RDA Plume Veil spitting condensation through the tip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
coils/wicks are level with the post screws, so there's no way juice is getting sucked all the way up, so my guess is that with full open airflow that creates no pull, condensation ends up in my mouth... Doubt this to be the occasional coil crack burst since coils aren't right under the tip... anyone else with this phenomenon?

I ended up using the Honda Civic Advanced Auto parts style muffler tip since it allows for such mishap to pool at its bottom vs the very top lip, but still not feeling this whole ordeal...

11078864_1099621986730332_1559598577_n.jpg

Last edited:

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
I have four Plume Veil clones and I've never had the problem you're having with all the condensation. But that is one super-juicy, quad-coil build you've got there, so that might be what's causing it. I never build anything more complex than a dual coil. (Just too damn lazy!)

I figured, what the hell, why not. Got a 2nd base/cap/no AFC plastic piece and 1 missing screw (not an issue honestly, was stripped) so I could potentially have 2 different setups at any time.

Realistically, for how I vape, Fogger is PLENTY clouds and air plus no dripping like every 6-8 hits.

MCCOY300

Mar 9, 2015
Oklahoma City
If liquid is spitting upwards into the drip tip it usually indicates some sort of wicking issue.

Maybe you could try a little less in the deck portion, and a few millimeters of wick out the top of the verts instead of a flush cut. Make sure you have a good density as well.

+1 to this. Extra wick to cover the top of the coil will get rid of the problem. Its probably just popping extra juice up into the tip

If liquid is spitting upwards into the drip tip it usually indicates some sort of wicking issue.

Maybe you could try a little less in the deck portion, and a few millimeters of wick out the top of the verts instead of a flush cut. Make sure you have a good density as well.

I agree with this as well.

I've been playing around with quad vert coils the past few weeks, and find that a little bit of wick on the top of the coils will stop most of the spitting. I also agree with the less wick in the deck portion as well. Hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like the bottom of your coils are sitting right up against your tails.

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
I run wihout the delrin on mine at .05 ohms it only spits if i overfill it

Now, what would be a tip to use instead of the delrin piece? Might need to go through some of my shops to see if they have a large bore. Then I can have 2x working Veils or hook some friends up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread