Not open for further replies.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Even though this is not something that would normally be allowed in General Discussion, I'm making a temporary exception to policy so people can check in after the storm. After awhile this thread will be unstickied and locked. Please do not start another, just chime in here.

Suppliers have their own thread in the e-cigarette suppliers forum and should not post here.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...346407-suppliers-post-sandy-check-thread.html

Dominicanto

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2012
New York City
My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones and property to this storm. I'm in NYC, but am among the lucky ones living in Upper Manhattan near the highest natural point on the island - we lost nothing other than peace of mind for a few days. I've been transporting family from Long Island and Queens here while they wait for power and services to be restored. Feels a bit like I'm running a shelter at the moment, but counting my blessings my family has the ability to do this. Best to everyone out there affected by the storm (especially in Jersey - poor state, indeed...).

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
My thoughts and prayers to ALL those affected by this storm. I woke up Tuesday considering myself lucky as the storm made a cameo in MA, and watched as many were heavily affected in other areas. So many of those considered themselves blessed by having themselves and each other. My best wishes for good health and a speedy recovery in your lives.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
We got some tidal flooding and wind here in my part of VA on the coast but I kept power throughout the whole thing. We got lucky. I do not have words for those in the NJ/NY area. It is a very sad thing to witness and I am sure it is much worse to experience it. My thoughts are with everyone affected by this storm.

zuzette

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
Colorado
I am sorry to hear about y'all that lost so much!
I hope to read some recovery stories on this thread soon. I know it will take a while to even begin to see some relief. I am an atheist so I wont offer prayers but I am working in my own way to help get things back to normal. and i just wanted to post a note to let you all know i care about what is happening there.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
The DC metro area didn't get hit as bad as NY/NJ/etc. I never lost power but plenty of people between here and in southern Maryland did I believe. Everything is OK. Great thread.

BTW: Not trying to make light of such a serious situation, but has anybody ever told you that you look just like Titus Welliver?

DummyMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
North Carolina
Well, We survived the storm. Everyone in my family is safe, our houses are still standing. We lost power about 9 PM Monday & just got it back at 3 PM today. The house was getting quite cold, but we made it through. We have a gas stove & have a great freezer, so we didn't starve. Of course we have a well, with no electricity, no water. I truly thank God for keeping us through these trying times.

But, on a happier note, I had enough vaping supplies to keep me going! If I didn't, I couldn't have bought cigs, not many stores open & any open gas stations have 3 - 4 hour waits & they are too far to walk to!

MamaBird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
I am doing well and there wasn't much property damage around me. Unfortunately though, my work is still without power and remains closed. They have been closed for a week now, and hoping to be able to reopen tomorrow. keeping my fingers crossed because I really nee to make money. But thankful no real damage occurred.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Still no power, our town is a wreck with downed trees and power lines, schools closed with no power, and it is so cold with no heat. Got a tad of power left in my laptop and stealing internet from neighbor across the street with a generator.

Through all this we have gotten mail every day, I can go to a movie or the mall if only there weren't 3 hour waits in line for gasoline. It is almost surreal what works and what doesn't when infrastructure falls apart. We may get power later in the week.

I'm luckier than most around here and keep charging my ecig batteries.

Thanks for thinking about us in the path of Sandy.

Mymamacat

Jul 24, 2012
Ny
I'm doing fine after Hurricane Sandy but my area and state was hit pretty hard. 50+ homes near where I live were burned down during the storm, lots of downed trees that I've witnessed, a few landed on top of houses and cars, and lots of areas are flooded including subway systems, tunnels, etc.

We live in the rockaways and lost everything except our vehicles. The boardwalk ended up blocking our street nearly taking my vehicle with it. Luckily it only knocked our one the car windows. My tires have sand in them lol thermostat no longer works but it still runs. Finally made it into Brooklyn tonight. Hubby and I were literally out of our vehicles with our three cats. We literally have enough eliquid to get thru tomorrow so I'm worried hubby will be te
mpted to grab a pack of analogs. Time to start checking around for a fresh supply to get us thru til the gas situation improves a bit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread