Status
Not open for further replies.

toothboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
Fayetteville, AR
I'm using an Innokin iTaste SVD 2.0.

I run RBA with coils ranging from 1.0-1.4 ohm, usually in the 1.1-1.2 range, at 15.5 watts.

I cannot seem to get more than a couple hours out of a battery, and I hear people talking about batteries lasting them 1 or 2 days. What gives?

I would say my vaping ranges from moderate to heavy at times.

18650 Batteries I'm using are:

Sony VTC-4
Samsung INR18650-25R
Efest 2250 (10amp)
Panasonic CGR18650CH

Anybody have any suggestions? Different battery? Anything?

Thanks.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm using an Innokin iTaste SVD 2.0.

I run RBA with coils ranging from 1.0-1.4 ohm, usually in the 1.1-1.2 range, at 15.5 watts.

I cannot seem to get more than a couple hours out of a battery, and I hear people talking about batteries lasting them 1 or 2 days. What gives?

I would say my vaping ranges from moderate to heavy at times.

18650 Batteries I'm using are:

Sony VTC-4
Samsung INR18650-25R
Efest 2250 (10amp)
Panasonic CGR18650CH

Anybody have any suggestions? Different battery? Anything?

Thanks.

This site gives a Rough, Ball Park Estimation of battery run-time.

As Rossum mentioned, vape time in hours and or days is kinda Meaningless.

It's like saying that I only have to fill my Gas Tank in my car once a month. But not saying how many Miles you drive.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Using a Nitecore charger and yes it is charging to 4.2v.
OK, are you vaping it to the point where the mod refuses to fire any more? And if so, what voltage does the battery show when you pull it?

Using an IGO-W RBA.

Not sure about how much liquid per charge but it doesn't seem like much.
It would probably be worthwhile to find a way to quantify that.

toothboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
Fayetteville, AR
Well I've found the problem, but don't really know what the solution is.

Since I posted, recently I noticed my battery life seeming shorter and shorter. I hadn't measured the voltage of the battery after the SVD wouldn't fire any more--stupid me, I know--so I started doing that. The batteries were still reading around 3.8v when the SVD refused to fire (and had the "check battery" notification on the screen). According to the manual, it's supposed to fire until the battery reaches 3.1v, so as you can see I'm WAY above that.

So apparently the device is the problem. Guess I got a lemon. I haven't heard much in terms of faulty DNA Evolv chips, but I guess that's always a possibility. I doubt it's still under warranty but I'm going to contact the vendor anyway.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Yeah, the problem seems to be the SVD cutting out way sooner than it should. As Chinese manufacturers do not service malfunctioning products, you'll need to buy another mod or continue putting up with the SVD. Maybe try an American made APV this time around. ;)
Yihi does service their mods, so that doesn't apply to all Chinese mods. Not sure about Innokin, but some vendors (eg Fasttech) do provide rather good warranties.

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread