Please please help deciding on new E-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opi21

Apr 15, 2012
USA
Man it took forever to find out why I couldn't post a thread lol. Anyways, I'm in the market for a new E-cig. I've been vaping for over a year and I have use the Ego with a 510 atomizer via dripping. I am looking for something that will make vaping stronger and possibly with more flavor. I also need something that will last all day of constant vaping without recharging just like the Ego. I am looking at this currently- Magnum Volt Standard Kit - Kits - Magnum Volt Line - Models Does anyone own one of these? Are they any good? Any suggestions would be incredibly appreciated.

On a side note, have cartomizers gotten any better? I used them for a bit a while back and I found that they had a very very weak throat hit but superiour flavor. I am hearing about these double coil cartomizers. Also does anyone know if there are better 510 atomizers on the market? Currently I use LR 1.7 ohms.

Thanks!

MattyT

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
In my opinion if you were to go with the Magnum Volt, you are taking a step backwards. Your battery life will be less then with your Ego with those cig style batteries. If you were to get the kit with the PCC at least you could recharge on the go but feel you will be disappointed with that kit. I think if you were looking for better battery life for constant vaping all day then something like a E-Power 18650 would be more in line.

Cartomizers have come along way over the years, I myself are not a huge fan of the dual coil cartos and find the Smoke tech 1.7 ohm single coils to be more satisfying. But then again, thats me and you might love them so it definitely can't hurt to try them out, everyone is different. I get mine here at Crystal Clear Vaping

If your a big dripping fan and want a really awesome 510 atty then try out the HH.357. Its an expensive atty but you are definitely getting your moneys worth, do a youtube search and watch some of the reviews on them. I own 2 myself and couldnt be happier with the performance and overall quality.

Hope this helps some and Welcome to the ECF!!

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla

alvinosj

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2011
Singapore, Tampines
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Hey txtumbleweed, I see you have a LG XL3 in your avatar. How do you like it? Saw them on Discount Vapers site and was interested. Curious to here your thoughts.

It is actually an Indulgence and a 14650 that were wooded by LG and right they are from DV. I really like it the wood work is awesome.:)

VitoCorleone

Mar 4, 2012
Oklahoma
If you are looking for more then you probably want to consider VV Vaping. If you want to dip your foot in without breaking the bank then most would consider a lavatube. For me a Lavatube plus some Ultimate CE2 Clearomizers is a serious win. The top coil gives a warm and powerful hit with no loss of flavor at any voltage. One of the great benefits of VV is that I can change the flavor of any juice by upping the voltage. Combine that with the huge 2-3 day battery and I really am not sure how my experience could be improved. I dare someone to find a way.

Of course I plan to purchase most likely a Provari in the future, but there may be a Lavatube V3 between then and now...

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
I have to agree with hitmetwice on the VV ego battery. I bought mine on clearance somewhere (I don't remember where but they were gone when I went back) for like $10. I think they are 1100mah or so, and they are my go-to travel unit right now. I use them with the SR Stardusts and at the high setting (4.2v) they last through a work shift and hit great. Plus, they are pass-through units also so I can use them while they charge. I also like them at 3.3v with LR DCC's as well. Never use the middle setting really. Next up is a Lavatube kit (from Apollo) I ordered in a drunken fit, so we will see how that goes.

Kevin

Opi21

Apr 15, 2012
USA
I am digging those HH.357 attys. Does anyone know any reputable vendors that have them in stock and preferably are in east cost U.S.?

The Go-Go looks exactly like the Ego, is it the same one? I am happy with the Ego it's just that I wanted to know if there was something like the ego in terms of long-lasting battery that gave better throat hits. Like these voltage changing ones or one set at a higher voltage.

The provari looks like what im looking for but oh my god that is expensive. But maybe if people say that it's the best PV out there and won't be succeeded in a long time I might buy it.

The GLV-2 Super-Mini is ugly imo, I am looking for a tube shaped one.

The lavatube looks exactly like the magnum volt I posted earlier but more expensive. Is it the same one?

I think I might go with an ego-VV for starters. Does anyone know of any reputable dealers that again preferably are located in the east coast US? Doesn't have to be east coast but it does have to be in the U.S.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The lavatube looks exactly like the magnum volt I posted earlier but more expensive. Is it the same one?
I would definitely say the Magnum Volt is a Lavatube.
Lots of places sell that same model, but under various names.

EDIT: By the way, your original link does NOT link to the Magnum Volt, hence some of the confusion.
EDIT: :)

x GRE x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Terre Haute, Indiana
I have had a lavatube and got rid of it after I got my provari. The lavetub doesnt hold voltage well it may say 4.5v then when you test it it might be at 3.7 or lower depending on your atty. If you vape a 1.5ohm atty it will not do above 3.7v no matter what the read out on the screen says. Now the provari on the other hand is the best VV PV I have used to date. If the screen says 4.5v thats what it stays at till the battery dies, it is way more solid in construction and even with the 18490 batteries it last me all day, almost 2 days with the extension cap and a 18650. If you want a pv that will last and last just drop the cash and get a top of the line mod like the provari.

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've had my LavaTube for a little over 2 weeks now and I can't seem to put it down! Vaping with a 7 ml tank, which lasts me right now about 1 1/2 days cuz I'm vaping constantly but - I'VE BEEN ANALOG FREE for going on 2 months now after starting with a "mini" automatic, which I liked but hated to buy cartomizers and constantly recharging the batteries. (Killed 2 batteries by refilling non-refillable cartomizers... LOL) I'm vaping LavaTube and I LOVE it!

Opi21

Apr 15, 2012
USA
Well you guys convinced me on getting the provari. The lavatube looks a bit too big and too bulky for my tastes. That and my Ego's die alot. I mean they last a bit but in over a year I've gone through 5-6. So thats 120$ in a year. Does anybody know if the HH .357 will work with the provari. Or better question, is the provari compatible with the 510 threaded attys?

VitoCorleone

Mar 4, 2012
Oklahoma
I would say that you made a good choice Opi21. Now that you own a top of the line VV mod, the types of tanks and cartos that you use will be where you experiment with the juices that you like. There's Top Coil, Bottom Coil, vertical coil and dual (multi) coil and at different Ohms of resistance. Some tanks can take any of those cartomizers so buy a 5 pack of all of the cartomizers that sound like they provide the experience that you want and experiment with your juices to find the sweet spot. Once you do punch em and fill the tanks. You skipped a few steps between Cigalike and Provari, but your wallet should be much happier and you now have bragging rights. Congratulations! I'll be interested to hear where you finally find your sweet spot!

VC

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
IF the Magnum Volt is just a Lavatube with a different name, it would be better than what you have but definitely NOT the best option in low priced variable volt models. The lavatube limits what atty or cartos you can use on it. I would not want a PV that limits my choices. For less money but with no limitations on what you can use with it, I would look at the variable volt EVO:

EVO V2 Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread