PlumeVeil RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Los Alamos, NM USA
Hey all, was browsing Kidney Punchers today and saw this as a preorder, it definately got my attention.

PlumeVeil RBA by AetherTech - Kidney Puncher

Plume Veil rba by AetherTech
Made in the USA !
The PlumeVeil features:

• Unique design with three separate sources for airflow. 1. Air Slots in front of coil, with AFC. 2. Air holes through negative posts to bring air to back side of coil. 3. Air holes in top of cap to create a vacuum effect.
  • Negative posts are milled into the deck.
  • Deck is 24kt Gold plated (0.006 inches thick)
  • Delrin insulator at drip tip (also serves as AFC for top air holes)
  • Rotating 'T' center post to accommodate a multitude of different builds.
  • Post holes large enough to accommodate 4 strands of 22 gauge. So twisted builds will be no problem.
  • PEEK insulators with a melting point of 650°F.
  • 22mm form factor.
As you can see, the creator of this piece really put a great deal if thought and effort into this design....and he has succeeded in creating an atty that truly performs.

fjgotgame24

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
North Jersey
Dcvapor has it for 10 bux cheaper but of course I found that out after I impulse purchased @ kidney puncher lol. I usually wait too long and have to scavenge my way to find something of good quality but this one attracts me on so many levels that I dont even care about the extra 10 bux, hopefully Kidney Puncher will put it in a fancier packaging and help cut losses. :p
PRE-ORDER Plumeveil by Aethertech - Rebuildable Drip Atomizers (RDA) - Tanks.

Philip Eddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aethertech is notorious for pushing back release dates, the Caesura mod is made by them as well, I have the brass edition and waited for it's release. the atty will be worth the wait though I believe, I'm on a wait list for one as well. I have seen and vaped one of the prototypes, it will be highly sought after.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
It seems like they keep changing stuff on this rda and pushing the release back. Everytime I see a new pic something is different on it. I really cant wait to get this, it seems so interesting. It was supposed to ship out the 30th to the companies but they havent received that notification yet, so I assume they pushed it back again. On another note I saw that that clone company Infinite has made there own design for an rda, and it looks damn near exactly like the plume veil, with a Tobh top cap.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
Seems to have too may features for them all to work. That's just me; hopefully I'm wrong.

BUT, Peek is not rated for 650F LOL! That is just a spec someone got from the interwebs (prob wikipeia). Peek's operational temp tops out at 480F. Even if it was Teflon Peek it would still be limited to 500F and to boot Teflon fumes are highly toxic! Not saying you could get an atty past 500F all juiced up but do you really what that in something you're vaping on..

I'm pretty weary about any vendor that overstates their specs. So, like I said I would love to wrong about this atty. It looks nice... but not interested in pre-ordering. Maybe if I was a flipper of atties I would be.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Looks cool. I wonder where it gets the air flow through the negative posts and if it's through the 510 will it leak?
If you look at some other pictures you can see that there are holes drilled horizontally directly under the negative post, from inside the well to the outside of the deck edge. Does not appear to use the 510 for anything other than electrical contact. It appears the round lower holes in the top cap can align to the holes drilled under the negative post.

See picture:
plum_1.jpg

It's not terribly clear to see, but you can just see the horizontal holes under the negative posts, they go clean through.

Edit: The top most part of the top cap has three notches in it, which would allow you to use just one, or both of the horizontal slits for air supply, meaning that you can use it in both dual and single coil mode and both modes would have adjustable air flow by turning the top most portion of it until the desired holes are open/closed. Then it also appears there are a smaller and larger hole that would line up with the air hole under the negative posts, it would also appear that depending on the position of your coil you could actually use all the airflow options at once and adjust them all at once, independently. Also appears you can completely close off the entire slits or the air holes under the negative posts. Very slick design, I like what I see very much!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread