Possible PIF Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
I would have to say that one of the best parts of this forum are the pay it forward threads. Everyone's generosity is overwhelming. Not only has it been a huge blessing but it has also been very practical and helpful. Not everyone can afford to try all of the different flavors from all of the different vendors, so for all of you who give freely, I thank you.

Here's my issue: My concern is that people are cutting ejuice and paying it forward. Here's one example I'll give you. One of my favorite eliquids is Wyatt Earp from FSUSA and I have been trying to collect it, so I am very familiar with its color and flavor. Here lately, I have been getting really sensitive to higher nicotine levels and apprear to be keeping me awake. So to resolve this, I have been cutting it down. For instance I'll take 1ml of Wyatt Earp and I'll add 1ml of pure Glycerin. Obviously this changes the color and weakens the flavor as well. So I am sure you can all see my concern when I accept and offer on the PIF thread and get samples of Wyatt Earp from FSUSA and it looks and tastes just like my own eliquid that I have been cutting 50/50 with Glycerin.

By all means, I'm not accusing anyone person or single anyone out, but there have been many instances where I have received ejuices that I'm familiar with and they are a bit off and even seems like they have a high level of fluidity. Now don't get me wrong, I too cut eliquid for my personal use and reasons, but if I were to ever send it off on PIF, I would certainly tell the people what I have done to it. I also understand that there is some flexibilty here because all eliquids come in different % so everything will not be the same, but when you always buy the same flavor from the same vendor and things usually seem to be the same then get something in the PIF and it is different, it kind of sends up a red flag. Considering that the PIF is based on the honor system, I think we just need to be honest and upfront with each other, personally it doesn't bother me that much if something is weakened, I just want to know about it. What does bother me is the idea of someone cutting eliquid with the purpose or intent of trying to accept bigger and bigger offers. In reality there is not a need to try and cheat people because the people in this forum are very generous and kind hearted.

All in all, I am not trying to point any fingers and I really am greatful for this thread, just thought I would share my thoughts. So if anyone has giving me anything recently.. I'm not talking about you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
Regardless of what your intent is. Whether it is to bring the issue to the forefront, or to simply inquire of other peoples opinions.. It is not something that should or needs to be posted out in the open.

Things like this almost always cause some sort of drama and give Jules and UR headaches. You should privately confront a moderator about your concerns and go from there.

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Florida, US
well cutting to accept bigger offers is stupid in it's own right as the way it works is no matter the size of the offer - u take the offer - no matter what it is - and put up what u can and/or are WILLING to part w/. can b a grandoise offer, could b a carto of .... lint (joke for sallana) but could b a couple pre-filled carts still in package. the idea is to pay it forward, not pay it equal. if u have a lot and u repeatedly put up little then it's not only u'r own conscience u'd have to deal w/ but eventually a pattern would b noticed.

I myself am a decent example, i participate when i have the resources (mainly the$$ to send) other than that i usually work in PM and make trades and deals amassing stuff in the deals that way when i can send again i have stuff to PIF. some ppl give all they can when they can, i've seen patterns of ppl that when they have plenty they give out huge orders, then when they have next to nothing because they gave such a huge order they take a decent sized order and give a little, rinse, lather, repeat. but the ppl who consistantly take huge offers and give tiny bits over and over and over again. after awhile those get noticed too.

but i definately see no reason to cut juice for it. i think it's more likely that some1 was vaping it, cut it down, found a new flavor that became their main, they forgot about it and PIF'd it not realizing or remembering it was cut down. knowing this group, that seems the most likely scenario.

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
I havent personally noticed this, but then again Ive always taken items im NOT familiar with..good observations my man. We cant exactly call ppl out for this, as it IS free, but yes, if we change liquids, we need to inform others or keep them for personal. For PIF, liquids should remain in factory condition though. DIY is for altered or created items, and must be specified to maintain integrity of the group.

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
I think the only drama that is going t come from this post ... is from the people who want to see drama and start posting neg comments one here. If the mod dosent remove it then it must be fine. If your worried about the drama that may come from this thread... then try to be apart of the solution and leave some kind of positive feedback like everyone has been doing.

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
  • Deleted by Jules22871

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I am going to leave this thread for now. If I see it heading into the drama direction I will not only close it, but delete it and possible infractions could occur.

Now, having said that, liquid is made in batches. You can order the same thing a dozen times and it be the same way. The 13th time you order it it could be different. The suppliers are always tweaking their recipes and making changes. I honestly don't think anyone on here right now would purposely cut the liquid and PIF it to get more bang for the buck.

I warn you all, be careful how you word things in this thread. We don't want drama of any kind.

Edit to add: If you feel that someone has sent you cut liquid, you should contact a mod and not post it on the board.

Last edited:

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
Demon and Jules both have perfect points on liquid variances. With what has happened semi- recently, folks have caught onto the fact ppl watch, and we have enough rogues in the forum that speak up when they see something blatant, or regular. Its a comfy place now..But I gotta admit a good portion of that is thanks owed to those rogue watchmen :glare: I know if I question someone, I can ask a mod, or a pif vet...you saw how fast Jules saw this thread..nuff said :2cool:

I'm going to weigh in here. I'd be certain personally before I posted a public thread about something like that. Matter of fact if I was that certain I would surely contact a mod as well. Hear me out for a minute......you haven't been around long, I could easily since you cited a specified brand and supplier of juice narrow down the offer it was in. I have no interest in doing that, because I've been vaping long enough to realize juice can and does vary.

A bottle of juice that may have been sitting for 2 months because someone didn't care and decided to PIF it is going to be different than one that's fresh, you vape long enough you'll run into that. You didn't call anyone one out personally, but you came pretty darn close if you ask me. Plain, simple, take it to a mod. IMO I don't believe with the specials they run at their prices someone is running around cutting samples of that juice.

boB

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
I'm planning to PIF some of my beloved Waffle juice. It will be my first PIF ever. But, there have been some known inconsistencies in the color. Not sure about flavor though. I haven't noticed any. But yeah, with that said, I hope no one thinks that I cut the waffle juice down at all. Maybe I'll PIF the really dark batches that I have just to be sure hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread