Plz help regarding Mini Protank 3 Upgraded coil rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadix

Aug 13, 2014
Recently I bought a mini Protank 3. Turned out it has a new type of coil. This is the coil : hxxp://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server2800/13r9u32/products/518/images/1530/upgraded_dual_coil__67331.1405390450.1280.1280.jpg?c=2 (change hxxp to http as I'm not be able to post links)

Is this coil rebuildable? I tried to disassemble it but no luck.

Or, Is mini protank 2's coil fit in mini protank 3? I know it's only single coil but I think I can make it dual.

Retro Man

Moved On
Aug 5, 2014
Heartland of America
  • Deleted by DreamWithin
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Shadix

Aug 13, 2014
Thx retro man. Yes, I'm familiar with rebuilding coil. The reason I want to rebuild my own atty is I live in Indonesia, and it's extremely hard to get parts as there's no PV store in my town. I have to order parts from Jakarta(the capital of Indonesia). Both the price (around 6-7 US$ per coil) and the shipping cost are killing me.. Shipping from overseas is no option either. On the opposite side, the analog cig are very, very cheap here. You can get a pack for 1.5 US$. This make my switchover from analog to PV very hard related to budget.

So, indeed there's no way to rebuid the Protank 3 BDC.. Thanks. I guess I'll try to make modification to Protank 2 coil as you suggested.

Hi Shadix,

They most certain can be rebuilt but will require technical expertise and knowledge of ohm current. Do you have an ohm reader? You will need one. It can be very dangerous to rebuild if you don't know what you're doing. You can work with the single coils and use them in the Protank 3 by applying a second gasket from another coil over the single coil (reverse flip over) but in my experience you are better off using the BDC for the Protank 3. Kanger has made upgrades to the coils, they have no wick exposure and perform great. I suggest you go with those to get a good vape. They are priced very reasonable as well, you can get 5 for $10 and that should last you an entire month, good deal. Check out []Electronic Cigarette - Best Electronic Cigarette - Vapor Cigarette Electronic Cigarettes - evape.us[/url] they have the Kanger coils and will be getting upgrades soon. The juices are real good as well.

Shadix

Aug 13, 2014
Thx retro man. Yes, I'm familiar with rebuilding coil. The reason I want to rebuild my own atty is I live in Indonesia, and it's extremely hard to get parts as there's no PV store in my town. I have to order parts from Jakarta(the capital of Indonesia). Both the price (around 6-7 US$ per coil) and the shipping cost are killing me.. Shipping from overseas is no option either. On the opposite side, the analog cig are very, very cheap here. You can get a pack for 1.5 US$. This make my switchover from analog to PV very hard related to budget.

So, indeed there's no way to rebuid the Protank 3 BDC.. Thanks. I guess I'll try to make modification to Protank 2 coil as you suggested.

Hi Shadix,

They most certain can be rebuilt but will require technical expertise and knowledge of ohm current. Do you have an ohm reader? You will need one. It can be very dangerous to rebuild if you don't know what you're doing. You can work with the single coils and use them in the Protank 3 by applying a second gasket from another coil over the single coil (reverse flip over) but in my experience you are better off using the BDC for the Protank 3. Kanger has made upgrades to the coils, they have no wick exposure and perform great. I suggest you go with those to get a good vape. They are priced very reasonable as well, you can get 5 for $10 and that should last you an entire month, good deal. Check out []Electronic Cigarette - Best Electronic Cigarette - Vapor Cigarette Electronic Cigarettes - evape.us[/url] they have the Kanger coils and will be getting upgrades soon. The juices are real good as well.

Shadix

Aug 13, 2014
The new style kanger heads are almost impossible to pull apart to rebuild (by design I'm sure). Luckily the older type dual coils will fit. Infact under the chimney they are identical. Go online and stock up on the older style dual coils and you will be set

Well, at last I successfully rebuild this "upgraded" coil.. wohoo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread