HELP with USPS? My new Teal Provari Mini is MIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
First Class and Priority are essentially the same. If you're getting something from the east coast, Priority will be faster than First Class going that distance. Also, any package over 13oz can not go First Class and has to go Priority.

I sell stuff on Ebay for my work and have had well over 10,000 transactions. I'm not new to shipping stuff.
Hmmm. I wondered why some orders do not have a First Class option. But I wondered if recently the Priority handlers who have to track stuff are the ones doing this misrouting. Does First Class get tracked? If not, any chance that lack of process helps?

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
Yes 1st class gets tracked, if you spend 75 cents for it.

Just think, not to get overly political but here goes, the same people who oversee the USPS, and if memory serves, I recently read the USPS is running a $35 million dollar deficit per day, now are overseeing health care, and through the FDA will regulate vaping.......

We are all screwed

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Tell congress to give more funding and help to the USPS. They are cutting help, it is not good. I used to work for the PO years back and it was really bad getting the help we needed. I also once found a Priority envelope stuck in the bottom of Priority mail sack, it got stuck in the sack strings, it was several years old, I sent it on it's way. The workers are so rushed because they are stressed from no help. Working at USPS is no picnic! I am amazed our service is as good as it knowing it from the inside. Vendors should be offering insurance on every shipment, the stuff gets thrown around alot at the sorting facilities, they also move mail with fork lifts, anything could get crushed if is it falls under a wheel. Anyway just so you know, these folks working are going full speed with no help from the top. It is a daunting job. They need to open up the hiring. bnrk

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Hmmm. I wondered why some orders do not have a First Class option. But I wondered if recently the Priority handlers who have to track stuff are the ones doing this misrouting. Does First Class get tracked? If not, any chance that lack of process helps?

Mail pieces with a tracking code get scanned enroute. Priority and First Class are always what gets worked first along with Express, Registered and Certified. bnrk

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA

If you want real tracking with USPS you have to go Express Mail. First Class and Priority only have Delivery Confirmation. It's purpose is to confirm delivery, that's it. It can act as a tracking number if the package is scanned each time, but you can't count on that.

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2009
Florida
I think you'll get it Monday. :)

Racehorse - are you clairvoyant? :laugh:

It's here, it's finally here! It will likely remain a mystery why it took a little jaunt around Central FL, but just glad that it finally made it to its new home. I had it out of the box, powered up and vaping within 15 minutes and it is fabulous.

Thanks all for the feedback and support.

I hope no one thinks I was being overly critical about the USPS in general, because as I said above, I am actually very spoiled by them because of very good delivery times. It was just this one package. However, I will appreciate the excellent service I get in the future even more and not just take it for granted. I personally adore my local mail carrier and I know he works very hard under tough conditions. Anyway, enough said -- thanks for letting me start this multi-page vent.

Cheers! :toast:

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    A co-worker had delivery confirmation that she got an expensive item only she never received it. She was home all day waiting for it to be delivered. When she inquired they said they delivered it along with another package. She didn't have any other packages on the way so she knows it was dropped off at someone's house, not hers. Insurance didn't do any good since they said it was 'delivered'. She lost a lot of money.

If you want real tracking with USPS you have to go Express Mail. First Class and Priority only have Delivery Confirmation. It's purpose is to confirm delivery, that's it. It can act as a tracking number if the package is scanned each time, but you can't count on that.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 14, 2009
    Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
    A co-worker had delivery confirmation that she got an expensive item only she never received it. She was home all day waiting for it to be delivered. When she inquired they said they delivered it along with another package. She didn't have any other packages on the way so she knows it was dropped off at someone's house, not hers. Insurance didn't do any good since they said it was 'delivered'. She lost a lot of money.

That happen to me with a Delivery at my Fla house, my regular mailman was on vaca and the temp delivered a $400 order to a industrial center a 1/2 mile from my house. I never found where it exactly went too, I filed a claim at USPS and its been 2 yrs nothing was ever done and the USPS customer service is the worst I have ever seen, passing the buck from one person to the next until they didnt work there any longer. However, David Yang the owner at Eastmall was so kind and sent me a whole new pkg and that one I got.

I also had a pkg once sent from Bruce at COV and I tracked it all the way till out for delivery, said delivered and never got delivered, filed another claim with my local postmaster, she admitted it was her offices fault, I followed up once a week for over a year, the post mistress was transferred and the person who took over dropped the ball, that one was worth $350, Bruce made it up to me but the USPS never did to this day, bottom line is 2 out of 2 claims filed both never got taken care of, just got to the point I just forgot about both of them I was so ...... off, there was nothing I could do about it. I swear the USPS has the WORST customer service I have ever seen i my life. Then again its a Govt agency there all ran like poop

Give it some time Seabrz, at least it doesnt say delivered, a wrong routed piece of mail will most likely show up at your house. ;)

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there

For expensive items have it sent Certified or Registered, that way you have to sign for it. A signature and a printed name will let the PO know who actually got it, no signature no one knows. Just an FIY :) bnrk

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    That happen to me with a Delivery at my Fla house, my regular mailman was on vaca and the temp delivered a $400 order to a industrial center a 1/2 mile from my house. I never found where it exactly went too, I filed a claim at USPS and its been 2 yrs nothing was ever done and the USPS customer service is the worst I have ever seen, passing the buck from one person to the next until they didnt work there any longer. However, David Yang the owner at Eastmall was so kind and sent me a whole new pkg and that one I got.

I also had a pkg once sent from Bruce at COV and I tracked it all the way till out for delivery, said delivered and never got delivered, filed another claim with my local postmaster, she admitted it was her offices fault, I followed up once a week for over a year, the post mistress was transferred and the person who took over dropped the ball, that one was worth $350, Bruce made it up to me but the USPS never did to this day, bottom line is 2 out of 2 claims filed both never got taken care of, just got to the point I just forgot about both of them I was so ...... off, there was nothing I could do about it. I swear the USPS has the WORST customer service I have ever seen i my life. Then again its a Govt agency there all ran like poop

Give it some time Seabrz, at least it doesnt say delivered, a wrong routed piece of mail will most likely show up at your house. ;)

That was really bad, the postmaster has to file those claims and can call or look up status. I would hound a postmaster as it has to be filed in a certain time frame. I know how frustrating it is getting answers in the PO, even for the workers, they call "upstairs" and it is a run around too. Just be sure to use Certified or Registered mail for very valuable items. Most vendors are sending very expensive items in a bubble wrap bag, ugh! Not a good thing, everything should be boxed and over $100 should be mailed Certified. It is a pet pieve I have with the ecig vendors mailing practices. Anything over $50 should have insurance options. If it is over $100 should be sent Certified. JMO. bnrk

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2009
    Florida
    USPS Priority mail is the slowest. (Well, not counting things ordered from China.)

And how ironic is this? I placed an order with Health Cabin in China on July 28. They shipped from XIAMEN, CHINA PEOPLES REP on July 30 and I received the complete order on Aug 3. Yes, I did pay $16 for EMS shipping, but if you are buying large quantities of bulk stuff, you can't beat the prices.

McDougal

ECF Veteran
    Nov 14, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    I would actually like a "missent" on my tracking page. Unfortunately, a shipment that always takes 2 days is in limbo somewhere, and tracking hasn't updated since yesterday - it "departed" the origin facility, and that's it. I usually will get it today. I have a feeling it's lost, but with first class, you can't make a "lost" claim until 5 business days. Being that Labor Day is Monday, that really sucks.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2012
    Bakersfield
    I had a shipment sent priority from the midwest to the west coast once that took over a week. My mistake, it was shipped the wed before a long weekend. Even though the post office delivered mail that sat, apparently the distribution centers shut down completely. it arrived locally thurs, but then didn't move till the following wed.
    When I pay extra for priority I mistakenly thought that was what I would get.
    It doesn't help when the people at the post office have an attitude of, oh well, that's just the way it is....I was like, do you realize I have been without nic for 24 hours now? It doesn't help to get angry, but there was a certain satisfaction in my fantasies of strangling the guy at the counter of the local post office.

A regional center shutdown? Is that even possible? I thought they ran 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Even stopping for 24 hours would mean a lot of parcels get backed-up into the system.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread