Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
went to po to mail package to ecf member. was asked the normal "anything fragile, liquid, perishable, etc" then was ask if package had any rechargable lithium batteries or chargers. NOW THATS A NEW ONE

Give it time. This will become normal practice. Lithium batteries need to be properly packaged with warnings as they are Hazardous. USPS will probably never knowingly handle shipping by individuals.

Charger - that one is odd. No reason not to ship.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
The post office asked me about batteries. I had a DOA eGo and had already packaged it. Pulled my functioning eGo out of my purse, and showed it to him. He said that should be fine and left it at that. No extra charges. Other than not getting my mail until 5 pm they aren't so bad. Now the local branch of FedEx :( way more money and they always take longer.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
WOW!! just about all the answers about how everyone lies to the post office. lithium batteries are no joke and should be wrapped and packaged correctly. the casual way everyone seems to not care and then the outrage when the post office puts new rules in effect amazes me. yeah, your mail carrier doesn't "have a clue" until something happens because someone messes up- then, I bet, when they find out who sent it you'll "have a clue"!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Don't lie to the post office.

I've shipped several li-ion batteries and will be shipping two more later this week. The batteries are shipped in off mode and have short circuit, low voltage and cutoff protection. They are wrapped separately and securely.

I buy my postage online and schedule pickups. I've been asked about fragile, hazardous, etc and always tell the carrier that it's electronic gear that's been properly packaged for shipping.

I will note however, that [the site which shall not be mentioned outside of the FastTech thread] sells VV batteries with no off mode. That means the battery comes to you hot and live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread