Popular mech mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young_crouton

Jan 6, 2014
Florida
Hello, I've had an mvp 2 for a few months now and I'm looking to get a mech mod the only problem is I don't know any besides the nemesis! I've heard the nemesis is hard to get ahold of and I'm not really into clones. Now for my questions!
1. What are some common/popular mech mods?

2. What will I need to get vaping on one? (Battery, fuse)

Please feel free to also post pics of your own and thanks for helping!

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
You need a little knowledge in electricity for battery safety..

Good batteries and chargers are the most important things for vaping..

Do you know if you want to use RBAs or not?.. or really, are you going to use anything that gets its airflow from the 510 connection?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=565483
Since you have the funding, check out this thread..a lot of nice authentic kits.

I currently have only been using my 4nine with drippers..I still love my atomo and turtle ship though.. the 4nine is a great mod, but it takes a little more attention when using new atomizers with it. You could dead short a battery if the 510 positive pin on the atomizer is too short..

Young_crouton

Jan 6, 2014
Florida
You need a little knowledge in electricity for battery safety..

Good batteries and chargers are the most important things for vaping..

Do you know if you want to use RBAs or not?.. or really, are you going to use anything that gets its airflow from the 510 connection?

-High-End Mechanicals and Atomizers-Pictures & Discussion Round 2-
Since you have the funding, check out this thread..a lot of nice authentic kits.

I currently have only been using my 4nine with drippers..I still love my atomo and turtle ship though.. the 4nine is a great mod, but it takes a little more attention when using new atomizers with it. You could dead short a battery if the 510 positive pin on the atomizer is too short..

Yea I want to use RBAs! I started with an Igo-w and I'm also looking for some good RBAs if you could help me with that as well! Also what's the difference between a dripper and a RBA?

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
A dripper/ReBuildable Dripping atomizer/RDA is your igo. ReBuildable Atomizer/RBA is associated with all types..Rebuildable Tank Atomizer/RTA

Kayfun is one of the best and easiest tank setups. You won't be fogging rooms up, but the flavor is phenomenal.. fogger v4 is a nice tank too..better vapor production than kayfun, $30, glass tank.

Check out the gus lord..or kiss.. get a estia with the same lord or kiss engraving with matching drip tip...beautiful.

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
North Las Vegas, Nevada,U.S.A.
If you like top button devices, then the Poldiac is worth looking into @ Homepage | mmvapors.com and for a bottom side-fire you can look into the Dominus Fecit "Lord's Edition". The Dominus has all copper contacts, a self-adjusting bottom post and a switch that functions with ONE magnet. Dominus Mods | Ecig Mods & Accessories ......and even though I own a Chi_You, I strongly dislike bottom fire devices and can't help you in that department. Everyone you ask will have their own biases, so listen to everything with a grain of salt and pick a Mech. that makes YOU happy.

...and what suspectK wrote above.

Last edited:

Joka

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
CleVegas TN.
Get a nemesis clone ($25), and get a magnet upgrade for the switch ($10) Sony vtc4 batteries (2 for $17) and a charger. I vote nemesis because their versatile for all batteries, fuse, kick2, magnets if desired. Good performance and not a wallet killer. Check Em out, tons of choices with the finish.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
I have a couple of clone mods, would love a nice authentic one but I am fiddling about with clones for now.
That said:
I have the $25 FT Nemesis clone and like it a lot.
Yep, the button was a bit crunchy to start with, I gave it some love with a file and some sandpaper, put 3 of the FT magnets in it. The button is sorted now. Buttahsmooth...

Found the local vape shop has a real Nemesis (used but nice). Wants to trade my eVic and a couple of bux for it. Now I gotta try to repossess my eVic from my wife to get this done (uh-oh).

Whatever device you choose, There is more to using a mech than using a regulated mod. A lot more actually.

More important than the actual device you choose is the knowledge you need to have to use your new device safely. As others have said (all over these fourms);

1.) Use a battery that has ample current.
2.) Know how much current your build is going to use. This means get a decent meter and know how to use it.
3.) Understand and be comfortable with the fact that YOU are now the only safety feature. It is all on you to protect yourself from short circuits, over discharge, accidental operation and anything else that can and will go wrong (any of the listed incidents can and will vent your battery for you).

No need for fear, but respect for the potential contained in the battery is important.

I love playing with my mechs. Great tinker fix for me.

I hope you do also!

Young_crouton

Jan 6, 2014
Florida
I have a couple of clone mods, would love a nice authentic one but I am fiddling about with clones for now.
That said:
I have the $25 FT Nemesis clone and like it a lot.
Yep, the button was a bit crunchy to start with, I gave it some love with a file and some sandpaper, put 3 of the FT magnets in it. The button is sorted now. Buttahsmooth...

Found the local vape shop has a real Nemesis (used but nice). Wants to trade my eVic and a couple of bux for it. Now I gotta try to repossess my eVic from my wife to get this done (uh-oh).

Whatever device you choose, There is more to using a mech than using a regulated mod. A lot more actually.

More important than the actual device you choose is the knowledge you need to have to use your new device safely. As others have said (all over these fourms);

1.) Use a battery that has ample current.
2.) Know how much current your build is going to use. This means get a decent meter and know how to use it.
3.) Understand and be comfortable with the fact that YOU are now the only safety feature. It is all on you to protect yourself from short circuits, over discharge, accidental operation and anything else that can and will go wrong (any of the listed incidents can and will vent your battery for you).

No need for fear, but respect for the potential contained in the battery is important.

I love playing with my mechs. Great tinker fix for me.

I hope you do also!

Thanks!

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Nemesis is the Honda civic of the mech world. Cheap, works well, lots of various accessories.

The JD Stingray is starting to take that roll. Out of the box it nicer than the nemesis.

Fuse isnt necessary if you have done a little a homework.

Quality charger is something you dont want to skip on.

As mentioned sony VTC and the purple Efest are as good as they come.

Every mech users needs at least one dripper and a tank. So if you dont rebuild yet well it is time for even more homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread