as on the OCC Head is a Sign that you are Not Making a Good Electrical Connection somewhere.

I would Take the Tank Off and then check that the OCC is Snug on the Base. Not Tight Tight. Just a Good Snug Fit. Then put the Tank back on and might sure it is Snug.

Now put the Whole thing onto you Mod and Gently screw it on. When you feel it is starting to get Snug, look between the Mod and the Base of you Tank. Do you see a Little Gap?

If there is, and you can screw the Tank a Little More, go ahead and do it. But if it feels like it Doesn't want to screw down anymore, Don't force it.

Now Check the Ohms by pushing the Power Button to turn the Screen on. It should Read the Same Number that is on the Side of the OCC Head. Like .5 or .6 but Not 2.4 if you have a .5 Ohm OCC Head.

If it Doesn't, or if the Ohms are Bouncing around, then you Probably need to take everything back to where you got it and have them take a Look at it.

Hope this works. And have a Great 4th of July either way.
Thank you so much! Everything you stated I actually did because I watched a huge amount of videos lol thanx for thr heads up on thr terminology. I think somethi by may be wrong with the mod because after changing the coil and cleaning it and making sure everything is tightened. The ohms kept jumping to 2.6... 3.1 and went back up to 9.9 again. I took the sub tank off so I wouldn't burn the could out again. We shall see tomorrow. !

Reactions: zoiDman

Locus0fcontrol

Jul 3, 2015
Everybody had to learn this stuff the first time, don't worry. The 510 contact is the place where the atomizer screws into the battery/mod. Male threads on the topper, female on the mod. The electrical connections are negative in the outer threads and positive in the inner post.

Ahhhhhh gotcha! That seemed fine but I suppose something could be wrong with it. Hopefully it's just the system and they will give me a new one lol

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you so much! Everything you stated I actually did because I watched a huge amount of videos lol thanx for thr heads up on thr terminology. I think somethi by may be wrong with the mod because after changing the coil and cleaning it and making sure everything is tightened. The ohms kept jumping to 2.6... 3.1 and went back up to 9.9 again. I took the sub tank off so I wouldn't burn the could out again. We shall see tomorrow. !

Hey No Problem.

Sometimes half the battle when you are New is Figuring Out all the Lingo and Abbreviations we use.

It sounds like you have Done Everything right. So I think you may have a Problem with the Center Pin of your 510 Connection on your Mod being Too Low. Or there could be a Problem with you Tank.

Either Way, the store you got it from should be able to Diagnose it for You.

Enjoy your 4th of July. And let us know what you Find Out when you take it back to your Vape Store.

Locus0fcontrol

Jul 3, 2015
Thxď
Did you rinse and clean the tank before using it the first time?

I was set to wash all my tanks and clean a new one, got distracted before getting to the new one and ended up not rinsing it....OH BOY will I never make that mistake again
I'll make sure to do that. Never thought of that. The subox was actually faulty. They replaced the entire thing and gave me 2 free coils and juice! [HASHTAG]#winning[/HASHTAG] lol thank you for the help!

Locus0fcontrol

Jul 3, 2015
Hey No Problem.

Sometimes half the battle when you are New is Figuring Out all the Lingo and Abbreviations we use.

It sounds like you have Done Everything right. So I think you may have a Problem with the Center Pin of your 510 Connection on your Mod being Too Low. Or there could be a Problem with you Tank.

Either Way, the store you got it from should be able to Diagnose it for You.

Enjoy your 4th of July. And let us know what you Find Out when you take it back to your Vape Store.

The subox was actually faulty. They replaced the entire thing and gave me 2 free coils and juice! [HASHTAG]#winning[/HASHTAG] lol thank you for the help!

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The subox was actually faulty. They replaced the entire thing and gave me 2 free coils and juice! [HASHTAG]#winning[/HASHTAG] lol thank you for the help!

Good Deal.

This is why I like to see people who are New to Vaping buy their first Setup from a Local Vape Shop.

You pay a Little More. But being able to walk in and Ask for Help, or do a Return on the Spot is Big Plus.

Glad you are Up and Running. And let us know if you have any Other Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread