The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Prebuilt ss coils

Discussion in 'Wick and Wire' started by madstabber, Feb 3, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i was looking into buying some prebuilt ss coils. Prebuiltcoils dot com seems to have a good selection and decent prices. Has anybody bought from there that can share their experience? Also do you have any other suggestions for a place that has a good selection of stainless steel coils for a good price and are quality built? Exotic coils since I got a single coil RTA and it might give me good flavor with the extra wire.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Check out advanced vape supply. All their stuff is 316L and nicely made and priced. Prewrapped coils, especially exotics, can get expensive if you're not making your own. AVS is a nice compromise in cost for quality.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. madstabber

Thanks I just checked it out and seems like lots of good choices. I know it can get pricey but the should last awhile and there is no way I want to try making some of these coils. I made a twisted ss coil and it was a pain in the butt dealing with it’s springyness. It didn’t want to hold its shape.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I've been using AVS for over a year now and their coils are very consistent.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  5. madstabber

So I took a chance and bought some ss coils from prebuiltcoils dot com. I was gonna order from AVS but saw a 25% off coupon (fight) for PBC so I ordered from them. I’ll let y’all know what I think of them when I receive them. Hopefully all is well because I’m always leery of ordering from sites I can find little about but they took PayPal so I figured at least my credit card info would be safe so I’d give it a shot. Let’s hope they’re quality coils.

• Like Like x 2
  6. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I’m primarily a single coil vaper and I find exotic coils don’t buy me much. They take a lot of power to drive and tend to heat and cool slowly. You do get a little mod re vapor out of them, but flavorwise there’s no improvement. The most useful exotic thing found was a 22/40 single strand clapton. The idea is maximum surface area for minimum mass, and that net wire has a better surface area to mass ratio.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I'm the opposite. Every once in a while I throw a single wire build in a Nano and find it unsatisfactory and within a day have a tri core fc installed again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    The only time I use single wire builds is for tc. Other than that I use rectangle wire or fused claptons.
    To each their own.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Maybe you’re doing something I should try. What are the particulars on this FC you build?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I use 3mm, 5-6 wrap 30x3/38. Usually comes in around .42-.49 depending on wraps. Like the pre-built and spooled equally well. I generally run them at 23-26 watts. Lower than most, I prefer a cooler vape for most juices. Since switching to the thinner guage wires the ramp is great. They don't last as long tho, getting about 3-5 weeks instead of 8-10 weeks. Worth it for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    FastTech has a variety of cheap prebuilt SS coils in packs but I was in a rush and a bit leery of china wire so I just ordered some from AVS myself. It would probably be cheaper to buy spools but I waste more than I should when pulling off spools and have never tried rolling these fancy/flat coils off a spool so I just went with prebuilts instead. I can't wait, hopefully they will be here by the end of the week so I can get my mech squonkers back in rotation (hoping SS will perform better than the KA1/NI80 coilology builds I have been using.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    not sure if they still are but AVS had 20% off this weekend with code 'AVS'.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I've used all the coils you've ordered and all are great. I pif'd the 430 coils because I didn't like fooling with tc. They are popular with those that do prefer tc. You won't need coils for ages.

• Like Like x 3
  14. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
  15. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Getting near 1.7-2.3. Must be doing something wrong

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    yeah, my first time trying 430. i use tc less and less and was never a fan of TCR but figured I should give it a trya nd worst comes to worse they should work in power mode.

I had those in my cart, and a few others, until I ordered from AVS instead and pushed them over to my save for later wishlist.

• Like Like x 3
  17. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I do that sometimes also. Buy State-Side because I want to get it Quickly. But Wish List it on FT if it is something I might want to get more of down the road.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    430 does not do well in power mode. I don't know why but it just doesn't. Taste and vape are completely off imo.

• Useful Useful x 2
  19. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I only use ss316l coils. What are you using?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    • Agree Agree x 3