Pre-filled KR8 Cartomizers - Where to Get Them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moofaso

Smoke Free Since 11-11-11
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2011
I'm right behind you
I just tried that and it's not working for me. I ordered from Velvet Vapors and they have a perfumey taste and very little vapor. I was told they probably need to steep for awhile. I just really don't have the patience for dripping it seems.

Sorry you are having trouble krysti. Yes, steeping some liquids can make all the difference. what nic level are you at. I could send you some already steeped juice I am not using, but they are all pretty high in nic from 24mg to 36mg.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
For perfumy- definitely a steeping issue. I got juice from Vixen Vapors and it was perfume city! It got much better and turned into pretty good juice.

Kick Bass doesn't seem like it needs to steep much. They have good juice you might like but they only sell juice on Tue and Friday nights. I think those are the days. I got Pinapple Shake there and it was really good!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Not that bizarre. Many eliquid and ecig hardware shops are 1-person operations. Some may set aside days for making and shipping the juice.

I am surprised Velvet Vapors was perfumey to you since they have never seemed overflavored or flowery to me. Overflavoring is one main cause of flowery/perfumey liquids. What PG/VG blend did you order?

krysti

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2011
IL
Not that bizarre. Many eliquid and ecig hardware shops are 1-person operations. Some may set aside days for making and shipping the juice.

I am surprised Velvet Vapors was perfumey to you since they have never seemed overflavored or flowery to me. Overflavoring is one main cause of flowery/perfumey liquids. What PG/VG blend did you order?

I ordered 100% PG because I like a throat hit. I haven't tried VG at all yet.

The rootbeer float is good, but the others are really bad. It really tastes like I'm vaping perfume right out of the bottle, seriously. I haven't had that with anything else I've tried (pre-filled cartos). Although, the V4L pre-filleds I got had a bit of a chemical taste to them. Oh and their Cherry Cordial tasted like I was vaping straight up alcohol.

krysti

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2011
IL
Did you buy creamy flavors with cream or cheesecake? I avoid those from all vendors. They often are flowery and need steeping no matter where you get them. The worst most flowery ones I have gotten were from other vendors.

Velvet Vapor's Raspberry Gingerale is my fave

Yes, they were Strawberry Cheesecake and Raspberry Bavarian Cream. The other one is Cotton Candy and I'm not sure what it tastes like, but it's not good. Well, at least maybe it won't be a total waste if they might be good after steeping. It just sucks that I wasted so many cartos. I don't understand why I can't let the cartos sit and "steep" though...? Thanks for letting me know that about those flavors.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Steeping refers to juices. You shake the juice, then pop out the dropper tip (grab with a tissue and tilt the tip and pull and the same time) and set the open bottle somewhere safe from kids. pets and spills for several hours to overnight. Then push the dropper tip back in, recap, shake and give it a try. If still flowery let it sit closed for a week and try again. I can't be bothered with that so I just avoid flavor with cream and cheesecake and any others I have bought that were flowery. One exception - that chocolate fudge bavarian cream from madvapes is flowery but somehow I feel compelled to vape it anyway.

And this is how I fill, cleanup, settle KR8 cartos, and then how I keep damp while vaping.

---
How I fill Vapor4Life KR8 cartos and Boge 510 cartos

With the carto off the battery... Pop out the soft cap with an unbent paperclip in the mouth hole, very careful not to catch stuffing or the wire loop.
Shake and open the eliquid

Fill
Hold a bit of tissue on the threaded end hole (or use the carto condom spike to block the hole),, tilt the carto, and add 18 drops per ml of capacity into the stuffing (Boges and most KR8 cartos are about 1ml).
Wait 15 seconds or so then see how many more drops the carto stuffing will soak in easily.

Cleanup
Clean up the threaded end, tilt open end down into tissue, puff into threaded end to clear air channel (Boges and the KR8 cartos I use have a defined center air channel and I want to see light through that) While the carto is still open end down, touch a soft bunch of tissue to the top of the stuffing to get the loose juice - this will help prevent leaks.

Settle (first fill only)
Cap and let it settle - I lay it on different sides and on the ends for 15-20 minutes to make sure every bit of stuffing gets damp so I won't singe the carto. if you use thicker juice than me (I use 20% Vg or less) then you may need to wait much longer.

While vaping
While vaping, if the vapor gets a bit light or a bit dry or the carto is getting hotter than normal, I take the carto off the battery and add eliquid. Also, I use such light sediment-free juices, I can look at the stuffing and see if it needs juice because the stuffing goes back to near-white.

I often use a plastic or delrin drip tip as a mouthpiece on Boge and KR8 cartos (not to drip into since the juice would head for the central air channel). Easy to pop out to add juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread