polycarbonate tanks muting flavor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Florida
I have noticed a slight difference in taste between a carto and when using a tank ... it is a subtle difference but I have been noticing this ever since I started using a tank ... my first tank was a cheap $12 polycarbonate tank ... I've tried other tanks and still notice a difference in flavor between a tank and carto (usually 3.0 ohm Boges or 1.7 ohm Resurrectors) (Infinity Pro and LT)

before you tell me to clean my tank, I do ... my cleaning is just running a tissue thru the inside to dry off any juice ... I realize there is probably some residual juice that is maybe absorbed by the poly, but the difference I notice is not tasting another flavor ... it's almost a muting of whatever flavor I have in there ... using a carto only, the flavor seems to be a bit more intense ... again, this is a very subtle difference,and it happens with any juice ... does anyone else notice this ?

I'm guessing the polycarbonate has something to do with it ... I'm wondering if a pyrex tank would solve my minor dilemma ... I like the idea of pyrex and would prefer to stay away from a polypropylene tank (still plastic)

I don't mind paying the high price of a pyrex tank ... IF it resolves the taste difference

I guess my real question is: are there any pyrex tank users who can say with conviction that they get a noticeably cleaner taste over poly tanks ? ... and will your pyrex tank deliver the same taste as when using a carto only ?

thank you

Last edited:

yuttynutt

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2011
Minnesota
I also had this issue, I assumed it was more of a wicking issue. If I dripped some liquid into my carto I noticed that the flavor is more prominent. So I widened the hole in my carto just a little bit to allow more juice to flow in, seems to have helped a bit. I am thinking of switching to a glass or ss tank though.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have issues with polycarbonate. Not only can they crack or even melt with some "vicious" e-liquids (cinnamon, citrus), but I believe the plastic can leach into all juices. I still use some clearomizers, but for my tanks I've gone polypropylene all the way. It's been my experience that the polycarbonate tanks are more likely to leak, too.

Accessories - PBDragon.com

http://www.myvaporstore.com/510_Pro_DCTank_Combo_p/510dctp.htm

I now have several of these in frosted and different colors. You can still easily see your juice levels, and the polypropylene (syringe plastic) is much stronger and thicker than the polycarbonate ones. I like the better fitting metal endcaps, too. The 3.5 ml and 5 ml tanks perform equally; same length, different diameters. Note that the colors in real life are not as intense as the website display. Not one leak with these, easy to fill, great flavor and plume.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread