Postal Problems? share your story

Status
Not open for further replies.

magentamsi

Aug 26, 2015
Idk if it's a problem yet, but I bought a new ego passthrough, and an aspire ce4, and am waiting on my Vapor4Life Zues replacement. One was supposed to come yesterday and the other two today. All three say that they were dispatched from the USPS facility, and nothing since, the one due yesterday's last activity is Aug 30, today's are both Aug 31. They could still come in today, obviously, but both come from stores clearly labeled, "Vapor" which I know is commonly stolen. I have had no freaking nicotine for 3 days so I'm on high alert, lol.
That got me thinking of all the times USPS screwed me over, and wondering about other victims' stories. Since the perfect storm of USPS [removed] the past two years and vape mail being stolen, I imagine there are a lot of stories to tell.
The worst I had was incorrectly delivered mail show up days later after they decided it wasn't worth stealing... after they opened it and checked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zenclouds

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
both come from stores clearly labeled, "Vapor" which I know is commonly stolen.

Yes, I imagine a lot of postal workers would risk a FEDERAL CRIME (not to mention their jobs which puts food on the table) for a package of cheapo chinese stuff that they could buy for under $50.

some of you are kinda delusional about this stuff; either that, or you have never spent the day in a postal facility, or actually WORKED in one.:rolleyes:

As for stories.....On my end..........3+ years vaping, 100% of my products delivered (within 3-4 days of ETA)..........

add that to 62 years of 10,000 packages to and from me ........a lifetime of receiving and sending, thanks to USPS.

IF you don't like them, ask your vendor to ship FedEx ......if you don't mind paying $20 extra for it. The only package I ever had lost was FedEx. :)

I have had no freaking nicotine for 3 days so I'm on high alert.

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering, but because you were ill-prepared, it appears you are trying to scapegoat the USPS..........even to the point of accusing other people of STEALING.....this is sad..

Next time you order, order extra, and/or buy some pg/vg nicotine solution and have on hand in the freezer.............THAT way, when you run out of ejuice, you can vape unflavored. ;)

Hope your package comes today.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
It's not uncommon for there to be a small delay like you're having. Tracking not updating is not uncommon either. I have order numerous items that have vapor in the return address and that doesn't affect me getting packages or not. Packages aren't commonly stolen, so that's a bad assumption on your part. My slowest packages were buying from someone in the classifieds. My most problems were buying something from the classifieds where maybe a package was a bit crushed.

It sucks you're 3 days now without Nicotine, but that's why we always say to be prepared. If you have a week left of e-juice or 2-3 tanks left, order now. That way you get the mail before you run into the situation you're in.

My package delays were in the winter time. Not like we have snow in Alabama, but northern states do and that caused some delays for me. One package I had looked like it was ran over but nothing was broke inside. Another package had e-juice with 2 bottles broken. Things happen, tracking doesn't always update. I've had packages from vendors go from "Shipping label created" straight to "Delivered in/at front door".

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
had good luck with them overall - nothing lost, vape-wise, thus far - though their tracking kinda sucks wet farts out of dead pigeons...

IMHO biggest mistake USPS made was to provide free tracking, it causes people to "micro-manage" every second of their mail, hour by hour, minute by minute, day by day.

Here's a story: I had "one" sale like this in the ECF classies (and you can see I have something like 150 successful transactions over 3 years) where the buyer drove me (and USPS) crazy over a package that was a day or 2 late (they lived in one of largest cities in the US, during winter storms no less).

I basically wondered if this person did not have anything better to do with their time........but I can say for sure I will "never' do a transaction with them again. :lol:

(item did arrive, everyone at USPS, including their local and the carrier, were more than nice and helpful)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
lol - our tax dollars at work... sorta...

USPS is not supported by tax dollars.

Look it up. :)

Again, more mis information.

The US Postal Service receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.

And by the way, UPS and FedEx pay the Postal Service to deliver hundreds of millions of their ground packages to residences, taking advantage of the Postal Service’s expansive delivery network ---- I received 2 packages this week that were handed off to USPS by Fed Ex and UPS (clothing and shoes I ordered).

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
USPS is not supported by tax dollars.

Look it up. :)

Again, more mis information.

The US Postal Service receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.

And by the way, UPS and FedEx pay the Postal Service to deliver hundreds of millions of their ground packages to residences, taking advantage of the Postal Service’s expansive delivery network ---- I received 2 packages this week that were handed off to USPS by Fed Ex and UPS (clothing and shoes I ordered).
duly noted - feeble attempt at humor redacted

mis information database updated.

carry on.

Moonlitwish

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Charlotte, NC, USA
One time I had a whole stack of mail delivered 2 months late. I think the postal carrier lost it in his truck or something. It had those sale cards the stores send saying "deliver between 11/18 -11/21 and it was January when they showed up. There wasn't anything all that important in that stack, but if it has been vapemail or something else fun (or important), I'd have been pretty PO'd.

*~*moonlitwish*~*

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    This makes no sense. I live in NY(LI). I ordered something from CT location just other side of the Throgs neck bridge barely in CT. Why would you the USPS send it to MA then to NJ then to NY? should have been 2 days at the most was 6 days before it got to me.

Yeah, that Ordering Local thing never worked for me. I've had stuff in my mailbox in 2 days from Ca to the east coast. I just had a DHL delivery from Bulgaria show up on the third mail day, lol.

HighPlainsPuffer

Jul 9, 2015
    in flux
    I've had pretty decent luck with usps, but I have one good story. I shipped my gf a package, she's on the west coast. I payed for the priority shipping. Package went from here to Denver, to north Carolina, to nj, back to Denver, than to San Diego... took 10 days and I paid for two. Think I should have got a partial refund...

Admittedly I prefer them cause I'm usually in no hurry, and I like cheap ;)

zenclouds

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Virginia
    I've never had anything stolen, but I feel like the USPS is deliberately re-routing my packages. Whether its stuff for my business or my own personal packages. I had a package clear customs in New York last Wednesday. They then sent my package to Denver, CO. I live in Virginia, so if anyone can figure that one out, let me know LOL.

I've been waiting on a new juice and it was supposed to be delivered on 8/31 and today the USPS website is just now saying "your package is delayed". Seriously? lol

Firestorm

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chicagoland
    A picture is worth a thousand words:

USPS-Sucks_zps1d11074a.png

The mail loop finally ended and it was delivered after many phone calls and much frustration. It was an international package that I originally mailed out in August to have some parts refinished and it came back to the states as undeliverable and I requested that it be returned to me.

Reactions: zenclouds

zenclouds

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Virginia
    A picture is worth a thousand words:

USPS-Sucks_zps1d11074a.png

The mail loop finally ended and it was delivered after many phone calls and much frustration. It was an international package that I originally mailed out in August to have some parts refinished and it came back to the states as undeliverable and I requested that it be returned to me.
    Wow. That's pure insanity.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    By the way, I was complaining about USPS workers being called thieves by the OP......not the re-routing of packages. :)

This isn't like shoplifting.

Mail theft is a Federal crime, the person faces a fine up to $250,000 and up to 5 years in Federal prison.

It's also a FELONY offense in the United States.

It is pretty far fetched to even think that postal workers are stealing vapor stuff with some increased incidence.....and that there must be a lot of "victim" stories to tell......well, it's a bit delusional. :)

Reactions: LMS62

KattMamma

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2015
    DFW Area, Texas
    I think it's delusional to believe that usps employees are all honest and hard-working people. There are bad eggs in every bunch. I have had good mail carriers and bad. I had one REALLY bad one for a while before I moved. Luckily I have a good carrier now, but when she's on vacation I have trouble getting my mail.

There's a member who has some horrible stories with a ton of (circumstantial) evidence that the carrier is opening packages and stealing what she likes.

I met a weasel who got busted for stealing mail when he was a carrier. I don't think he ever went to prison, but he was on (probation? parole?) when I met him. It does happen.

I do remember when mail delivery was pretty reliable most of the time. But it all went to hell when they closed down a bunch of facilities last year, and I believe they are still closing a few more.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    There's a member who has some horrible stories with a ton of (circumstantial) evidence that the carrier is opening packages and stealing what she likes.

IF the carrier is stealing, then they should be reported. Otherwise, this is no different from just accusations out of thin air. This paranoia / conspiracy stuff really isn't how I think, sorry. It is really not acceptable to me to make baseless accusations.

Like I said, federal crime, prison, loss of job that supports family.

Anybody feels something is wrong, then report it.

The idea that there are a "lot" of vapor packages being stolen, is truly bizarre. (Unfortunately, we live in a society where frustrated people like to blame and scapegoat others. )

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread