• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Prayer request for my cousin, Lamar

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
When I moved to NW Arkansas more than 3 years ago, Lamar and his wife were very loving and hospitable. His wife and I though had many "run ins" because she's a liberal agnostic and I am anything but that!:lol: However, Lamar is not a believer either. He found out at the end of last week that he has cancer of the esophagus. He was told in Tulsa that he only had about 6 weeks to live. However, he was reassure by an oncologist that this is no longer the case. He's undergoing testing tomorrow to see if it is only in the esophagus or if it has spread. Please keep him in your prayers and for the salvation of both of them.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
When I moved to NW Arkansas more than 3 years ago, Lamar and his wife were very loving and hospitable. His wife and I though had many "run ins" because she's a liberal agnostic and I am anything but that!:lol: However, Lamar is not a believer either. He found out at the end of last week that he has cancer of the esophagus. He was told in Tulsa that he only had about 6 weeks to live. However, he was reassure by an oncologist that this is no longer the case. He's undergoing testing tomorrow to see if it is only in the esophagus or if it has spread. Please keep him in your prayers and for the salvation of both of them.

((((((((((((Prayers for salvation, deliverance & healing for Lamar & Wife))))))))))))))))

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
((((((((((((Prayers for salvation, deliverance & healing for Lamar & Wife))))))))))))))))

I appreciate it. When she had breast cancer about 2 1/2 years ago, I asked if I could post prayer requests for her on Christian forums and she said "for all the good it will do". (She never acknowledged that it did any good...) This time, I asked her the same thing and she immediately said, "Go ahead!"

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I appreciate it. When she had breast cancer about 2 1/2 years ago, I asked if I could post prayer requests for her on Christian forums and she said "for all the good it will do". (She never acknowledged that it did any good...) This time, I asked her the same thing and she immediately said, "Go ahead!"

OOH Yes! Great sign! What's her name?

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
Praying for Lamar and Freeda, that God will give them both strength, comfort, wisdom, guidance, healing, and soften their hearts so that they will accept Him.

Keep us posted on the progress, we are pulling for him! :)

Amen Lisa, praying here as well. Looking forward to hearing an update. :)

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Praying for Lamar and Freeda, that God will give them both strength, comfort, wisdom, guidance, healing, and soften their hearts so that they will accept Him.

Keep us posted on the progress, we are pulling for him! :)

I'm hoping for an update today. I understand that he was getting testing done today to see if it has spread yet or if it's still confined to the esophagus.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
UPDATE: I just spoke to my cousin's wife, Freeda. Lamar had to go into ICU this morning in their "small town emergency room" because he was losing so much blood. They ended up giving him another 4 units of blood today and kept him overnight for observation. They were supposed to be going to see the oncologist in Tulsa for the results of a PET scan that he'd had done. They called the Dr.'s office from the hospital and and explained the situation. They gave him the results over the phone. The oncologist was VERY pleased with the results! The cancer seemed to be limited to the esophagus right now with a very small spot on the liver, but wasn't seen anywhere else. He seemed to think that they could begin radiation therapy to shrink the cancer (hopefully next week) and that would stop the excessive bleeding that Lamar is experiencing. He said that they had caught it early enough that they had a lot of options open to them for treatment. Freeda told me about Lamar's reaction to the news. He started crying and calling out "Thank God! That's what I wanted to hear!" He's not "there" yet, but they seem to be "coming along".:D

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
UPDATE: I just spoke to my cousin's wife, Freeda. Lamar had to go into ICU this morning in their "small town emergency room" because he was losing so much blood. They ended up giving him another 4 units of blood today and kept him overnight for observation. They were supposed to be going to see the oncologist in Tulsa for the results of a PET scan that he'd had done. They called the Dr.'s office from the hospital and and explained the situation. They gave him the results over the phone. The oncologist was VERY pleased with the results! The cancer seemed to be limited to the esophagus right now with a very small spot on the liver, but wasn't seen anywhere else. He seemed to think that they could begin radiation therapy to shrink the cancer (hopefully next week) and that would stop the excessive bleeding that Lamar is experiencing. He said that they had caught it early enough that they had a lot of options open to them for treatment. Freeda told me about Lamar's reaction to the news. He started crying and calling out "Thank God! That's what I wanted to hear!" He's not "there" yet, but they seem to be "coming along".:D

Seeds starting to take root..... :)

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
I spoke to Freeda last night by phone. They are staying with her brother and sister-in-law outside of Tulsa since Lamar has started going through both chemo and radiation therapy there. He says that he's feeling better. She said that he's eaten more this week than he has in the past couple of weeks. He's still "losing" a lot of blood and consequently, they keep giving him more units (like 8 units in 2 days). He doesn't seem to be sickened (yet) by the treatments. The oncologist seems to think that once they get further into the treatments to shrink the tumors that the bleeding will stop. Both Lamar and Freeda sound "hopeful" and appreciate the prayers.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I spoke to Freeda last night by phone. They are staying with her brother and sister-in-law outside of Tulsa since Lamar has started going through both chemo and radiation therapy there. He says that he's feeling better. She said that he's eaten more this week than he has in the past couple of weeks. He's still "losing" a lot of blood and consequently, they keep giving him more units (like 8 units in 2 days). He doesn't seem to be sickened (yet) by the treatments. The oncologist seems to think that once they get further into the treatments to shrink the tumors that the bleeding will stop. Both Lamar and Freeda sound "hopeful" and appreciate the prayers.

((((((((((((Prayers))))))))))))))))))))))))) going up....

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009

Awesome!!!!!!!!! :):):):)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi

Isn't that a lot of blood within 2 days, though? Not trying to poor ice water on his progress, because it sounds like he's off to a good start. What does the doctor think the bleeding is from? Is it exiting the body or is it pooling somewhere? More prayers going up for them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread