please school me on 6v

Status
Not open for further replies.

badlarry

Nov 9, 2010
rochester new york
i recently bought a mod from mad vapes. after some research on here, im running it at 6v with a dse 801 hv atomizer(slb).
it burns through 4 drops in one hit. its harsh and hot. if i flood it, it seems to vape nicely but leaks all over the tube. the atomizers have so much primer its disgusting and 3 out of 4 have quit on me in less than a week.

so? what am i doing wrong? is there a better set-up than the 801? i figured its bigger than a 510 so it shouldnt get as hot and tear through drops as fast.

so heres what i am looking for.

i like the intense taste when it is working but i would like to cool down the vape.

(maybe cartos instead of dripping? tank?)

i would also like an atomizer that doesnt die in 2 minutes.

i understand many people find 6v pointless so please dont post opinions, ive already read them.

if someone has experience with this and could tell me exactly what to get i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks everyone!!!

Reveen

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
South Dakota
I rock a Boge SR cartomizer in a Liquinator tank @ 6v. I know that high-voltage vaping requires more juice and the atty/carto needs to be very saturated or you run the risk of getting burnt hits.

I love 6v vaping (I didn't right away) but now I can't see myself going back to lower voltages.

I think a tank is almost a necessity when dealing with 6v. Perfect hits every time.

Last edited:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Congrats on your upgrade to 6v. I did the same thing with those 801 atties. I had no luck with those. Cartomizers is what you need. 2.0 ohm dual coils at 6v is heaven. I just bought the DCT Tank and some 2.0 ohm replacement cartos... Amazing performance. Make sure you get a shorty adapter for it, if you dont have one.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
thanks much jimi d. anyone have any luck with the ego tank at 6v? that dual coil tank is pretty large for switching flavors
The ego tank will burn. The ohms are too low for 6 volts. On a single coil atty or carto at 6 volts the ohms must be 4 ohms or higher. Dual coil cartomizers run in parallel so you can use 1.6- 3ohms... As for changing flavors in cartos. It wouldnt work very well, being that the flavor is soaked in the polyfill. If you want to use Atomizers for 6 volts, look into 4ohm atties. High Voltage 510 Atomizer, 4 ohms I dont use atties anymore. I love cartos, but everyone is different. Your'e welcome badlarry..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread