pre-filling cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphlaque_duck

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2010
San Jose, CA
Is there anything wrong with pre-filling a batch of 510 cartomizers a few days in advance? I'm thinking in terms of atty damage from extended soaking or perhaps juice deterioration from sitting in there.

I realize they are also sold pre-filled but I'm wondering if there is any downside to this. Would prefer to just have a whole bunch loaded and ready to go.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
aphlaque_duck:Is there anything wrong with pre-filling a batch of 510 cartomizers a few days in advance?

I'm wondering if you mean 510 carts rather that cartomizers because except for blank cartomizers, all the rest come 'pre-filled' and sit in warehouses and retail outlets like that for a while. So if you mean cartomizers, then there would be no problem.

If you mean 510 carts, prefilling a bunch of carts, so you don't have to top off for a trip or something is doable. (again, that's what the prefilled carts that you buy are). The only thing is you don't want to overfill the carts to where they would flood the atomizer. And as someone pointed out, with either cartomizers or carts I'd put the rubbers back on and at least on the one end of cart.

aphlaque_duck

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2010
San Jose, CA
I'm wondering if you mean 510 carts rather that cartomizers

I meant cartomizers. Just got my first of them today and they are FANTASTIC. I am so over the routine of poly fill, straws, tweezers, blowing out attys, topping up etc.

Although I must admit at first I was having phantom urges to top-up after a few drags. Like a severed limb I suppose.... a superfluous, unwanted limb.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
As all have mentioned: Yes You can.
As some have mentioned: Put the caps on BOTH ends.

I found a Cartomizer I had filled about 6 weeks ago in the top drawer of my desk. It hits and lasted just like the ones I filled 3 days ago.

Perhaps if I was doing a huge amount I would keep them in the frig for long term storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread