Please put this coil question to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
I know that the GT Ccell coils are SS316. But there is a considerable amount of confusion about the rest of the GT series coils. Some say these coils, GT2 - GT8, use Kanthal for the actual coil material. I have also heard that these same coils use SS316 for their coil wire. I've been on the website and have checked my GT coils and packs with a magnifying glass and still cannot ascertain what the coils are made of. Could we get a definitive answer from Vaporesso about the coil material status of the cores?(GT2 - GT8 and mesh coils)

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The only way I can think to figure it out is by observing the size of the coil compared to it’s listed resistance. Kanthal and SS have different thermal characteristics so the mod for a given length of wire will be different for SS and kanthal. Probably not a lot of help but it’s all I got

• Useful

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK definitively either, I guess you could try emailing too although perhaps posting in their forum as you have might be helpful.

Hopefully Vapresso will provide you with some answers. I will say my overall grasp of many of Vapresso's coils are hazy and it's ONE reason I tend to avoid their tanks.

I do think if they were more clear about it, more folks would use their tanks/coils I mean most of them are kind of ideal as far as using TC instead of wattage mode, etc.

Anna

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
I now have an "official" answer from Vaporesso.

Dear Michael,

Very glad for your choosing Vaporesso and sorry to hear your trouble.

The metal type of GT core is Nickel-chromium alloy and you can not vape under TC mode, but our GT ccell core`s wire is SS, then you can vape under TC mode.

Enjoy your vaping..
Best Regards

Delia Wu

Good to know. Thanks to Vaporesso for a definitive answer. I've been vaping a GT6 in TC mode as SS316 successfully for a few months now. I'm not sure what that means but I guess I'll change that mod back to VW mode.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I now have an "official" answer from Vaporesso.

Dear Michael,

Very glad for your choosing Vaporesso and sorry to hear your trouble.

The metal type of GT core is Nickel-chromium alloy and you can not vape under TC mode, but our GT ccell core`s wire is SS, then you can vape under TC mode.

Enjoy your vaping..
Best Regards

Delia Wu

Good to know. Thanks to Vaporesso for a definitive answer. I've been vaping a GT6 in TC mode as SS316 successfully for a few months now. I'm not sure what that means but I guess I'll change that mod back to VW mode.
I suspect it means you only thought you were in tc . A mod will work with anywireat any setting, it just won’t work correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread