Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
That tank is a few years old.
Have you looked at currently available products?
If you want a .2Ω build in that unit, you would need two coils at approx .4Ω each for a final resistance of ~.2Ω.
Have you considered a single coil tank? They are much more forgiving for a beginner.
Which battery device/tank are you using now?
What is your budget?

How long did you smoke?
How many per day?
What is the nicotine content of the juice you use?
Where are you located?

Cheers
I

Esti

Aug 15, 2020
I ended up buying a vandy vape kylin M. Being a mesh tank it is much easier to build on and after extensive research I found the general consensus to be a good RTA. I have a gen 1 nunchaku, I plan to upgrade that too after I figure out what a good upgrade mod will be. Currently I use a freemax fireluke 2 with the .2 ohm dual mesh coils at 70 wats. Budget is under $200. If by smoke u mean cigs, 9 years. Per day about 4 but I dont smoke everyday, I chain vape though. For juice I use 3mg. Located in southern Cali.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
What's your budget? High end? I know a lot will disagree with me (since I'm a build newbie thats been talking about building for about a year) but I like my Dead Rabbit and my Goon. The dead rabbit is easy to build with and my Goon is very forgiving.

For mesh I've only tried the Wotofo Profile RDA. I like it a lot. I buy my mest in a roll and then cut off the amount to use. I've never had a hard time wicking but have heard that you need to use a lot of cotton. But since its so cheap it doesn't matter really.
Good luck. I hope someone who knows what their talking about comes around soon.
Good luck!

Esti

Aug 15, 2020
After using the kylin m for some time now I prefer coils instead of mesh. Im not at all pleased with the kylin M. My budget for squonk and RDA is about $300. I was looking at the augvape templar but now I cant find it anymore. Ive also heard the vandyvape widowmaker is pretty good but I dont know anyone thats actually used it.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
You know a good squonk mod too?

Asmodus is having a 50% off sale. You can pick up a stabwood pumper for $40 shipped. Mix that with a C4 or .Blank rda and you'll be happy. Under $60 shipped for a complete set up. I wasn't sure I'd like it as I'm an old school squonker but the pump is pretty nice imo.

20200829_092832_HDRa.jpg

Otherwise, I mostly use my Topside's and pulse's. The new Pulse II is a pretty nice mod but still doesn't compare to the Topside.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Asmodus is having a 50% off sale. You can pick up a stabwood pumper for $40 shipped. Mix that with a C4 or .Blank rda and you'll be happy. Under $60 shipped for a complete set up. I wasn't sure I'd like it as I'm an old school squonker but the pump is pretty nice imo.

View attachment 904723

Otherwise, I mostly use my Topside's and pulse's. The new Pulse II is a pretty nice mod but still doesn't compare to the Topside.
Curious as to why you like the topside better than the pulse II? As a non-driver, the weight difference, water resistance, not to mention the Bluetooth locator for my absent-mindedness make it seem that much better.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
Curious as to why you like the topside better than the pulse II? As a non-driver, the weight difference, water resistance, not to mention the Bluetooth locator for my absent-mindedness make it seem that much better.
IMO the Topside is easier to fill. It won't leak from the RDA when filling. More juice capacity. More comfortable in hand. Quicker battery change. Both of my Pulse II's have some play in the front panel (one has a sticky fire button). I also don't care for the metal tube in the Pulse II bottle. They're not bad mods by any means ( I have 2 of them), I just prefer the Topside.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
IMO the Topside is easier to fill. It won't leak from the RDA when filling. More juice capacity. More comfortable in hand. Quicker battery change. Both of my Pulse II's have some play in the front panel (one has a sticky fire button). I also don't care for the metal tube in the Pulse II bottle. They're not bad mods by any means ( I have 2 of them), I just prefer the Topside.
I heard about the sticky fire button issue, but also heard that Vandy Vape is fixing them if it happens. Don't get me wrong, I like my topside, better even than the aegis, but definitely needed a more resilient mod. I don't see the filling issues as too much of a downside, as I unually only need to take a puff or two to dry out my wick. It does seem a bit more fiddly, but that seems like a small price to pay for the upsides. If they made a waterproof topside, I'd be all over it.

• Love
Reactions: Rob B.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Im looking for a simple but quality made mod. I dont need and crazy features or colors. Just solid black and made well enough to survive at least a year of chain vaping use. Will be paired with the augvape templar and the vandy wifowmaker.
I don't think you'd go wrong with any of the ones mentioned. You vape wattage? No TC? Maybe check out the pico squeeze 2 if you do use TC, as it'll run aftermarket firmware called Arctic fox. If direct voltage is acceptable, an asmodus or recurve is mighty durable, there are some true mech options too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread