Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Well the only mods available any more are 510, so for the 901s you’ll need an adapter. Basically any VV or VW mod will work. You just have to set it low enough to work, which shouldn’t be a big issue. A lot of mods have a minimum wattage of 5w though which is pretty close to where I suspect you want to be. There are a few mods out there that go down to 1w though. Any mod with a DNA chip will do it but they’re often expensive. There are others as well though. I’m just not too familiar with all of them.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There aren’t a lot of true pen styles made any more. The batteries were very small and the 18650 became something of a standard and is much larger.

You might be able to pick up some ego batteries online which is probably the smallest one can get. I’m not fond of them myself. A true VV or VW mod can be found in cylinder shapes. They’re a whole pile bigger than a pen style though. One that comes to mind is the nunchakau. I don’t know what it’s minimum wattage is though so that could be an issue. The didgicode will probably go down to 1 watt but they’re extremely pricey. They’re made in Germany.

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA

springfling

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
Pennsylvania
Thank you for that link, but they’re out of stock on the adapters!! Darn! I used Egos for a long time and they never lasted - buttons sticking etc... I used a Reo and now I’ve had this Empire clone for years with an 18650 battery. I’m stuck in a time warp! I see the Eleaf Pico seems to be well liked but I’d rather have a tube shape.

• Love
Reactions: madstabber

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thank you for that link, but they’re out of stock on the adapters!! Darn! I used Egos for a long time and they never lasted - buttons sticking etc... I used a Reo and now I’ve had this Empire clone for years with an 18650 battery. I’m stuck in a time warp! I see the Eleaf Pico seems to be well liked but I’d rather have a tube shape.
The pico has a 5w minimum I believe, so as long as that’s not an issue the unwell nunchakau or iJoy Sabre are both tube shaped and have 510 connectors. I think there’s an ehrpro as well.

• Agree
Reactions: lupinehorror

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Sadly, all the really slim mods I can find are either eGo or mechanical. If you're willing to go upwards to an 18650, there's the aforementioned Nunchaku, the Dani, and the EHPro Mod 101. You might also stumble across an used Provari... they can use, depending on configuration, anything between an 18350 and an 18650. Just announced is the Tesla Punk 86 tube, as well. You might also be able to find an old Vamo. The Nunchaku is shorter, but fatter. The EHPro Mod 101 is quite tall in 18650 mode, but will also adapt down to 18350 or 18500, and it's slimmer. The Vamo is quite tall. I do not have a Dani, and I do not have the Tesla.

If you can give up the variable voltage aspect, and know your way around ohms law, and check your tanks before use, there are 14650 mechanicals...

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Sadly, all the really slim mods I can find are either eGo or mechanical. If you're willing to go upwards to an 18650, there's the aforementioned Nunchaku, the Dani, and the EHPro Mod 101. You might also stumble across an used Provari... they can use, depending on configuration, anything between an 18350 and an 18650. Just announced is the Tesla Punk 86 tube, as well. You might also be able to find an old Vamo. The Nunchaku is shorter, but fatter. The EHPro Mod 101 is quite tall in 18650 mode, but will also adapt down to 18350 or 18500, and it's slimmer. The Vamo is quite tall. I do not have a Dani, and I do not have the Tesla.

If you can give up the variable voltage aspect, and know your way around ohms law, and check your tanks before use, there are 14650 mechanicals...
The whole point is he doesn’t want to use tanks though. He wants to use old style carto atomizers for dripping.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I used to run mine on a mech mod. Had a 510 ext with a sleeve around it and atomizer. I think I still have them and a few 510 atty's from Empire Mods. I think it was an 18350 mod. Not pen but still small enough.
That used to be the only way to do it, it’s true. I actually had 2 of those 18350s vent in my pocket. I had a little SMOK protruding button pipe mod and stuck it in my pocket. Twice. I guess I learn slow. Luckily I had been advised to only use the low reactivity “imr” (yes not the real chemistry I know. It’s what we called it at the time though) chemistry batteries available at the time and I didn’t wind up with a fist sized hole in my leg. Won’t work these days. Batteries are simply more powerful now. Those old unvented mechs weren’t very safe even back then with weaker batteries. These days they’re considered actively dangerous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread