Please verify my calcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Still pretty new to DIY and need to verify my calculations on a mix with a twist.

So I got a deal on a 180ml bottle of 0 nic store juice I figured I could add my 100mg nic base to for my preferred 6 mg nic result. By my calculations, I need to add 11.5ml (or 14.2 grams I prefer to measure) of nic base to the 180ml bottle of 0 nic juice to get to my desired 6mg juice. Am I close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades? No, I am not too concerned with upping the VG with 100% VG base nic.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Last edited:
Reactions: OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
This recipe calculator is wildly popular around ECF. Use it and print your recipes for future use. Make notes on the sheets where necessary. Doing that makes things really simple and repeatable.

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

You'll need to enter gram weights for all the components the first time you mix by weight. You can get those here.

Botboy141 Guide to Mixing By Weight • /r/DIY_eJuice

Thanks! I've been using Hotrod's calculator and mixing by weight, but as with most/all calculators, I wasn't sure how to calculate with a fixed amount of "flavoring" and a floating "amount to make" and "VG/PG ratio" factors. Hence I fell back on manual calculations for which I was more comfortable getting a second, hopefully confirming opinion.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Thanks! I've been using Hotrod's calculator and mixing by weight, but as with most/all calculators, I wasn't sure how to calculate with a fixed amount of "flavoring" and a floating "amount to make" and "VG/PG ratio" factors. Hence I fell back on manual calculations for which I was more comfortable getting a second, hopefully confirming opinion.

BotBoy141 lists the grams/ml factors for PG/VG/Nic and flavors in the post above. It's where I got my values for my calculator. Flavors all vary from 1.93 to to 1.07 grams per ml, so he suggests an average of 1g/ml in the calculator as "close enough for DIY work".

I'm new in the DIY world, too. I've made a couple of throwaway mixes that were flavored beyond repair, but for the most part all of my creations have been vapable and most of them tasty. I've finally used 30 or 40 flavorings in mixes over the last few months and I'm beginning to develop a feel for what works with different flavor manufacturers.

I'm still highly observant of the more experienced DIY'ers posts in these threads. I'm learning fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: OlderNDirt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread