Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
i was looking into buying some prebuilt ss coils. Prebuiltcoils dot com seems to have a good selection and decent prices. Has anybody bought from there that can share their experience? Also do you have any other suggestions for a place that has a good selection of stainless steel coils for a good price and are quality built? Exotic coils since I got a single coil RTA and it might give me good flavor with the extra wire.

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Thanks I just checked it out and seems like lots of good choices. I know it can get pricey but the should last awhile and there is no way I want to try making some of these coils. I made a twisted ss coil and it was a pain in the .... dealing with it’s springyness. It didn’t want to hold its shape.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
So I took a chance and bought some ss coils from prebuiltcoils dot com. I was gonna order from AVS but saw a 25% off coupon (fight) for PBC so I ordered from them. I’ll let y’all know what I think of them when I receive them. Hopefully all is well because I’m always leery of ordering from sites I can find little about but they took PayPal so I figured at least my credit card info would be safe so I’d give it a shot. Let’s hope they’re quality coils.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’m primarily a single coil vaper and I find exotic coils don’t buy me much. They take a lot of power to drive and tend to heat and cool slowly. You do get a little mod re vapor out of them, but flavorwise there’s no improvement. The most useful exotic thing found was a 22/40 single strand clapton. The idea is maximum surface area for minimum mass, and that net wire has a better surface area to mass ratio.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I'm the opposite. Every once in a while I throw a single wire build in a Nano and find it unsatisfactory and within a day have a tri core fc installed again.
The only time I use single wire builds is for tc. Other than that I use rectangle wire or fused claptons.
To each their own.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm the opposite. Every once in a while I throw a single wire build in a Nano and find it unsatisfactory and within a day have a tri core fc installed again.
Maybe you’re doing something I should try. What are the particulars on this FC you build?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Maybe you’re doing something I should try. What are the particulars on this FC you build?
I use 3mm, 5-6 wrap 30x3/38. Usually comes in around .42-.49 depending on wraps. Like the pre-built and spooled equally well. I generally run them at 23-26 watts. Lower than most, I prefer a cooler vape for most juices. Since switching to the thinner guage wires the ramp is great. They don't last as long tho, getting about 3-5 weeks instead of 8-10 weeks. Worth it for me.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
FastTech has a variety of cheap prebuilt SS coils in packs but I was in a rush and a bit leery of china wire so I just ordered some from AVS myself. It would probably be cheaper to buy spools but I waste more than I should when pulling off spools and have never tried rolling these fancy/flat coils off a spool so I just went with prebuilts instead. I can't wait, hopefully they will be here by the end of the week so I can get my mech squonkers back in rotation (hoping SS will perform better than the KA1/NI80 coilology builds I have been using.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I use 3mm, 5-6 wrap 30x3/38. Usually comes in around .42-.49 depending on wraps. Like the pre-built and spooled equally well. I generally run them at 23-26 watts. Lower than most, I prefer a cooler vape for most juices. Since switching to the thinner guage wires the ramp is great. They don't last as long tho, getting about 3-5 weeks instead of 8-10 weeks. Worth it for me.
Getting near 1.7-2.3. Must be doing something wrong

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I've used all the coils you've ordered and all are great. I pif'd the 430 coils because I didn't like fooling with tc. They are popular with those that do prefer tc. You won't need coils for ages.

yeah, my first time trying 430. i use tc less and less and was never a fan of TCR but figured I should give it a trya nd worst comes to worse they should work in power mode.

I had those in my cart, and a few others, until I ordered from AVS instead and pushed them over to my save for later wishlist.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I had those in my cart, and a few others, until I ordered from AVS instead and pushed them over to my save for later wishlist.

I do that sometimes also. Buy State-Side because I want to get it Quickly. But Wish List it on FT if it is something I might want to get more of down the road.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
yeah, my first time trying 430. i use tc less and less and was never a fan of TCR but figured I should give it a trya nd worst comes to worse they should work in power mode.

430 does not do well in power mode. I don't know why but it just doesn't. Taste and vape are completely off imo.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread