Poly-fill question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Hey guys,
I went to walmart and bought me a bag of poly-fill. I opened it up and it is super silky soft, it doesnt feel anything like the tiny bag of poly-fill i bought from an ecig supplier. Its so soft i cant keep my hand out of it lol. Will this stuff still work for my cartidges? Guess i should try it, just worried about it melting.

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Well i went ahead and gave this stuff a go in my cartridge, after trimming down the bits that didnt want to stay down and washing it well. So far its vaping pretty good, no strange flavor and i am checking it after every 5 puffs or so to check for melting. So far nothing bad. It also doesnt seem to be drying out as quickly as the rougher poly fill i have from an ecig vendor. Hopefully it continues to preform well for me. I'll update if something bad happens, or if it keeps performing well.

kornesque

Mar 27, 2011
Portsmouth VA, USA
After seeing numerous suggestions on this stuff, I also picked up a bag. I agree that it wants to poof, and is hard to ball up to get into the cart, but once it's there and trimmed works just fine. I rinsed mine in alcohol and water first. Some flavor of straw mod might help keep it in place if that's an issue, but if it's in there just tight enough the atty should put it where it needs to go.

$3 for infinite filler? I'm gonna try it for a while.

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Well, i've been using the fluffy fluff for a bit now and have gotten no melting of the filler at all...i would get a melted spot on my old rough filler where it touched the bridge after a day or two of using it. As for flavor i cant really comment i'm going through a taste phase..:( vapor is great. No immediate ill effects i can see so far...I probably wont buy the same filler again should i need to, but since i've got it, it seems to be working great.

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Ok after a while of using the super silky fluffy poly-fill i've decided its not worth using in cartridges. Its not melting or singeing..it just DOES NOT like going into the cartridges and staying there. I found some black foam from a shopvac filter type R at walmart, that someone suggested and bought some quit batting polyfill i'm hoping i can use. The silky stuff is good for filling my EGO mega cartomizers which i've modded out by dremeling out a small hole to remove/clean/rinse/replace the inside filler, so yay.

OH the black foam is being a pain for me so far, i cant seem to get enough of it in the mega cartridge for the type B mega atty. I keep getting flooding, even tho i've cut a large piece and rolled it up so it fits snug....SIGH. These cartridges are really being a pain.

ScooterGirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
CT
You want to make sure that the poly-fill you are using hasn't been treated with flame ......ants. Liquid of any kind can leach the ......ant which is why aquarists always use untreated poly-fill. Instead of going the expensive route at your local fish shop, go to Michaels and get a big bag of 100% untreated poly. Lot's cheaper and no worry about chemicals; I used it in my fish tanks and so far (after 3 years) no damage to my sensitive fish and even more sensitive corals. I never knew my salt water friends would serve as a testing ground for cartridge filler material!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread