Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Sounds like "meh" upgrades to me. The only thing that interests me is the neg post air channels... but wouldnt they need 4 so that two could point to each coil? Boggles my mind. I think that all of these super quick revisions on these modern RDAs are the result of clones. They just want to keep ahead in making new versions so some people will feel compelled to buy.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
The only thing that interests me is the neg post air channels... but wouldnt they need 4 so that two could point to each coil? Boggles my mind.

No, it would be the same 2 holes in the side of the atty that go through the neg posts. On my V1, each hole points inward torward the pos post. On the V1.5 they will be pointing towards the backs of the coils. Sounds like they put a 90º bend in them to accomplish this.

so the airholes in the posts go in opposite directions creating a vortex?

From what I gather, yes.

and where are you getting that information?

From the link you posted: The Vape Source - Plume Veil V1.2 RDA by Aethertech

thevapesource said:
-airflow drilled through negative post to hit back of the coils

FatherTime

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2014
United States
^i dont think that means that they will be given i 90 degree bend. if anything 45. its already made to hi the back of the coil. i do not believe there will be any change. i think thats just part of the description as its the same as v1. theyre just saying there are holes through the negative. if they were differen i think they wouldve specifically mentioned the difference

SintheticKarma

Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Sounds like "meh" upgrades to me. The only thing that interests me is the neg post air channels... but wouldnt they need 4 so that two could point to each coil? Boggles my mind. I think that all of these super quick revisions on these modern RDAs are the result of clones. They just want to keep ahead in making new versions so some people will feel compelled to buy.

I think you hit the nail on the head with that statement. The biggest change I see is reduction of the dreadful logo, lol. I bet we see another revision or three in the coming year as well. I will give it to them they did design one hell of a rda. If I wasn't on a budget I would support them and buy a legit one. As is a clone is in my future. One without the logo.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
I have a Plume Veil 1.2. The only substantive change between the two is the gold plated deck and posts, and, the big one, shortening that positive pin. I can't get mine to sit flush on any of the MODs I've tried it on thus far. The only one it looks flush on is the Cana clone, but that's because the 510 connection is in the drip well. It's not flush, but you can't really see that it isn''t flush.

651Ploomin

Jul 28, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Curious to know if the pics on most pre orders is actually of the 1.5 or just the existing 1.2. I want to pre order to 1.5..but I'd like to see how large the new air holes are. I saw a picture of a 1.5 clone, and the slots look perfect. I don't buy or support counterfeits at all, so I'm hoping aethertech enlarged those slots like acerig did for the clone. I love my project sub ohm edition authentic..favorite rda of all time and have no issues with it not sitting flush on anything but adding the 1.5 to my family would be awesome

NewCloudzCity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
On a Cloud Brooklyn, NY
I wonder if the plume veil 1.5 is going to be worth buying or not as well. I have the original plume veil clone and as it is pretty good, there are some flaws. 1 major flaw for me is that the thing leaks everywhere. With all these new innovative rdas coming out in the next month im on the ledge on if i should pull the trigger on the 1.5 when my local shop gets them in and they call me from the list. Theres going to be a buncha products launched at ECC early sept at a price point of under 100$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread