Power dipping during draw from sub ohm tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Hair

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2018
I have triedthree different sub ohm tanks in my new Drag 2 and when I drawfrom it thereis a dio in power every so often. I woukd say it i take five draws there is a dio in one. My batteries are lghb2 18650’s they charge externally and are no more than a few months old. I was wondering if this is the device. It is still under thirty days old. Also if it isthe batteries is this a safety concern. They are in mint conditon, checked bear daily and never drained past fifty %. Thanks

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
The Gene fun chip offers:
  • Reverse polarity
  • Puff timeout
  • Over-temp
  • Over current
  • Overcharge
  • Over discharge
  • Short-circuit
  • Balanced charging
There will also be a significant drop in amperage when in TC mode and your wick is dry.

My first thought is that the chip is protecting you from something. It's difficult to say without more info, what mode are you using, tank, etc

Reactions: Storm52

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
What do you mean dip in power?
5 draws back to back could be too fast for the wicking material to re saturate causing a weak dryish hit.

What mode are you using? watt/power mode or a Temp control mode?
If you're using a TC mode with a compatible wire type it is supposed to reduce power to limit temp / help prevent burnt or dry hits.

Are you sure the batteries are authentic, bought from a reputable source?

JJ Hair

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2018
Im using the drag 2 mod in wattage mode. Im using the wattage in the recommended wattage for the coil. I do tend to chain vape a bit but there are long periods between sessions. I am using the Uforce tank/ cleito pro. My coils are .15 .4 and .25 i alway run at recomended wattage. When I say dip in power I mean when I start to draw I full the warmth and the hit then it stoos for a split second then starts again. I draw for under 4 seconds. So maybe it dios for like a millisecond.

JJ Hair

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2018
What do you mean dip in power?
5 draws back to back could be too fast for the wicking material to re saturate causing a weak dryish hit.

What mode are you using? watt/power mode or a Temp control mode?
If you're using a TC mode with a compatible wire type it is supposed to reduce power to limit temp / help prevent burnt or dry hits.

Are you sure the batteries are authentic, bought from a reputable source?
I bought my batteries from Dashvapes i spoke with them about the authenticity of there batteries so I believe they are. I also researches them on my one and the seem to have the trade marks of the real batteries.

JJ Hair

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2018
That's because on a regulated mod it doesn't really mean anything either, you would just be able to tell if the power from your batteries to the atomizer drops at all. Not a big deal.
I spoke with an employee at vapenation where i boughtthe drag if it woukd be the mod if it would be the mod and he said likelythe batterie taking a break more or less he said the lghb2’ s are for 70 w and under but i thought they were good for 69 watts each. If its the nod i want ti return it while i still can

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@JJ Hair – just so I understand, you take a draw from the Drag 2 and you feel the power stops for a slit second while you are taking the hit?

The voltage you see on the screen is no indication of the batteries. It is the applied voltage from the chip that is dictated by both your coil resistance and power setting. Change the resistance or power, and the voltage will change as well. The voltage does fluctuate slightly as current is drawn which is not a constant number.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I spoke with an employee at vapenation where i boughtthe drag if it woukd be the mod if it would be the mod and he said likelythe batterie taking a break more or less he said the lghb2’ s are for 70 w and under but i thought they were good for 69 watts each. If its the nod i want ti return it while i still can

He does not know what he is talking about. Batteries do not take a break. LG HB2 (if those are your cells) are rated for 30amps each, so 90 watts each for a total of 180 watts with 2 cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread