Posting Inline Images? I've read how-to's but still having problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I've read 'retired1's excellent posts and some others about how to insert inline images in a post.

I've tried 'insert image', 'insert media', and 'upload file'. The first two, of course, are looking for a URL and I'm not using one.

I read somewhere about an option to insert image from gallery (I did create an album in media gallery) but haven't been given that option when editing my posts.

I've seen reference to using a BB code but I can't quite fathom the syntax.

When uploading a file I get this: PRAIRIEDOGtwo.jpg
Or sometimes this PRAIRIEDOGtwo.jpg pd2.jpg pd2.jpg
Well, in 'Preview' that's not really working but in one post, I got both an image and 'view attachment ####'(a broken link). Hope someone can help. Thanks!

Oops — well, strangely... that sorta worked...unexpectedly. My last post in another forum was as described above (or below, as the case may be). But clearly, I don't quite know what I'm doing, so results are totally random. And here, the pics are kind of in-line but what line, exactly, are they in? Obviously, could still use some help. Thanks

Last edited:

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
Uploading images into your post is very easy. Make sure the image is saved on your PC somewhere and then click on the "Upload a File" button at the bottom of the reply or start thread page. Select your picture and then click 'open' and the site will upload the picture. Once uploaded you need to click on 'thumbnail' or 'full image' depending on how you want the image presented.Do this before submitting your post. You will see the option listed to select.

Samples below:

Full Image
IMG_1215.JPG

Thumbnail
hqdefault.jpg

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Cut and paste works for me most times. I have a right click option that will allow me to copy image from the internet to my clip board also. If I go to my in computer picture files, I can copy from there too. You might want to experiment using multiple methods to adjust the finish paste results by playing in the sandbox.
re: The Sandbox

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
As Snicks mentioned, I also use the images on my computer to insert in posts. Another option, using those pics, is to simply drag and drop into the post. (you will still have to choose, as Snicks also said, full image or thumbnail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread